Official Game of Thrones Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 245, 246, 247  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
So...in theory...if the whitewalkers kill a dragon will it become a zombie dragon?

I hope they don't bring that to the story. A creature that breathes fire among an army that is killed by fire?

I do like they're bringing back the giants. They're so awesome in the battle scenes.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

Oh thanks for letting me know. I thought the "mountain shaped like an arrowhead" was referring to Dragonstone. My bad.

No worries.

The part from the previews that has me curious was the shot of Arya standing in snow. She just finished killing the Freys and told the Lannister soldiers she was heading south to kill the Queen. If she's still in the River Lands that means winter has reached the south.

Winter hitting the south could mean all kinds of interesting stuff for what's happening in Kings Landing. Because of the War of the Five Kings, they didn't have enough food to feed the people and had to make an alliance with the Tyrells. If winter is here and the Tyrell alliance is dead along with the Freys how is Cersei going to keep the people from starving and turning on her?
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Apparently part of Cersei's prophecy is that she'll be killed by her "volanqar" (high Valyrian for little brother). This probably means Tyrion, but could also theoretically be Jaime (if he was born first). Given the accuracy of the other part of her prophecy -- that she'd outlive all her children -- in combination with the weight similar prophecies are given throughout the series, there's probably a good chance this comes to fruition.

I wasn't aware of this previously, and wasn't sure if y'all were either, so I thought I'd pass it along.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Apparently part of Cersei's prophecy is that she'll be killed by her "volanqar" (high Valyrian for little brother). This probably means Tyrion, but could also theoretically be Jaime (if he was born first). Given the accuracy of the other part of her prophecy -- that she'd outlive all her children -- in combination with the weight similar prophecies are given throughout the series, there's probably a good chance this comes to fruition.

I wasn't aware of this previously, and wasn't sure if y'all were either, so I thought I'd pass it along.

That'd be (bleepin') awesome! Especially if it is gruesome and slow.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I really think that whole Sam/Gilly storyline could have been condensed down to a few episodes. He's not going to stay at the Citadel long enough to become a maester and will leave with his father's Valyrian steel sword to help Jon fight the white walkers. It was cool to actually see the Citadel library and get an update on Jorah though.

There was a very important detail subtly played in that scene that may give insight into Little Finger's fate though . . . and it wasn't the mountain of dragon glass.

Think you've been visiting the same sites and reading the same articles as I have. Unless you actually figured it all out on the spot then damn props to you.

A bit of both. I was wondering what we were supposed to be seeing, but didn't recognize it, so I did some research which lead to a couple of interesting insights.

I'm tempted to ask for details but after partially ruining the Westworld experience by scouring the web for insights/speculation, I'll refrain from it. I'll just enjoy the ride.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Oh thanks for letting me know. I thought the "mountain shaped like an arrowhead" was referring to Dragonstone. My bad.

No worries.

The part from the previews that has me curious was the shot of Arya standing in snow. She just finished killing the Freys and told the Lannister soldiers she was heading south to kill the Queen. If she's still in the River Lands that means winter has reached the south.

Winter hitting the south could mean all kinds of interesting stuff for what's happening in Kings Landing. Because of the War of the Five Kings, they didn't have enough food to feed the people and had to make an alliance with the Tyrells. If winter is here and the Tyrell alliance is dead along with the Freys how is Cersei going to keep the people from starving and turning on her?

Some have speculated, not here but on other sites, that she will actually change directions and go to Winterfell. When she said that she's going to Kings Landing to kill the Queen and everyone laughed, you can see some hesitation in her.

Heck her arc last season ended with "A girl is Arya Stark of Winterfell, and I’m going home."

Last edited by PRLakeShow on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
tox wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Yeah, the showrunners were definitely not subtle in trying to paint that to light. ersonally, I think it would and should bite him in teh ass. If Sansa falls for it, it means all the progress she's made as a character is all for naught. That's just bad writing, 10K pages into teh story.This late into the narrative is the point where we should just be seeing the events unfold to their inevitable crescendo.

I imagine they're going to further develop the tension between Jon and Sansa and make us think LF will win once again, but Sansa ends up staying loyal to Jon and gets rid of LF. I hope they have something more clever up their sleeves since that's pretty predictable.

As far as the bolded goes, I can't help but feel this has been mostly true for a few seasons now already. Which kind of sucks -- I'm not a fan of how a lot of the show's plotting has felt "inevitable."

Yep, with you on that. As far as how the feeling of the show is inevitable. It has to. It's a closed ended narrative and we're near the end.

I suppose. I should wait and see how it actually plays out before voicing any more criticism, anyway.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Here's that portion of the prophecy in full:

Quote:
“Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds,” she said. “And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.”

If Tyrion strangles her..........
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:

It's gonna be Jaime. Tyrion is too "obvious"
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Didn't Jaime also express a wish to die in the arms of the woman he loves/loves him? Murder suicide?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
tox wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Didn't Jaime also express a wish to die in the arms of the woman he loves/loves him? Murder suicide?

Yeah, Jaime is no less "obvious" than Tyrion, for a number of reasons.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
tox wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Prophecy also reads this:

Quote:
“Queen you shall be… until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.”

This could be referring to either Dany or Sansa (though it could be interpreted as already having been fulfilled by Margaery). If it's Dany, Tyrion could make more sense.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

No worries.

Some have speculated, not here but on other sites, that she will actually change directions and go to Winterfell. When she said that she's going to Kings Landing to kill the Queen and everyone laughed, you can see some hesitation in her.

Heck her arc last season ended with "A girl is Arya Stark of Winterfell, and I’m going home."

Could be. It would explain the snow. The Twins are on the north end of the Riverlands.

I just remembered the Red Woman is also on Arya's death list for taking Gendry. She was last seen riding south after Jon banished her from the North. I'm guessing if Melisandre doesn't meet up and get killed by Arya along the way she's headed for Dragonstone to meet Daenerys. It seems like they're trying to give her character some redemption and we're still trying to figure out how the Lord of Light figures into all of this.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

No worries.

Could be. It would explain the snow. The Twins are on the north end of the Riverlands.

I just remembered the Red Woman is also on Arya's death list for taking Gendry. She was last seen riding south after Jon banished her from the North. I'm guessing if Melisandre doesn't meet up and get killed by Arya along the way she's headed for Dragonstone to meet Daenerys. It seems like they're trying to give her character some redemption and we're still trying to figure out how the Lord of Light figures into all of this.

The idea of Melisandre joining with the Queen of Dragon has some symmetry to it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Jamie came out of the womb holding onto Cersei's feet with his right hand. That hand is now gone. There's a theory that the combination of him being the little brother and losing his "attachment" to Cersei = he will kill her
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Jamie came out of the womb holding onto Cersei's feet with his right hand. That hand is now gone. There's a theory that the combination of him being the little brother and losing his "attachment" to Cersei = he will kill her

Queenslayer

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Queenslayer

Now, in more ways than one!
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Queenslayer

Now, in more ways than one!

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Jaime probably has more reason to kill Cersei than Tyrion does. And he makes a much more interesting killer plot wise. If Tyrion murders Cersei, it's just a matter of predictable sibling revenge. There's nothing but contempt between the two.

If Jaime kills Cersei, there are so many intriguing aspects to such an act that can be shaped into something far more interesting than if Tyrion is the culprit.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

It's been speculated for quite a long time that it will be Jaime.
He sees that Cersei is becoming like the mad king, and must be eliminated, is the theory.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject:

I've thought for a few seasons that Jaime would have to kill Cersei to be "free". He has essentially been a prisoner to her this entire time and he's been seeing just how crazy and evil she is, I think he wants to end ties and the only way is to kill her.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
tox wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

If you're in too deep, then yeah I agree. I' argue Jaime is less obvious to the kind of people who didn't see R+L=J coming, which is probably most people who aren't on online discussions where information disseminates so much more quickly.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Jaime probably has more reason to kill Cersei than Tyrion does. And he makes a much more interesting killer plot wise. If Tyrion murders Cersei, it's just a matter of predictable sibling revenge. There's nothing but contempt between the two.

If Jaime kills Cersei, there are so many intriguing aspects to such an act that can be shaped into something far more interesting than if Tyrion is the culprit.

Totally agree here btw.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Oof.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

The was a great opening season episode..

Why do the whitewalkers and the dead zombies wear clothes? They are dead and it is not like they would be cold..

Last edited by unleasHell on Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 163 of 247
Jump to: