View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Pow Gasol wrote:
Free_Kobe wrote:
Why do all the Dothrakis look like Dave Navarro?!?

I can't help but think of that when I watch now. lol

Lol same here.

I read up on IMDB that the head Dothraki guy is going to be Conan.

Yup and the funny thing is Arnold fans are saying he is too small to be Conan.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Pow Gasol wrote:
Free_Kobe wrote:
Why do all the Dothrakis look like Dave Navarro?!?

I can't help but think of that when I watch now. lol

Lol same here.

I read up on IMDB that the head Dothraki guy is going to be Conan.

Yup and the funny thing is Arnold fans are saying he is too small to be Conan.

He looks really tall. He might not have the huge, roided, circus freak look that Arnold did but he's definitely not too small imo. Lot more athletic looking too.
lalakeshow88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Having not read the books, this show is terrible. All of the characters are unlikable except for "Boromir" and the dwarf. The kids are all spoiled brats, and the story moves incredibly slow. Its like a soap opera set in a fantasy realm. I'm sure if i read the books i'd like it much better, but as a stand alone series, meh. Like a poor man's lord of the rings.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject:

Another solid episode last night. Can't wait for the rest of the tournament!
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Another solid episode last night. Can't wait for the rest of the tournament!

Looks like next week, stuff is gonna hit the fan bet. the Lannisters and Starks.

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Yeah. Jaime Lannister definitely looks like he founded the world's first frat. Oozes pomposity.

Everytime I see the guy strutting around in his fancy armor, he reminds me of Prince Charming from Shrek.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Anyone have a link for a stream of last night's episode? haven't been able to fine one yet.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
Anyone have a link for a stream of last night's episode? haven't been able to fine one yet.

http://www.icefilms.info/index is what an Australian buddy of mine has been using since he can't get it legit.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:

http://www.icefilms.info/index is what an Australian buddy of mine has been using since he can't get it legit.

Thanks! The ending was crazy. Can't wait for next week's episode. Things are really getting good.
OmegaPirate
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Loving this show.
Ghost (Jon Snow's albino direwolf) makes his first appearance in a while. Scared the crap out of Rast.

Daenerys finally lowers the boom on her brother. "The next time you raise a hand to me will be the last time you have hands." Big progression from the beginning where she was just a scared girl.

Bran finally dreams about the 3 eyed crow. Nice for Tyrion to make those schematics that will allow him to ride a horse.

Arya owns every scene she's in. "That's not me".

Interesting how Ser Hugh of the Vale takes a lance through the throat right before Ned gets a chance to ask him questions.

First appearance for Gendry (the apprentice blacksmith who is King Robert's bastard).

Tourney next week. PETA will be unhappy with The Mountain (Gregor Clegane). Liked that they had littlefinger telling the story about how Gregor burned the Hound's face off when they were kids. Quite a family.

Tyrion is in deep trouble as shown in the final scene.

The first 4 episodes haven't moved slowly at all (I've enjoyed them very much) but it really starts going fast from here on.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject:

I finished the first book but then never went beyond it. But seeing the characters come to life it has me itching to pick up the second book to see where it goes.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject:

Awesome episode last night... they added that scene with Viserys and the girl from the pleasure house...

The first 400 pages of each book are a bit slow... all to set up the last 500 pages which will fly by. I expect the rest of this season to be very similar.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject:

I'm 2/3 of the way through the first book. I didn't go to bed until 3AM plowing through it.

Unbelievable how I've missed this series. I've read Sword of Truth, Shannara, Wheel of Time and literally hundreds upon hundreds combines books from the Dragonlance/Forgotten Realms and additional works from the big names of the TSR mythos yet somehow I missed this?!

Highly recommended even as we're going through the series. It really fleshes out the world. The subtle changes to the series don't impact it at all imo.

@ Mikedee - At least for myself, the book flew by for me from the start. Definitely more of a page-turner than SoT or WoT.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Yea WoT in the middle books is the definition of slow (and could have used a much better editor) but the last few books just fly now. Sanderson is my favorite new author. Can't wait to see where the Stormlight Archive books go...
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Just got the books about 4 days ago and about 300 pages into book 1. The TV show is so awesome and so far the book has been about 2X better.

Loving it all the way around.
sonn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Tonight's episode was amazing for the most part. When those guards and that recruiter thought Arya was a boy was hilarious.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject:

So are dragons real in this world or are they just myth upon which their culture is based? Was that supposed to be a real dragon's head in the dungeon and can we expect to see one in the future?

Really great scene with Mark Addy and Lena Headley in tonight's episode. It added a lot of depth to the Cersei character.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Just powered through the first book. The series adaptation made some changes but personally they were great.

I have to say, seeing the show first and seeing the characters (who are absurdly good actors and perfectly cast) makes for a wonderful read. I have their faces in my mind with every word. Golden.

On a side note, Sean Bean, AKA Bormir AKA Eddard (Ned) Stark should have a lifetime provision to star as EVERY early 40s year old fantasy/medieval honorable hero. Doesn't matter the movie. Just rename the character and have him in it and call it a day.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Sun May 15, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
So are dragons real in this world or are they just myth upon which their culture is based? Was that supposed to be a real dragon's head in the dungeon and can we expect to see one in the future?

Really great scene with Mark Addy and Lena Headley in tonight's episode. It added a lot of depth to the Cersei character.

An answer to all of that would be a spoiler. If you want to know, pm me. I don't suggest it though. Stay the course with either the book or watch the series.

Without giving away more than what was conveyed by the book up this point, dragons did exist at one time and was the primary reason the Targaryens were able to come from Valeria and conquer all of Westeros (the continent where the the main conflict occurs).
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
On a side note, Sean Bean, AKA Bormir AKA Eddard (Ned) Stark should have a lifetime provision to star as EVERY early 40s year old fantasy/medieval honorable hero. Doesn't matter the movie. Just rename the character and have him in it and call it a day.

csf80
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject:

really hoping ned stark curb stomps jaime lannister.
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject:

Damn, this show is quickly moving up my favorite show list. We are only halfway through and I'm already dreading the break.

Quote:

I hope this series jumpstarts Sean Bean's acting career in movies.

Quote:

Yup, as well as showing the King's depth as well, and why he plays the fat fool on the exterior.

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject:

Pow Gasol wrote:
Damn, this show is quickly moving up my favorite show list. We are only halfway through and I'm already dreading the break.

Quote:

Quote:

Yup, as well as showing the King's depth as well, and why he plays the fat fool on the exterior.

He's actually in a ton of movies. Never the headliner though.
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Pow Gasol wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

He's actually in a ton of movies. Never the headliner though.

i probably should have wrote re-ignites his movie career. i think he deserves a shot at being the main star.
looks like that may happen, he's been busy. from imdb

Pan (pre-production)

2011 The Magnificent Eleven (pre-production)

2012 Silent Hill: Revelation 3D (filming)
Harry Mason / Chris De Silva

2011 Cleanskin (post-production)
Ewan

2011 Age of Heroes (completed)
Jones

2011 Soldiers of Fortune (completed)
Dimidov

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Ok the breastfeeding scene with the Queen of the veil was just plain creepy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 4 of 247
Jump to: