Official Game of Thrones Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 168, 169, 170 ... 245, 246, 247  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
Littlefinger is my favorite character in the book and the show. just awesome. I think there is a curveball coming with him somewhere along the line. The thing with him and Sansa is too straightforward and obvious imo.

I think Cersei will kill the last sandsnake and possibly her mother in the next episode. The sandsnakes were a major disappointment in the tv show.

I laughed when Theon bailed on his sister lol. I have to say though that it fits his character. Just when you think he redeems himself he becomes a coward again.

Earlier people mentioned Gendry and I totally forgot about him. he hasn't been on the show in years, i wonder if they just got rid of him or if they'll bring him back.

I'd say it was PTSD, not cowardice, but that's neither here nor there
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Cochese wrote:
Littlefinger is my favorite character in the book and the show. just awesome. I think there is a curveball coming with him somewhere along the line. The thing with him and Sansa is too straightforward and obvious imo.

I think Cersei will kill the last sandsnake and possibly her mother in the next episode. The sandsnakes were a major disappointment in the tv show.

I laughed when Theon bailed on his sister lol. I have to say though that it fits his character. Just when you think he redeems himself he becomes a coward again.

Earlier people mentioned Gendry and I totally forgot about him. he hasn't been on the show in years, i wonder if they just got rid of him or if they'll bring him back.

Oh, it was very clearly PTSD. They made that pretty clear with the editing -- they cut from Theon to a group of Euron's guys ripping someone's teeth out, back to Theon, back to some other act of horrific violence, back to Theon, and so on.

I though Alfie Allen (Theon) was absolutely tremendous in that scene btw. You could see him incrementally reverting back to Reek each time they cut back to his face.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
D&D usually pick show titles cleverly to have 2 or more meanings. I could see Queens Justice being:

- Cersei making Ellaria watch as her daughter is killed in front of her (cruel but this is Cersei we're talking about)

- Dany seeking revenge on Lannisters by taking Castle Rock

- Sansa killing LF after Bran tells her the whole truth about how he was the mastermind behind everything Starks sufferered from S1. Tho I think Sansa will have Arya be her executioner. And using LF's own dagger, Cats Paw (retribution for Bran here too).

Did they ever reveal Littlefinger sent the assassin to kill Bran? He admitted to previously owning the dagger which he then claimed he lost to Tyrion in a bet way back in season 1.

I enjoyed the story line with Bran and the Three Eyed Raven that led to revealing the origin of the White Walkers, Hodor's past, and (R+L=J) but I hope the writers aren't planning to use Bran as some type of psychic detective to handle all their remaining big reveals.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

Episode 4's title has been released. It's "The Spoils of War"
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
D&D usually pick show titles cleverly to have 2 or more meanings. I could see Queens Justice being:

- Cersei making Ellaria watch as her daughter is killed in front of her (cruel but this is Cersei we're talking about)

- Sansa killing LF after Bran tells her the whole truth about how he was the mastermind behind everything Starks sufferered from S1. Tho I think Sansa will have Arya be her executioner. And using LF's own dagger, Cats Paw (retribution for Bran here too).

Did they ever reveal Littlefinger sent the assassin to kill Bran? He admitted to previously owning the dagger which he then claimed he lost to Tyrion in a bet way back in season 1.

I enjoyed the story line with Bran and the Three Eyed Raven that led to revealing the origin of the White Walkers, Hodor's past, and (R+L=J) but I hope the writers aren't planning to use Bran as some type of psychic detective to handle all their remaining big reveals.

Well the initial/obvious assumption was it was Jaime/Cersei that plotted it but I believe that was ruled out when Tyrion confronted them.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
tox wrote:
Cochese wrote:

Oh, it was very clearly PTSD. They made that pretty clear with the editing -- they cut from Theon to a group of Euron's guys ripping someone's teeth out, back to Theon, back to some other act of horrific violence, back to Theon, and so on.

I though Alfie Allen (Theon) was absolutely tremendous in that scene btw. You could see him incrementally reverting back to Reek each time they cut back to his face.

Yeah, Alfie Allen has always been fantastic. Crazy to think it's the same kid that this song was written about. lol
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:

Well the initial/obvious assumption was it was Jaime/Cersei that plotted it but I believe that was ruled out when Tyrion confronted them.

In book 3 or 4, Tyrion and Jaime deduce it to Joffrey being the one to that ordered the hit on Bran. Tyrion thinks it was following the slaps he gave to Joffrey to say his condolences to Starks.

I agree numero, Bran's storyline is one of the best. We may even get the biggest reveal of them all, Tourney in Harrenhall, which really started the entire show (roberts rebellion). I think Bran will play a big role being a scout / future visionary to Jon in the war against WWs. My bet is Bran and Jon will survive GoT. Sansa will be on Iron Throne and Arya will go back into wild (Bravvos or west of Westeros).
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject:

It's a shame Ramsey Bolton isn't still around. He could've helped Sam with the Grayscale "treatment".
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

They haven't addressed it since LF's denial that you referenced.

We know the Lannisters didn't do it from Tyrion's conversation with Jamie and Cersei at Winterfell. LF's denial always seemed weak. And we now know that he is the one who was pitting the Starks and Lannisters against each other using Liza Ayren as a pawn. If we assume it wasn't Jamie and Cersei, LF is the most likely suspect, as it was another step in getting the Starks to go to war with the Lannisters, which is what he was trying to accomplish.

Maybe Arya and Sansa (through Bran possibly) find out that he was responsible for this (and/or for betraying Ned), and then Arya takes him out with his own dagger ? I would love that.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

When the Night King touched Bran's arm during his vision of the White Walkers and army of the dead it cancelled the spells protecting the cave of the Three Eyed Raven. The Wall is also supposed to be protected by spells so does Bran being inside the Wall mean the White Walkers can just pass through it now?
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
When the Night King touched Bran's arm during his vision of the White Walkers and army of the dead it cancelled the spells protecting the cave of the Three Eyed Raven. The Wall is also supposed to be protected by spells so does Bran being inside the Wall mean the White Walkers can just pass through it now?

That's the popular theory
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

That's more of a book theory than a show theory. They haven't really brought up the Wall spells in the show. So I think the WWs will find another way to bring the wall down in the show.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

That's more of a book theory than a show theory. They haven't really brought up the Wall spells in the show. So I think the WWs will find another way to bring the wall down in the show.

I usually watch GoT with friends, some of whom are big time GoT nerds. I heard an interesting tidbit re: Wall. Apparently, there was a line cut out from the fire visions Hound spoke of in ep1. The line was "waves will be frozen" or something like it. So it could be that WWs don't go over the wall at all but go around it by freezing the waters by Eastwatch. Interesting theory.

Shout out to GoT nerds lol. I've read the books too but these guys are on another level. The theories, storylines, family lineage stuff is crazy. Imo GoT nerds have surpassed star war nerds. Not in sheer # of fans but in depth and breadth. Impressive.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
Episode 4's title has been released. It's "The Spoils of War"

Interesting . . . so there's some kind of battle coming up, which links to episode three's title.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I don't remember if it was brought up here, but there's another theory that ties into the whole White Walker access issue and that's the possibility that the Northern Seas have frozen over and that the White Walkers can now just march around the wall at a certain spot. Forgive me for my lack of GOT geographic senses, I have a hard enough time keeping all the characters and families straight.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I usually watch GoT with friends, some of whom are big time GoT nerds. I heard an interesting tidbit re: Wall. Apparently, there was a line cut out from the fire visions Hound spoke of in ep1. The line was "waves will be frozen" or something like it. So it could be that WWs don't go over the wall at all but go around it by freezing the waters by Eastwatch. Interesting theory.

Shout out to GoT nerds lol. I've read the books too but these guys are on another level. The theories, storylines, family lineage stuff is crazy. Imo GoT nerds have surpassed star war nerds. Not in sheer # of fans but in depth and breadth. Impressive.

So yes DMR, I was brought up here . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Nothing surpasses Mulholland Drive nerds.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Nothing surpasses Mulholland Drive nerds.

I liked the Mulholland Drive nerds. They put on some great street racing back in the day. Saturday nights up on the ridge were a blast.

Oh wait, you're talking about the movie . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Biter! Omg omg so offended here. Recognize me. Recognize me <in my Ron Artest voice>

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Biter! Omg omg so offended here. Recognize me. Recognize me <in my Ron Artest voice>

I meant "it", not "I" . . . I was totally giving you credit!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I know what you meant. Just messing w you, brother. Any chance I get to invoke that press conf I try to use it.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:

When Benjen Stark rescued Bran and Meera last season he told them he couldn't go with them [inside the wall] because of magic (or maybe he said spells).
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I don't remember if it was brought up here, but there's another theory that ties into the whole White Walker access issue and that's the possibility that the Northern Seas have frozen over and that the White Walkers can now just march around the wall at a certain spot. Forgive me for my lack of GOT geographic senses, I have a hard enough time keeping all the characters and families straight.

That's interesting given what happened in ep. 1 when Jon ordered Tormund and his wildlings to guard the castle at East Watch by the Sea.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I know what you meant. Just messing w you, brother. Any chance I get to invoke that press conf I try to use it.

You invoke what ever you'd like to . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Yea, wasn't that essentially what the Hound saw when he looked into the fire in the season premiere?

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 168, 169, 170 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 169 of 247
Jump to: