Magic Johnson "Lakers should think about calling the Orlando Magic"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ode to Triple Ocho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject:

blocks wrote:

On topic...It is interesting that the tweet was deleted.

No, it isn't interesting. Just like this thread.

Last edited by Ode to Triple Ocho on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
salami
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject:

what exactly was the problem with Magic's tweet?

did he expose a secret thats going to ruin the chances of getting Dwight?

or invoke some kind of jinx?

or violate a gag order he wasnt aware of?

explain what has your panties in a bunch please... because from the outside it does not seem logical

For the record, Magic has paid his dues and gets a triple double lifetime pass to do or say whatever he wants. and even if he wasnt a contender for greatest Laker of all-time and just some regular schumck from some random forum tweeting, who would even give a damn then?

If I didnt know better, this thread would embarrass me as a Laker Fan.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject:

Magic's previous comments about the Lakers were annoying, this one not very... it almost sounds like a plea... maybe he knows what's up within the organization.

anytime you hear Bynum is preferred over Howard is a cause for concern.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject:

Quote:

I have never read or heard any Laker official or coach allude to this. It would be Bynum fans who say that, and as a Bynum fan myself I won't say they are that far apart when Bynum is healthy.

But since Drew is unhealthy half the time the games are going on, it's not even close, Howard >>>> Bynum. I'm sure LA's front office believes the same. A 100% healthy Bynum is arguably one of the top 5 bigs in the game and right there with Howard. The problem is we get that Bynum no more than 25-30 games a year. No way LA's front office especially Mitch ignores the injuries. Howard >>>>> Bynum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ode to Triple Ocho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Magic's previous comments about the Lakers were annoying, this one not very... it almost sounds like a plea... maybe he knows what's up within the organization.

It's basically a throwaway tweet. Every team in the league is going to be calling Orlando.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

I have never read or heard any Laker official or coach allude to this. It would be Bynum fans who say that, and as a Bynum fan myself I won't say they are that far apart when Bynum is healthy.

But since Drew is unhealthy half the time the games are going on, it's not even close, Howard >>>> Bynum. I'm sure LA's front office believes the same.

I've not heard it from Lakers FO either, but read something to that effect (can't remember where), read how Bynum is Jim's discovery why AB is "untouchable"... just rumors.

well, we can only hope you are right wolf (about how Laker FO see Howard compared to Bynum)... anyways, I don't actually expect Jim Buss to say in the press that he prefers Howard over Bynum (that will show poor PR skills, and imagine the effect to Bynum's psyche)... I'm just reacting to rumors here, also acquiring Howard may not be even possible, rendering the issue moot.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject:

Ode to Triple Ocho wrote:
Drifts wrote:

It's basically a throwaway tweet. Every team in the league is going to be calling Orlando.

good point. and acquiring Howard may not be even possible.
solarbeat
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject:

salami wrote:
what exactly was the problem with Magic's tweet?

did he expose a secret thats going to ruin the chances of getting Dwight?

or invoke some kind of jinx?

or violate a gag order he wasnt aware of?

explain what has your panties in a bunch please... because from the outside it does not seem logical

For the record, Magic has paid his dues and gets a triple double lifetime pass to do or say whatever he wants. and even if he wasnt a contender for greatest Laker of all-time and just some regular schumck from some random forum tweeting, who would even give a damn then?

If I didnt know better, this thread would embarrass me as a Laker Fan.

This. A Million times this.
Ode to Triple Ocho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject:

No, Magic doesn't get a free pass to do anything he wants just because he is famous and the best basketball player ever. He found that the hard way.

If you make it a point to have your voice displayed all over the media, then his Laker Legend status does not make him immune to criticism. Especially in Magic's case, where he speaks in a constant state of faux pas.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

But since Drew is unhealthy half the time the games are going on, it's not even close, Howard >>>> Bynum. I'm sure LA's front office believes the same.

I've not heard it from Lakers FO either, but read something to that effect (can't remember where), read how Bynum is Jim's discovery why AB is "untouchable"... just rumors.

well, we can only hope you are right wolf (about how Laker FO see Howard compared to Bynum)... anyways, I don't actually expect Jim Buss to say in the press that he prefers Howard over Bynum (that will show poor PR skills, and imagine the effect to Bynum's psyche)... I'm just reacting to rumors here, also acquiring Howard may not be even possible, rendering the issue moot.

LINK
Whether this is saying Jim prefers Bynum is a matter of interpretation.

The article was written yesterday.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Drifts wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

LINK
Whether this is saying Jim prefers Bynum is a matter of interpretation.

The article was written yesterday.

thanks for the link. I've read from other sources too. I'd like to give Jim Buss the benefit of the doubt, his first act of power (hiring Brown) is not that bad, but isn't the best either. But full outcome remains to be seen. I'd extremely be disappointed though if Howard is available and he rejects it.

anyways, Mitch used be a joke in Laker folklore... but one trade made him a genius. Hopefully, Jim Buss is just one good move away from making us all believers.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject:

Excuse me, but a few things

1- That's a blog LOL
2- It's like me, Dr Laker or anyone like that who can write
3- It's purely speculative

My statement remains - I have yet to see anyone, any Laker coach, Mitch K who is pretty direct actually state that Bynum is untouchable. You have heard him call Kobe untouchable, but never Bynum.

I really don't know Jim Buss, so I can't say for sure what he thinks about Howard vs Bynum. What I do know is that no Laker official has ever come out and actually called Bynum the best Center in the NBA or an all-star or what not. I do know they have eyes and can see Howard is just that.

So please excuse me for not buying into the blogs stating otherwise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject:

As for Melo, Jim Buss admitted Denver called and offered 2 players, but it wasn't Melo who they were interesting in dealing to LA.

Could be a lie but I never thought how Bynum made sense for them with Nene on the team as well.

So that's how LA/Denver/Melo got going. LA never rejected Bynum for Melo, as Denver was never interested. If I had to guess they rejected Nene + JR Smith or some other perimeter player for Bynum.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Man, as much as I love him, Magic seriously needs to stop trying to play Lakers GM...LAs FO likes to operate in stealth mode. Magic running his mouth about Dwight coming here isn't going to help matters at all

Magic should leave the GM'ing to us posters, we know best. I wasn't aware that Howard possibly coming to the Lakers was some big secret that Magic spoiled.

Besides there is a thing called freedom of speech...Magic can say whatever he wants, I believed he's earned it more than any poster on this site.
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Man, as much as I love him, Magic seriously needs to stop trying to play Lakers GM...LAs FO likes to operate in stealth mode. Magic running his mouth about Dwight coming here isn't going to help matters at all

Magic should leave the GM'ing to us posters, we know best. I wasn't aware that Howard possibly coming to the Lakers was some big secret that Magic spoiled.

Besides there is a thing called freedom of speech...Magic can say whatever he wants, I believed he's earned it more than any poster on this site.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject:

captain jack wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Freedom of speech isn't earned.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

1- That's a blog LOL

My statement remains - I have yet to see anyone, any Laker coach, Mitch K who is pretty direct actually state that Bynum is untouchable. You have heard him call Kobe untouchable, but never Bynum.

I really don't know Jim Buss, so I can't say for sure what he thinks about Howard vs Bynum. What I do know is that no Laker official has ever come out and actually called Bynum the best Center in the NBA or an all-star or what not. I do know they have eyes and can see Howard is just that.

LINK

CBS is creditable. It's been printed more than once, in different creditable venues how Jim feels about Andrew.

Whether or not he'd do the trade is questionable. I'd think if it became a real possibility the final choice would go to committee.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

1- That's a blog LOL

Sure is a blog and in fact, I have seen some of those same comments made here, leaving me to wonder if that guy doesn't post here on a regular basis.???????? Sounds just like another piece of internet BS to me. Not a professional writer with credentials!
mandywwm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject:

Just be real, we really need some change in our rosters
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

1- That's a blog LOL

of course it is a blog... but as I said, other sources have said the same. for instance, would Adrian Wojnarowski suffice?

Adrian Wojnarowski wrote:
Yet, Jerry Buss is turning these Lakers over to Jim, and that’s the reason sources say he conducted the search with his father and general manager Mitch Kupchak assisting him. Now, Jim Buss has two guys in the franchise: Brown and Andrew Bynum(notes). In fact, Buss has made something clear within the Lakers, sources say: Bynum is untouchable in trade talks.

LINK

and again, you don't expect Mitch, Jim Buss or any FO personnel to state in the open that they'd prefer Howard to Bynum... do you? Obviously they'd keep mum about it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject:

^^^^^ That link is included in my post above. I guess if it doesn't come from the Times or some other so called reputable source it won't be accepted. If Bill Plaschke is the author it will be called biased.

Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject:

Magic for asst. GM aka Ronnie Lester's old job!
salami
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject:

im still struggling to understand what the problem with Magic's tweet was? my best guess is he exposed the Lakers top secret masterplan to get Dwight Howard.

If thats all you got, then trust me when say you dont have anything to worry about.

and if you still have an issue with anything Magic says, the problem isn't him, its you.
abella134
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Dwight is not the target but DWill.
lakeshow'80
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Twitter is for "Weiners"...

...but I agree Magic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: