Official Game of Thrones Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 245, 246, 247  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
So when will Dany get to Westeros? Will we have to wait 1 more year or 2?

The Sons of the Harpies burned all her ships. Euron Greyjoy's idea was to use their fleet to help her get her army to Westeros. Either that or Yara and Theon will use their ships and get to her first.

Can you imagine all the eunuch jokes Tyrion would have with Varys and Theon available?
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
So when will Dany get to Westeros? Will we have to wait 1 more year or 2?

The Sons of the Harpies burned all her ships. Euron Greyjoy's idea was to use their fleet to help her get her army to Westeros. Either that or Yara and Theon will use their ships and get to her first.

Can you imagine all the eunuch jokes Tyrion would have with Varys and Theon available?

I think that's what Yara and Theon are planning to do when they took off with all the best ships. They are going to beat their uncle to the punch and create an alliance with Dany.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject:

rockyp wrote:
Theory: Aerys II Targaryen turned into The Mad King because Bran traveled back in time and warged him

Not so much warged him, but tried to talk to him and all Aerys heard were voices in his head which eventually made him mad.
#Avatar-gate
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
rockyp wrote:
Theory: Aerys II Targaryen turned into The Mad King because Bran traveled back in time and warged him

Not so much warged him, but tried to talk to him and all Aerys heard were voices in his head which eventually made him mad.

this theory has picked up a lot of steam ever since the tower of joy episode.

We shall see, i'm intrigued as to how many things that have already happened have been affected by bran.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
rockyp wrote:

Hmmm...weren't the voices telling Aerys to "Burn them all."? I wonder where that came from? I think the Red Witch who met with Tyrion and Varys said something like that about burning all non-believers.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
rockyp wrote:

Hmmm...weren't the voices telling Aerys to "Burn them all."? I wonder where that came from? I think the Red Witch who met with Tyrion and Varys said something like that about burning all non-believers.

IIRC, he was going "crazy" because he heard voices.

"Burn them all" is what the king uttered. Specifically, jamie told Ned this.. i think it was something like.. "do you know what the mad kings last words were as i killed em?"... "Burn them all"

someone correct me if im wrong please!
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
rockyp wrote:

IIRC, he was going "crazy" because he heard voices.

"Burn them all" is what the king uttered. Specifically, jamie told Ned this.. i think it was something like.. "do you know what the mad kings last words were as i killed em?"... "Burn them all"

someone correct me if im wrong please!

I believe you are correct.

Also I believe "Burn them all" could be in reference to the White Walkers.
#Avatar-gate
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject:

After months of pressure from pretty much everyone I know, I finally decided to watch and finish the first episode of this show everyone seems to like. About a year ago, I attempted to watch it and fell asleep. But I must say, it wasn't too bad. I don't expect it to be as great as Breaking Bad, for instance, but if they can make it entertaining, I'll stick around.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
After months of pressure from pretty much everyone I know, I finally decided to watch and finish the first episode of this show everyone seems to like. About a year ago, I attempted to watch it and fell asleep. But I must say, it wasn't too bad. I don't expect it to be as great as Breaking Bad, for instance, but if they can make it entertaining, I'll stick around.

Welcome aboard. That Breaking Bad comparison is tough because the shows are so completely different and because of the Song of Ice and Fire books exist. However, it's easy to conclude that both shows are tremendous. Hopefully you haven't internalized any spoilers for Thrones.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Better late than never! The positive, you can binge your heart away

BB and GoT are "A+" shows, just different genres. I didn't start watching GoT until the 3rd season and it's been amazing.

BB I didn't watch until season 3 or 4 and binged like crazy
#Avatar-gate
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

There's alot of characters and locations in the story, and it can get a little confusing.
So just so you know, this is the hero of the story.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Wilt wrote:

There's alot of characters and locations in the story, and it can get a little confusing.

It would be pretty fitting if his death scene is Ghost chewing his face off.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Wilt wrote:

come and see
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

IIRC the 2nd and 3rd episode are kind of awful, but stick around till episode 8ish, gets super intense there.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Wilt wrote:

come and see

dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject:

We don't know that Hodor's dead, we just know that he's scratched up good.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

This was my exact sentiment a year ago. I mean frign exact! Breaking Bad was my measuring stick as well. It was like being dumped by the perfect woman. You'll never find anything as good. However, as Christopher C pointed out, you'll find that they're just different. Not necessarily better or worse. Just different.

I watched the first episode and went on a 5 day binge though. You're going to get lost with all the characters at first. If you're not already. This helped me out tremendously while I was getting started. I recommend you stick with it bud. You wont regret it.

You're going to love Joffrey.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject:

I have seen both shows and Game of Thrones is better to me. Season 1 of Breaking Bad was kinda weak imo.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:

I'm sure he'll be a nice addition to the army of the dead.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
dood23 wrote:

I'm sure he'll be a nice addition to the army of the dead.

He's now known as Kithem
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
Wilt wrote:

This was my exact sentiment a year ago. I mean frign exact! Breaking Bad was my measuring stick as well. It was like being dumped by the perfect woman. You'll never find anything as good. However, as Christopher C pointed out, you'll find that they're just different. Not necessarily better or worse. Just different.

I watched the first episode and went on a 5 day binge though. You're going to get lost with all the characters at first. If you're not already. This helped me out tremendously while I was getting started. I recommend you stick with it bud. You wont regret it.

You're going to love Joffrey.

Eh, after the Wire, BB was like, "nice, but overhyped "
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
BB was like, "nice, but overhyped"

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Protip: Watch with captions.

This was the biggest obstacle to getting me into the show, I couldn't understand them and the names sounded too similar.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject:

^^ As a book reader, I've watched this series with my sister and her husband. We basically end the viewing by me going over the details etc. I can only imagine how overwhelming the gajillion names might be. Captions is a great idea!
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject:

1.) Sopranos / The Wire
2.) etc
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 139 of 247
Jump to: