Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 200, 201, 202 ... 245, 246, 247  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Cans omeone explain to me what the deal is with Bronn and Jamie holded up in a castle under seige by the Unsullied and the Dothraki? Was that some sort of flash forward or something?

It wasn't a siege. It was Dany basically showing her full might before her meeting with Cersei. IOW, "any funny business during this meeting and KL falls." They were surrounding KL all while the meeting took place.

I think the confusion comes from the fact that the shot of Bron and Jamie looking out at the Unsullied looks like it was filmed at the Highgarden location. Those don't look like the walls at KL.

Seems like a very minor thing to save money on, but maybe they didn't do any shooting in Croatia this year, in which case it would be a big savings to swap in that shot.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
tox wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Cans omeone explain to me what the deal is with Bronn and Jamie holded up in a castle under seige by the Unsullied and the Dothraki? Was that some sort of flash forward or something?

It wasn't a siege. It was Dany basically showing her full might before her meeting with Cersei. IOW, "any funny business during this meeting and KL falls." They were surrounding KL all while the meeting took place.

I think the confusion comes from the fact that the shot of Bron and Jamie looking out at the Unsullied looks like it was filmed at the Highgarden location. Those don't look like the walls at KL.

Seems like a very minor thing to save money on, but maybe they didn't do any shooting in Croatia this year, in which case it would be a big savings to swap in that shot.

Yeah, that's what I thought it was...and with the warp speed travel, it didn't seem implausible. Anyways, full steam ahead, my suspension of disbelief is in full effect and I'm dying for S8.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject:

^At the beginning of that scene you could see the kings landing castle in the background, but I guess it's easy to miss
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
video of jon snow with seth meyers

saw it awhile ago but die every time i see it

Yeah. Just saw it for the first time a few weeks ago. The one with Melisandre at the baby shower was good too. Wish he'd done a few more of these.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
The way they're setting it up with Theon rallying some iron islanders makes me feel like next season we might see a great war at sea with Theon vs Euron (and The Golden Company), with Theon trying to prevent Euron from getting to Westeros w/TGC with the rest of the kingdom vulnerable to attack.

With what ships though? Didn't Dany and friends lose most of their ships?

and sailors who went down with the ships.

I think Theon and that group of Ironborn are going to pull off the same type of rescue Yara tried when Theon was a prisoner of Ramsay Bolton. He, one them, or maybe Davos probably knows a way from them to sneak past the Iron Fleet and get into Pyke. It wouldn't surprise me if Theon's story comes to an end he is killed during the rescue.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
The way they're setting it up with Theon rallying some iron islanders makes me feel like next season we might see a great war at sea with Theon vs Euron (and The Golden Company), with Theon trying to prevent Euron from getting to Westeros w/TGC with the rest of the kingdom vulnerable to attack.

I think Theon and that group of Ironborn are going to pull off the same type of rescue Yara tried when Theon was a prisoner of Ramsay Bolton. He, one them, or maybe Davos probably knows a way from them to sneak past the Iron Fleet and get into Pyke. It wouldn't surprise me if Theon's story comes to an end he is killed during the rescue.

Agreed. BTW Theon's fight scene was probably the worst scene of the finale. Sucks that it followed a great scene with Jon. Such a hackneyed way of turning your weakness into your strength... plus I'm pretty sure he still has pain receptors down there.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Agreed. BTW Theon's fight scene was probably the worst scene of the finale. Sucks that it followed a great scene with Jon. Such a hackneyed way of turning your weakness into your strength... plus I'm pretty sure he still has pain receptors down there.

Agreed. They should have taken a page from Brienne's fight with the Hound.

Now that I think about it, I don't know how this rescue plays out. It's one thing if Yara is being held in King's Landing or Pyke but if she's with Euron they're on their way to Essos. The only other people who know about Euron's mission are Cersei and Jaime. If it only takes a raven a day or two to fly from beyond the Wall to Dragonstone, how long does it take Jaime on horseback to get from King's Landing to Winterfell to inform Daenerys/Tyrion of this?

I can't see the writers having Jaime reaching Winterfell in time to allow Dany to burn up Euron's fleet and kill the Golden Company en route to King's Landing. That wouldn't be dramatic enough so I don't see Yara's rescue and Euron's certain demise being tied together.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject:

sooo...

Season 8 less episodes more action. I don't mind less episodes if it means that we basically get 5 Feature level Films in 5 Weeks.

Can someone much smarter than me explain a bit how economically it makes sense for HBO to do this.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Ben Vereen wrote:
sooo...

Season 8 less episodes more action. I don't mind less episodes if it means that we basically get 5 Feature level Films in 5 Weeks.

Can someone much smarter than me explain a bit how economically it makes sense for HBO to do this.

The simplest reason is the actors per-episode pay is over $2Million. So having fewer( Stannis/Davos) episodes that are almost twice as long means they only have to pay them half and they can use that extra money for visual effects, other cast and crew, etc.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject:

Amazing video on The King in the North: LINK
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

That's a keeper. Thanks.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Why don't they just let the Night King resurrect Littlefinger...He would cause so much annoyance and in-fighting by the army of the dead...they would all start going insane and killing each other.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Why don't they just let the Night King resurrect Littlefinger...He would cause so much annoyance and in-fighting by the army of the dead...they would all start going insane and killing each other.

Lol. It would be kinda hard for him to whisper his lies in people's ears once Arya takes his face.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Ben Vereen wrote:

Stannis
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Ben Vereen wrote:

Stannis

I miss him.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

S7 was overall a solid season. It has some of that S5 feel to it where it was a setup for a great S6. Dont get some of the whining tho. Was it the absolute best GOT season, maybe not but it'd still be the best season for 99% of the shows out there. To continue to be the top show in TV's golden age is something.

The Dragon trap by Night's King was nice. Wonder if the books will do this. If you notice WWs had 3 spears waiting at the beginning of e9. Makes sense why he didnt just kill the Magnificent 7. Nice set up for S8. 1 Suped-up zombie dragon vs 2 regular fire breathing dragons (Jon will probably ride Rhaegal).

I thought Dany would die in the bittersweet ending but now I think it'll be Jon since she's preggo. I think w the recent Tyrion interviews they are playing up the Job/Dany drama like the Stark drama at the end of last season. It'll be nice to see Nymeria and Ghost team up in Isle of Faces to help defeat WWs.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Wait it's 5 episodes for nextg season!?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

That's a keeper. Thanks.

Dude...now THAT'S a highlight video.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

I haven't seen anything yet that contradicts the original 6 episode announcement for season 8.

It hasn't been officially announced whether any or all of the episodes will be extended versions like we got for the last two episodes of this season but that's one of the rumors.

What is looking likely is season 8 won't air until 2019 due to the filming scheduled to wrap up as late as next August followed by the extensive post-production process.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

I saw a meme blaming Hot Pie for the s*** storm of things that happened in season 7. Had he never told Arya about Jon being KITN she wouldn't have gone home and would have rode south and killed Cersei. Then Jon and Co. would have never needed to go north to get a wight for her and NK wouldn't get a dragon. All because of some chubby kid.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I haven't seen anything yet that contradicts the original 6 episode announcement for season 8.

It hasn't been officially announced whether any or all of the episodes will be extended versions like we got for the last two episodes of this season but that's one of the rumors.

What is looking likely is season 8 won't air until 2019 due to the filming scheduled to wrap up as late as next August followed by the extensive post-production process.

I heard all 6 episodes for the final season will be longer than an hour.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Ben Vereen wrote:
sooo...

The simplest reason is the actors per-episode pay is over $2Million. So having fewer( Stannis/Davos) episodes that are almost twice as long means they only have to pay them half and they can use that extra money for visual effects, other cast and crew, etc.

Yeah, less cast budget sure. But maybe they also save on less sets or travel to different locations?
But with these longer episodes and promised epic battles I'd expect their post production budget to skyrocket as well. Does Davos really make that much money?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

Ben Vereen wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Ben Vereen wrote:
sooo...

Yeah, less cast budget sure. But maybe they also save on less sets or travel to different locations?
But with these longer episodes and promised epic battles I'd expect their post production budget to skyrocket as well. Does Davos really make that much money?

The main 5 (Jon/Tyrion/Jaime/Cersei/Dany) get that much. Everyone else gets paid less.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Supposedly this was a deleted scene:
Quote:

In the middle of the night, Cersei wakes up in her bedroom. Something is wrong. She gets out of bed and grabs a lantern to find that her nightgown and bed are soaked in blood. She screams.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

The more action there is, especially the battles with thousand of men and dragons takes longer to produce than basic filming and can ONLY be done AFTER the basic filming has concluded.

So lots of money and lots of time, until the next season, which may not start until 2019!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 200, 201, 202 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 201 of 247
Jump to: