Kendrick Perkins comments about Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Feb 2009
Posts: 2854

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject:

mrslam wrote:
SlickVic wrote:
What page is this on? My roommate gets ESPN the Mag and I don't see anything on this in the latest issue.


Its on the March 21st edition.

Page 34. "Compatability test"


Ah that explains it. Had the March 7 one, thought that was the newest one. My bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ilapupyourtears
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 10 Mar 2011
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject:

superboy wrote:


I find it funny that you are never pleasant about Kobe related things, but for an ex-Celtic who was largely hated by most Laker fans, you seem to be pretty friendly.

But you can continue to pretend like you don't hate Kobe.


Superboy,

You really have no room to talk, seeing as you are a dirty welch. But then again, obviously your lack of scruples and borderline dementia prevent you from recognizing this fact. So... carry on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Kendrick Perkins comments about Lakers

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
mrslam wrote:
I got the March edition of ESPN the Mag, and theres a compatability test article in there on Durant and Perk.

Question was.

Lakers: Team to beat or old news?

Durant: "They're the reigning champions and still playing like it"

Perkins: "Yesterdays news. I dont like Pau Gasol or Phil Jackson. Phill is arrogant. Pau is soft. Kobe tries to bring out his toughness, but hes still soft"

I want to see the Lakers eliminate the thunder now. Just to see Perkins fat @ss walk off the court again.


Did Perkins happen to mention Drew in this article? And how the Celtics never could beat the Lakers when the Lakers had their full lineup?


Perk's papers on Drew ended this season... He will never mention Socks in a disrespectful manner again if he ever did... He does scare Gasol though... He didn't lie about that... Pau would rather eat monkey vomit than be sandwiched in between Garnett and Perkins... It's just to rough in there for him...
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Sep 2003
Posts: 36822

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Kendrick Perkins comments about Lakers

mrslam wrote:
I got the March edition of ESPN the Mag, and theres a compatability test article in there on Durant and Perk.

Question was.

Lakers: Team to beat or old news?

Durant: "They're the reigning champions and still playing like it"

Perkins: "Yesterdays news. I dont like Pau Gasol or Phil Jackson. Phill is arrogant. Pau is soft. Kobe tries to bring out his toughness, but hes still soft"

I want to see the Lakers eliminate the thunder now. Just to see Perkins fat @ss walk off the court again.
pau is so soft. you have to grab push and hold him in order to slow him down.

once again proves my point. you cant call a guy soft when he's busting your ..... so the only recourse you have is to do something thats illegal which is HACK the guy and pray for no calls.
_________________
LAL4K3RS wrote: He(Kobe) is the white haired kung fu master that you realize is older than dirt but can still kick your arse when in a sitting position drinking a nice herbal tea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Sep 2003
Posts: 36822

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Kendrick Perkins comments about Lakers

THE_SHOES wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
mrslam wrote:
I got the March edition of ESPN the Mag, and theres a compatability test article in there on Durant and Perk.

Question was.

Lakers: Team to beat or old news?

Durant: "They're the reigning champions and still playing like it"

Perkins: "Yesterdays news. I dont like Pau Gasol or Phil Jackson. Phill is arrogant. Pau is soft. Kobe tries to bring out his toughness, but hes still soft"

I want to see the Lakers eliminate the thunder now. Just to see Perkins fat @ss walk off the court again.


Did Perkins happen to mention Drew in this article? And how the Celtics never could beat the Lakers when the Lakers had their full lineup?


Perk's papers on Drew ended this season... He will never mention Socks in a disrespectful manner again if he ever did... He does scare Gasol though... He didn't lie about that... Pau would rather eat monkey vomit than be sandwiched in between Garnett and Perkins... It's just to rough in there for him...
he doesnt SCARE gasol. his physical play=I cant guard you so i have to resort to hacking) with no calls is what scares gasol. the refs not giving him his due obvious fouls. is what scares gasol. just like it scares me.
_________________
LAL4K3RS wrote: He(Kobe) is the white haired kung fu master that you realize is older than dirt but can still kick your arse when in a sitting position drinking a nice herbal tea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 41629

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject:

If I were Pau I'd send Perkins a check that covered his dry cleaning bill for when he had to get all that purple and gold confetti out of his suit jacket.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Sep 2003
Posts: 36822

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject:

link wrote:
We can only hope Perkins' comment ticks Pau off enough to do something about it in the playoffs. Also, I think he's just saying what most NBA players think of Pau.
most nba players dont believe gasol is actually SOFT. they think he doesn't like excess physical play(hacking with no calls). ask yourself who does? as big as bron is, let the refs not give him his Ft's when he goes into running back mode and watch him whine like a newborn baby, same for wade, same for the celtics entire team.

a soft guy is KG. just because he yells. doesn't make him tough. the guy is 7 feet and refuses to go downlow in the low post EVER. bosh is soft. the guy is 6'11 and refuses to go downlow in the low post. you know why these guys wont go down there? because they dont want to have to bang. not get hacked, just regular bigman banging. gasol is just as thin as those guys. and he still puts his skinny but down there. so who's really soft??
_________________
LAL4K3RS wrote: He(Kobe) is the white haired kung fu master that you realize is older than dirt but can still kick your arse when in a sitting position drinking a nice herbal tea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Kendrick Perkins comments about Lakers

postandpivot wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
mrslam wrote:
I got the March edition of ESPN the Mag, and theres a compatability test article in there on Durant and Perk.

Question was.

Lakers: Team to beat or old news?

Durant: "They're the reigning champions and still playing like it"

Perkins: "Yesterdays news. I dont like Pau Gasol or Phil Jackson. Phill is arrogant. Pau is soft. Kobe tries to bring out his toughness, but hes still soft"

I want to see the Lakers eliminate the thunder now. Just to see Perkins fat @ss walk off the court again.


Did Perkins happen to mention Drew in this article? And how the Celtics never could beat the Lakers when the Lakers had their full lineup?


Perk's papers on Drew ended this season... He will never mention Socks in a disrespectful manner again if he ever did... He does scare Gasol though... He didn't lie about that... Pau would rather eat monkey vomit than be sandwiched in between Garnett and Perkins... It's just to rough in there for him...
he doesnt SCARE gasol. his physical play=I cant guard you so i have to resort to hacking) with no calls is what scares gasol. the refs not giving him his due obvious fouls. is what scares gasol. just like it scares me.


But you know what P&P Perk knows he can do that to Pau and he won't retaliate in any fashion. This is something I wish Gasol would stop putting up with. If he would just get a "little Lambierish" and lay one of them phantom elbows that even the refs missed, with us watching Perk getting up off the floor with Gasol sporting that famous Lambier look of "what did I do?"

OOOOOOOhhhhhhh would I be proud of him!!!! I ain't lyin! Just once Pau, get into somebody with just a touch of meanness..
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2001
Posts: 9191

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject:

revgen wrote:
I like Kendrick's answer. At least he's honest.


Agreed. Perkins isn't wrong. He knows not to talk about Bynum though.

Quote:
SLAM: THEY SAY BYNUM GIVES YOU A HARDER TIME THAN HOWARD. ANY TRUTH TO THAT?

KP: Yeah, Bynum do.

SLAM: IS IT BECAUSE OF HIS LENGTH?

KP: Itís not even that. I think heís got a better touch, better post moves and stuff like that. Yeah, he can play

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/05/did-he-really-j
ust-say-that/



More fuel for LA's fire. Doesn't bother me one bit. Only thing this does is make Pau play harder vs OKC. Win-win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 5915
Location: Formerly Pow Gasol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject:

Phil is in Kendrick's head.
_________________
"Kobe Bryant is the best player in the world and is basically unstoppable when his game is on" - Barack Obama
"What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection" - Kobe Bryant

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Sep 2003
Posts: 36822

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Kendrick Perkins comments about Lakers

THE_SHOES wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
mrslam wrote:
I got the March edition of ESPN the Mag, and theres a compatability test article in there on Durant and Perk.

Question was.

Lakers: Team to beat or old news?

Durant: "They're the reigning champions and still playing like it"

Perkins: "Yesterdays news. I dont like Pau Gasol or Phil Jackson. Phill is arrogant. Pau is soft. Kobe tries to bring out his toughness, but hes still soft"

I want to see the Lakers eliminate the thunder now. Just to see Perkins fat @ss walk off the court again.


Did Perkins happen to mention Drew in this article? And how the Celtics never could beat the Lakers when the Lakers had their full lineup?


Perk's papers on Drew ended this season... He will never mention Socks in a disrespectful manner again if he ever did... He does scare Gasol though... He didn't lie about that... Pau would rather eat monkey vomit than be sandwiched in between Garnett and Perkins... It's just to rough in there for him...
he doesnt SCARE gasol. his physical play=I cant guard you so i have to resort to hacking) with no calls is what scares gasol. the refs not giving him his due obvious fouls. is what scares gasol. just like it scares me.


But you know what P&P Perk knows he can do that to Pau and he won't retaliate in any fashion. This is something I wish Gasol would stop putting up with. If he would just get a "little Lambierish" and lay one of them phantom elbows that even the refs missed, with us watching Perk getting up off the floor with Gasol sporting that famous Lambier look of "what did I do?"

OOOOOOOhhhhhhh would I be proud of him!!!! I ain't lyin! Just once Pau, get into somebody with just a touch of meanness..
gasol retaliates = an OH NO moment for the nba. notice the lakers cant PUNK anyone. its not allowed. when we do. they cry like little girls in pre-school.

remember the way we punked utah on their own court and denver a few years ago in the playoffs. they cried like little children. shoot when we punked the c's in one of those games everyone from the mayor , to the owner to Doc rivers and players were crying about calls. i'm like really. and they got them the next game after crying.

the lakers are the nice guys of the league. the classy organization that wins off of skill vs illegal tactics. it has always been this way.
_________________
LAL4K3RS wrote: He(Kobe) is the white haired kung fu master that you realize is older than dirt but can still kick your arse when in a sitting position drinking a nice herbal tea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 29556
Location: Taiwan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject:

Yeah... I can't argue that... I just wan't Perk to feel some brutality, so he can stop talking (bleep)...
_________________
"According to ESPN.com's conference projections, the Lakers will finish 12th in the West, which prompted Bryant to tweet earlier this offseason, "12th I see.."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 4461

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
Of course he thinks Pau is soft. He probably thinks all white players are soft. He came from a small town in Texas (95% white and less than 1% black) where he probably still be stuck in if not for basketball.
Certainly a white guy from Barcelona who listens to classical music, went to medical school, counts Placido Domingo among his friends, must be soft.


What city was that? KP grew up in Beaumont, TX. I grew up very close to there and my mom and some siblings still live there. I'm pretty certain it's more than 1% black. How many times have our own fans called Pau soft? But now that KP says it, it's because Pau's a white Euro? Pau IS soft. That being said, Pau is way better than KP so if he did say that, it probably wasn't too smart.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cbear
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 2879

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject:

I think Kobe paid Perk to make those comments about Pau.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mirak
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5084

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject:

cbear wrote:
I think Kobe paid Perk to make those comments about Pau.


It's like a gift, isn't it? Just as we head into the stretch run...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 39725
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Pow Gasol wrote:
Phil is in Kendrick's head.


Plenty of room for him up there, that's for sure.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
Heís something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built thatís all for show goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Apr 2001
Posts: 7459

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Hey,

If I say Pau is soft, I'm right. If someone like Kendrick Perkins says it, makes him a d-bag.

Why?

Because that's how life works.
_________________
SoCal88 roots for The Los Angeles Lakers, the Los Angeles Dodgers, the Los Angeles Kings, USC Football, the Pittsburgh Steelers and NOW the Los Angeles Rams!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 39725
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject:

SoCal88 wrote:
If someone like Kendrick Perkins says it, makes him a d-bag.


No it doesn't make him a d-bag for saying it . . .


He's just a d-bag who happened to say it.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
Heís something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built thatís all for show goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobe 3.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 189

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
cbear wrote:
I think Kobe paid Perk to make those comments about Pau.


It's like a gift, isn't it? Just as we head into the stretch run...


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cbear
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 2879

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
cbear wrote:
I think Kobe paid Perk to make those comments about Pau.


It's like a gift, isn't it? Just as we head into the stretch run...


If only all our opponents were so "foot in mouth" prone.....

Too bad he didn't say something about Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Rigged4fun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Nov 2005
Posts: 756
Location: Northridge, CA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Kendrick Perkins is one of the dirtiest players in the NBA. Ever notice how he hooks players when he sets a pick? I'm glad he said what he said, only gives the Lakers more incentive. His basketball IQ multiplied by his own IQ equals pie......a la mode.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
dmblakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 1589
Location: Take my talents to south beach

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject:

I love how humble and respectful durant is but Perkins, I can't stand the guy. The way he has that pissed off face the entire game and still talks crap. I hope we see them in the playoffs and sweep them only because of that douche.
_________________
"Nothing means more to me than helping my team win."

Derek
Fisher
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
soltini
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 753

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Perkins always has that look like he just smelt some sh1take>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jsi106
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Posts: 343

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject:

i wonder what perkin thinks about his ex-celtic teammate who rides wheelchair
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2002
Posts: 8911
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Perkins is stupid. He is just motivating his opponent.

Ever notice that it is usually the losers who pull this crap??

Losers or Artest!!

He got the golden ticket.

But really, you will NEVER hear Kobe denigrate his opposition, especially with the playoffs around the corner.

Perkins is just plain dumb and oafish. If I was one of his new team mates, I would pull him aside and tell him to put a sock in it.
_________________
I support Magic and Rob!!

Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain

And Vecsey is the most stupid of them all!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB