Official Game of Thrones Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 209, 210, 211 ... 245, 246, 247  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Episode 2 was really just a filler episode, pretty much uneeded, when there are only six (?) total for the season..

My guess is something like this will happen: most of the army will have been slaughtered by the undead and the remaining stars will be holed up in the castle and just when they break through and it looks like all hope is lost - the Night King Leader gets killed and the army reverts back to dust. I also see two dragons dying, one more good one and the Night version dragon, probably will kill each other!

Then they will have to recoup and march on Kings Landing to a well rested army and with one dragon left, it should be enough to defeat Cersie, who is killed by Jamie, then Jon and Blondie rule the seven Kingdoms...

Happily ever after...

Last edited by unleasHell on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Some (bleep) spoiled episode 2 just now for me on Twitter. I didn’t know the episode got leaked earlier

Come on, here I'll spoil Ep. 3 for ya: there is a BIG Battle and thousands die...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
should be enough to defeat Cersie, who is killed by Jamie

Why Jamie and not Tyrion?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Finally a good character work episode.

yeah
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:01 am    Post subject:

Seems like tension will rise between Jon and Dany. I can see Dany will lose close ones like Mormont, Greyworm etc and Varys will manipulate her like how he did with Mad King. Golden Company will also switch sides and join to Jon when they hear he is Rhaegar's son.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:34 am    Post subject:

So on episode 1 Yara marches to take back the Iron Islands as safe haven from the undead in case Dany and the others need a retreat spot.

Then on ep2 Theon informs everyone of that.

This info is not getting screen time twice for nothing, I'd say it's a pretty sure bet they'll get crushed and end up there by the end of episode 3, maybe everyone flying off on the dragons? Or just Dany + Jon + whoever?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
So on episode 1 Yara marches to take back the Iron Islands as safe haven from the undead in case Dany and the others need a retreat spot.

This info is not getting screen time twice for nothing, I'd say it's a pretty sure bet they'll get crushed and end up there by the end of episode 3, maybe everyone flying off on the dragons? Or just Dany + Jon + whoever?

FWIW the 2nd trailer/teaser shows Jon and Dany back at Dragonstone.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
Sansa ‘the north won’t kneel’

What a great scene.

They’re setting up all sorts of conflict nicely, claim to the iron throne, Cersei still there, Khalese, now Jon Snow and the Baratheon bastard
Then there’s the free winterfell

Good stuff
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:

What a great scene.

They’re setting up all sorts of conflict nicely, claim to the iron throne, Cersei still there, Khalese, now Jon Snow and the Baratheon bastard

Good stuff

Like Jaime facing down the people he wronged at the start of last night's episode, I think the claim to the iron throne sub-plot will amount to little. I think the scene with Brienne's knighting and Danerys pointing out the obvious problem with male line of succession after Jon's reveal are the writers reminding us how traditional gender roles are one of spokes on the wheel that will be broken.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

My goodness, that was a top five episode in the series. I don't know how people are complaining about it being slow or boring? Do you not care about the characters at all?

So many nods/easter eggs for book readers too. Brienne, descendant of Ser Duncan the Tall, becoming a knight of the seven kingdoms. tears were shed.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

Just saw this on Reddit:

Quote:
Number of times people mentioned how safe the crypts are: 6

Guys I don't think the crypts are that safe

This is a pretty good point, seems that theory about dead rising from the crypts might be true after all. Slaughter at the crypts? Tyrion gone?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:

What a great scene.

Good stuff

Like Jaime facing down the people he wronged at the start of last night's episode, I think the claim to the iron throne sub-plot will amount to little. I think the scene with Brienne's knighting and Danerys pointing out the obvious problem with male line of succession after Jon's reveal are the writers reminding us how traditional gender roles are one of spokes on the wheel that will be broken.

Yeah, they’ve been consistently portraying strong female characters from early on.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
Just saw this on Reddit:

Quote:
Number of times people mentioned how safe the crypts are: 6

Guys I don't think the crypts are that safe

This is a pretty good point, seems that theory about dead rising from the crypts might be true after all. Slaughter at the crypts? Tyrion gone?

Someone also pointed out that Bran being certain that the Night King is coming for him probably means he is wrong.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

Did anyone find it weird they didn't show the Night King at the end?

Maybe he's going somewhere else? King's Landing?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

It'd be hard to show him with everyone else since he's on the dragon. I assume he comes later or he is headed elsewhere. The trailer shows him so I'm guessing we see him at Winterfell if only very briefly.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

I would be very surprised if King's landing is left untouched by this whole thing. It wouldn't make sense to just let them wait it out from a plot perspective. The fan theory I heard last night was that the night king is riding the dragon down to King's landing to "make" some more recruits and then attack winterfell from both the north and the south.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

Be cautious reading online

Last night I thought I read a couple episodes we're leaked not just an early ep02
I may have read that wrong because I was in a hurry
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

Can you send me a link to read on spoilers? Might miss the next few episodes
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

Bears repeating but holy cow is Dany as a character even more of a one note drone. Just awful...it's perplexing why she's so popular.

Literally EVERY SINGLE character has gone through massive personal growth. Jamie's story arc for example is easily one of the most well written character's we've had on screen (or in books for those of you that actually read 'em). Juxtapose that to how one dimensional Dany is and I'm scratching my head how they bothcame from the same writer. On a table full of exquisite ethnic cuisine full of exotic flavors, you have a pile of your mom's (bleep) mac and cheese and meathloaf on a paper plate. Sticks out like a sore thumb.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Bears repeating but holy cow is Dany as a character even more of a one note drone. Just awful...it's perplexing why she's so popular.

Literally EVERY SINGLE character has gone through massive personal growth. Jamie's story arc for example is easily one of the most well written character's we've had on screen (or in books for those of you that actually read 'em). Juxtapose that to how one dimensional Dany is and I'm scratching my head how they bothcame from the same writer. On a table full of exquisite ethnic cuisine full of exotic flavors, you have a pile of your mom's (bleep) mac and cheese and meathloaf on a paper plate. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

To be fair, she's a much more interesting character in the books. I think part of it is due to Emilia's portrayal, although I've got to give credit to her facial acting in the scene when Jon reveals the truth to her; that was great.

In the books, much like Jon, we see someone who is less sure of their decisions and deals with her fallibility yet still tries to fulfill what she believes is her duty.

There was a fantastic piece written about her arc by one of my favorite ASOIAF scholars. Here are a few excerpts, but if you're interested in the character, the series or literature in general I recommend giving it a read. Link: CLICK

Quote:
ASOIAF shows that Dany’s two desires of queenship and companionship run counter and cannot coexist—at least, not easily. Along with the isolating effect of power, a home built on companionship and belonging necessitates trust. The story repeatedly shows how trusting the wrong people can lead to both the loss of power and the loss of one’s life.

Quote:
A smaller character would have either merely bought the Unsullied or abandoned them. We see these two lesser roads in Jorah and Barristan. Jorah initially advises her to fill out her ranks by purchasing some Unsullied. Barristan publicly questions Daenerys in front of the Masters of Astapor, telling her that buying and using slaves is immoral. One choice is complicit in the system and immoral, the other permits its continuation while preserving individual purity. But neither rises to the level of revolutionary change.

The moment that moves Daenerys most, that convinces her “I will have them all, no matter the price,” is the story of the Unsullied’s training and suffering.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I would be very surprised if King's landing is left untouched by this whole thing. It wouldn't make sense to just let them wait it out from a plot perspective. The fan theory I heard last night was that the night king is riding the dragon down to King's landing to "make" some more recruits and then attack winterfell from both the north and the south.

A white walking even colder Cersei... oh my

And a White Mountain!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

I found it strange....seemed like the type of scene that would show him
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

FWIW the 2nd trailer/teaser shows Jon and Dany back at Dragonstone.

have no idea if there is any truth to the claim, but I read before the season that some promo's/trailers included scenes that were not actually in the show, but used to keep people from reaching accurate conclusions.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

I found it strange....seemed like the type of scene that would show him

Saving the CGI budget for next episode. Why show him on the dragon when we wont see him doing anything til episode 3.
Also, he probably will show up later in the battle. Remember in Hardhome he watched to see how well his army did. Then he sent in a WW. Then they all came down afterwards.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

A white walking even colder Cersei... oh my

And a White Mountain!

If you made Cersei colder and devoid of any humanity, wouldn't you just have Danaeyris?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 209, 210, 211 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 210 of 247
Jump to: