Official Game of Thrones Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 187, 188, 189 ... 245, 246, 247  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Episode leaked at 1080p WHAT?!!!

Debating whether to watch it. Don't worry guys, I don't post spoilers.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

^ I watched the last one that leaked (in terrible quality) and I'm going to watch this one probably tonight simply because I'm certain if I don't it will be spoiled via facebook or youtube(I hear there are spoiler clips ALL OVER youtube).

I wont be discussing until Sunday at 8pm though.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe I'm asking this but can I get PM to the 1080p version?

(bleep), (bleep), (bleep)....
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Check your inbox.

Please hold on to any info till Sunday.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:

The pain of waiting till Sunday.....too see what episode 7 is supposed to be!
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

I felt the same way. Don't do it!

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Thanks everyone! This might be my greatest test of will to resist the urge.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Just watch it twice like I do when these things happen.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

try to do it with heroin next
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
i didn't enjoy Qarth that much and i felt like arya's training could have been better portrayed.

i liked arya's scenes with Tywin, Gendry, Sandor. brienne served as a nice compliment and counter to Jaimie. a person who actually has honor and isn't even a knight.

why is arya so hostile to sansa?? some say she knows what littlefinger is upto and is playing him, but i think she's legit being played. i know they are opposites and had a sibling childhood feud of sorts but still....

To the bolded, it makes a ton of sense to me. Arya is an emotionally stunted child who barely escaped a cult that essentially tried to wipe out her personality. Whereas Sansa learned firsthand the art of diplomacy in KL and from LF, Arya was busy honing her physical training. So Arya isn't going to approach the conversation with much tact.

The other point to be made is that Arya is probably at least somewhat correct about Sansa's ambition. They've been hinting at it for a while, and while I do believe her loyalty to Jon and her family will easily supersede her personal ambitions, Arya probably did correctly sense in Sansa something Arya finds distasteful. Given her absolute loyalty to Jon, does it not make sense Arya would call out Sansa?

Arya's pre-Bravosi story was great, as you noted, and I've enjoyed her Winterfell reunion. It feels slightly anticlimactic, insofar that I firmly believe LF's machinations will eventually fail, but at least the character work feels fairly smooth.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

I watched it. I didn't watch the previous one because it was in SD, but this is indeed in 1080p. I won't be posting any spoilers (not even if this episode was good or bad), so don't worry. Waiting till Sunday to discuss with you guys.
6o3keto
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Like some of you here, I just watched the leaked episode.[END IT RIGHT THERE -- NO FURTHER COMMENTARY, EVEN IF ONLY TO SAY "IT WAS GOOD/BAD/MEH"]
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Chances are these leaks will keep happening.
We might need to make a GOT Leak thread.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

there's only one episode left for god knows how long. i hope its return in 2019 isn't true....
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Funny thing is that HBO themselves leaked this episode or, to be more precise, their third-party vendors in HBO Nordic and HBO España.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
ani007 wrote:
i didn't enjoy Qarth that much and i felt like arya's training could have been better portrayed.

i liked arya's scenes with Tywin, Gendry, Sandor. brienne served as a nice compliment and counter to Jaimie. a person who actually has honor and isn't even a knight.

why is arya so hostile to sansa?? some say she knows what littlefinger is upto and is playing him, but i think she's legit being played. i know they are opposites and had a sibling childhood feud of sorts but still....

To the bolded, it makes a ton of sense to me. Arya is an emotionally stunted child who barely escaped a cult that essentially tried to wipe out her personality. Whereas Sansa learned firsthand the art of diplomacy in KL and from LF, Arya was busy honing her physical training. So Arya isn't going to approach the conversation with much tact.

The other point to be made is that Arya is probably at least somewhat correct about Sansa's ambition. They've been hinting at it for a while, and while I do believe her loyalty to Jon and her family will easily supersede her personal ambitions, Arya probably did correctly sense in Sansa something Arya finds distasteful. Given her absolute loyalty to Jon, does it not make sense Arya would call out Sansa?

Arya's pre-Bravosi story was great, as you noted, and I've enjoyed her Winterfell reunion. It feels slightly anticlimactic, insofar that I firmly believe LF's machinations will eventually fail, but at least the character work feels fairly smooth.

yeah but when they met they were just fine and is it really outrageous for Sansa to have ambitions to rule Winterfell. Arya is literally picking up right where they left the relationship as children so many years ago. She seems to have a hard on to put Sansa on her list. Detachment i get. Like her conversation and attitude with moon pie. But she is effortlessly doing the work of a Cersei or Littlefinger by actively expressing malice and accusing Sansa of betraying Jon. Either way, she's made it crystal clear she's team Jon and will probably kill Sansa if she betrays him.

so, she's a master assassin who is still emotionally a child? Not rationale, calm, cool headed.

she declared unequivocally she is Arya Stark, yet still feels the effects of the cult?

She's no one, yet still harbors all the resentment of childhood....

she menacingly threatens Sansa for what? this is her childishness or naivete to Westerosi politics?

I admire her love and allegiance to Jon, but its like she is oblivious to the bigger picture. If all she wanted was vengeance, she should have continued south.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject:

maybe a wild thing wasn't meant to be domesticated. maybe she just sees the world like her father in black and white and swift justice, versus the political maneuverings of a king landing. akin to randall tarly.

and i appreciate that littlefinger should be able to manipulate arya since he's been doing it longer.

and last arya saw Sansa she was standing next to Joff cutting of their fathers head. don't think she saw her faint can't remember.

they are wholly different people. arya was trying to take a blade to Tywin where as Sansa had multiple opportunities to leave King's Landing and i have no idea why she didn't.

it just seems like nothing is going on for the moment at Winterfell, and we are getting a cliche soap side story of sibling rivalry. Not digging it. Unless it turns out to be some sort of long con and LF ends up failing at his manipulations and machinations stabbed by arya.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
tox wrote:
ani007 wrote:

yeah but when they met they were just fine and is it really outrageous for Sansa to have ambitions to rule Winterfell. Arya is literally picking up right where they left the relationship as children so many years ago. She seems to have a hard on to put Sansa on her list. Detachment i get. Like her conversation and attitude with moon pie. But she is effortlessly doing the work of a Cersei or Littlefinger by actively expressing malice and accusing Sansa of betraying Jon. Either way, she's made it crystal clear she's team Jon and will probably kill Sansa if she betrays him.

so, she's a master assassin who is still emotionally a child? Not rationale, calm, cool headed.

she declared unequivocally she is Arya Stark, yet still feels the effects of the cult?

she menacingly threatens Sansa for what? this is her childishness or naivete to Westerosi politics?

I admire her love and allegiance to Jon, but its like she is oblivious to the bigger picture. If all she wanted was vengeance, she should have continued south.

When they met, of course they were fine! It was a sisterly reunion after how many years? That doesn't mean that suddenly they're best friends or that underlying mistrust won't surface back up, but the reunion sweeps those problems under the rug temporarily.

But Arya has a preconception of who Sansa is (remember, she hasn't seen all the (bleep) Sansa has gone through, including character growth), and those happy reunion vibes will fade away. Confirmation bias is a hell of a drug, and Arya sees Sansa's behavior and reads into it to support that preconception. Tack that onto her absolute loyalty to Jon (from childhood), Arya being naive about politics, and Arya being right about Sansa to some (small) extent and it seems to me it's perfectly reasonable Arya's as mistrustful of Sansa as she is.

Is it wrong that Sansa has such ambitions? That's a matter of opinion, but Arya's character as written definitely would have a problem with it, as it undermines Jon's authority.

To make it clear, I think Sansa is mostly in the right here. I'm not defending Arya's actions but rather her character as written. You actually nailed it with what I colored red. Remember, Arya had to deliberate between returning home to her family or going South to get vengeance. Hell, Arya and Bran even discussed how surprising it was that Arya didn't pursue vengeance. But the fact that it was a difficult choice for her underscores the central tension in her character arc right now, and we're seeing the effects of it, e.g. with her lingering mistrust of Sansa or her preference for beheading the irresolute lords.

Quote:
Unless it turns out to be some sort of long con and LF ends up failing at his manipulations and machinations stabbed by arya.

Littlefinger is a goner. I don't see how Arya's character arc ends without her loosening her bloodthirst and working with Sansa to take down LF. Learning that discipline just seems like the natural culmination of her character arc.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Please do so people will stop talking about them here.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Seriously, these half innuendos are irritating as (bleep). If you saw it cool man.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
ani007 wrote:
tox wrote:
ani007 wrote:

When they met, of course they were fine! It was a sisterly reunion after how many years? That doesn't mean that suddenly they're best friends or that underlying mistrust won't surface back up, but the reunion sweeps those problems under the rug temporarily.

But Arya has a preconception of who Sansa is (remember, she hasn't seen all the (bleep) Sansa has gone through, including character growth), and those happy reunion vibes will fade away. Confirmation bias is a hell of a drug, and Arya sees Sansa's behavior and reads into it to support that preconception. Tack that onto her absolute loyalty to Jon (from childhood), Arya being naive about politics, and Arya being right about Sansa to some (small) extent and it seems to me it's perfectly reasonable Arya's as mistrustful of Sansa as she is.

Is it wrong that Sansa has such ambitions? That's a matter of opinion, but Arya's character as written definitely would have a problem with it, as it undermines Jon's authority.

To make it clear, I think Sansa is mostly in the right here. I'm not defending Arya's actions but rather her character as written. You actually nailed it with what I colored red. Remember, Arya had to deliberate between returning home to her family or going South to get vengeance. Hell, Arya and Bran even discussed how surprising it was that Arya didn't pursue vengeance. But the fact that it was a difficult choice for her underscores the central tension in her character arc right now, and we're seeing the effects of it, e.g. with her lingering mistrust of Sansa or her preference for beheading the irresolute lords.

Quote:
Unless it turns out to be some sort of long con and LF ends up failing at his manipulations and machinations stabbed by arya.

Littlefinger is a goner. I don't see how Arya's character arc ends without her loosening her bloodthirst and working with Sansa to take down LF. Learning that discipline just seems like the natural culmination of her character arc.

They way you framed things from Arya's perspective makes me more willing to accept the fact that Arya is truly mistrusting. It does fit her character under that lens.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

^ she didn't even trust Brienne when she "rescued" her from the hound. I mean I guess you can't really blame her since it was a stranger with a Lannister sword.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

They way you framed things from Arya's perspective makes me more willing to accept the fact that Arya is truly mistrusting. It does fit her character under that lens.

Right. It's also worth pointing out that what Arya perceives is real, even if she argues her case poorly (and overstates the extent of Sansa's ambition IMO). This conflict is important to her character arc, too. In much of Seasons 6 and 7 there's been this tension where she's felt like she should be Lady of Winterfell while also loyally backing Jon. I imagine the upcoming Winterfell storyline will resolve Arya's arc, Sansa's arc, and Littlefinger's storyline all in one fell swoop.

E.G. I'm imagining that LF, always trying to isolate other sources of influence on Sansa, is going to frame Arya undermining Sansa. This will upset the Northern lords, who will ask Sansa to make Arya leave Winterfell. Arya will apparently leave. The resolution of this will be some plot from Arya & Sansa using Arya's face changing to eventually expose Littlefinger's scheming and get rid of him for good. I'm spitballing here as I'm not a scriptwriter, but that's the general direction I expect this to go.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Right. It's also worth pointing out that what Arya perceives is real, even if she argues her case poorly (and overstates the extent of Sansa's ambition IMO). This conflict is important to her character arc, too. In much of Seasons 6 and 7 there's been this tension where she's felt like she should be Lady of Winterfell while also loyally backing Jon. I imagine the upcoming Winterfell storyline will resolve Arya's arc, Sansa's arc, and Littlefinger's storyline all in one fell swoop.

E.G. I'm imagining that LF, always trying to isolate other sources of influence on Sansa, is going to frame Arya undermining Sansa. This will upset the Northern lords, who will ask Sansa to make Arya leave Winterfell. Arya will apparently leave. The resolution of this will be some plot from Arya & Sansa using Arya's face changing to eventually expose Littlefinger's scheming and get rid of him for good. I'm spitballing here as I'm not a scriptwriter, but that's the general direction I expect this to go.

Arya, Sansa, Littlefinger.

I think 2 of them will survive while one will perish. I'd put my money on LF biting the dust, and arya and sansa working out Sansa's non-existent betrayal (excluding allowing the Lord's to question their lord being afk when winter has come). i want to see more arya assasin's creed mode
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Jon Snow morphs into a pony!

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 187, 188, 189 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 188 of 247
Jump to: