Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm on Episode 8, soon before Ned Stark is beheaded (Spoiler alert).

So sad to watch Ned just go down in flames again. And not sure I'm ready for several seasons of Joffrey's mug either.

Joffrey made me appreciate characters like Tyrion and Tywnn, who weren't intimidated by him and looked to check him at every opportunity, even more.

For being the star of the show, the majority of Tyrion's best scenes came in seasons 2-4 when he was in King's Landing IMO.

Tywin, I hated him but mad respect for his cunning ways. Like tipping your hate to someone you hate but respect.

But man, seeing Ned lose a 3-1 Warriors Finals series, ouch.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So sad to watch Ned just go down in flames again. And not sure I'm ready for several seasons of Joffrey's mug either.

Joffrey made me appreciate characters like Tyrion and Tywnn, who weren't intimidated by him and looked to check him at every opportunity, even more.

For being the star of the show, the majority of Tyrion's best scenes came in seasons 2-4 when he was in King's Landing IMO.

Tywin, I hated him but mad respect for his cunning ways. Like tipping your hate to someone you hate but respect.

But man, seeing Ned lose a 3-1 Warriors Finals series, ouch.

It's not only losing 3-1 but like he pulled a JR Smith to lose the 4th game. "I thought we were up".
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject:

How to make something good into something terrible:

Quote:
"Dan wanted to remove as many fantasy elements as possible bc “we didn’t just want to appeal to that type of fan.” They wanted to expand the fan base to people beyond the fantasy fan base to 'mothers, NFL players..."

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a29608442/benioff-weiss-game-of-thrones-showrunners-writers-panel-austin-film-festival/
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I doubt I'll ever rewatch GOT. I have no desire to. So much of its appeal was not knowing what was gonna happen.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

^ Eh, I don't know. I've rewatched plenty of times and probably still with the first 4 seasons which were masterclass. It's the second half of the series that got muddled.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

HBO cancelling one GoT prequel series.

Quote:
The untitled Game of Thrones prequel from Jane Goldman is not moving forward at HBO.

Said to focus on the "Age of Heroes" and the first ever battle between man and White Walker, Goldman's prequel — which had filmed a pilot over the summer — will not be advancing to series, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Quote:
The news comes shortly after word of HBO nearing a deal to produce a second pilot based in the world of Game of Thrones, from the minds of author George R.R. Martin and Ryan J. Condal. The series is said to focus on the reign of Targaryen kings in the lead-up to the events of Game of Thrones, aligning the vision of the project much more closely to the days of Jon Snow (Kit Harington) and Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) than the now scrapped Naomi Watts-starring prequel — though still quite a bit earlier than the events of the Emmy-winning HBO series, which wrapped its final season this spring.

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
How to make something good into something terrible:

Quote:
"Dan wanted to remove as many fantasy elements as possible bc “we didn’t just want to appeal to that type of fan.” They wanted to expand the fan base to people beyond the fantasy fan base to 'mothers, NFL players..."

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a29608442/benioff-weiss-game-of-thrones-showrunners-writers-panel-austin-film-festival/

This angers me more than it should.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
HBO has ordered a Game of Thrones spinoff, House of the Dragon, straight to series.

The new prequel is written by Ryan Condal (Colony), with George R.R. Martin set to co-executive produce. The project is based on Martin’s 2019 book Fire and Blood, and is a history of House Targaryen (the ancestors of Daenerys) as they fight through a civil war. The 10-episode project is set 300 years before the events of Game of Thrones.

HBO executive Casey Bloys made the announcement at an event for HBO Max, AT&T’s streaming service coming May 2020. The news comes just hours after news broke that HBO canceled a previously announced Game of Thrones spinoff series.

It appears part of the reason HBO pushed forward with House of the Dragon is because the “established history penned by Martin to serve as a backbone for the story,” according to Entertainment Weekly. The other pilot only had some “vague references to build on.” The goal is to eventually have the events of the new series lead up to The Dance of the Dragons. It’s a major moment in the Seven Kingdoms history, leading to an all out civil war between two rival faction of House Targaryen.

It’s unclear when House of the Dragon is expected to air.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

The book Fire and Blood is incredibly interesting even though it's written as a history book rather than a novel. This show could be just as good as GoT, maybe better if GRRM is involved.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247
Page 247 of 247
Jump to: