AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron (5/1/15) - FINAL TRAILER... (p.19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Seen it twice. Great summer movie!
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Thor 2: The Dark World

Captain America 2: Winter Soldier

Guaridans of the Galaxy

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/20/showbiz/comic-con-avengers-2-ew/index.html
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Guaridans of the Galaxy

Curious. I'd read there was an Ant-Man movie in the works. They even had a leaked photo of a costume.

Ant-Man

He was Ultron's creator in the comics so it would be odd if he wasn't part of Avengers 2. I wonder if he's just going to make his first appearance in Avengers 2 or if they'll just put a cameo into Thor or Cap 2?
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject:

looking like the day the earth stood still part 2
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Guaridans of the Galaxy

Curious. I'd read there was an Ant-Man movie in the works. They even had a leaked photo of a costume.

Ant-Man

He was Ultron's creator in the comics so it would be odd if he wasn't part of Avengers 2. I wonder if he's just going to make his first appearance in Avengers 2 or if they'll just put a cameo into Thor or Cap 2?

An Ant-Man cameo in Thor 2 or Cap 2 wouldn't make sense. I don't think it'll happen. He has nothing to contribute to either storylines.

If Avengers 2 comes out before Ant-Man then I think his first appearance will be in Avengers 2.

They'll probably change Ultron's origin story to fit the current Avengers Universe. That means Ironman will have a big part to play since he also contributed to Ultron's transformations.

I'm curious as to what the Ant-Man movie will be all about now. If Ultron will be dealt with in Avengers 2, then what's left for the Ant-Man movie? Ultron is his best and most popular storyline.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Guaridans of the Galaxy

Ant-Man

An Ant-Man cameo in Thor 2 or Cap 2 wouldn't make sense. I don't think it'll happen. He has nothing to contribute to either storylines.

If Avengers 2 comes out before Ant-Man then I think his first appearance will be in Avengers 2.

They'll probably change Ultron's origin story to fit the current Avengers Universe. That means Ironman will have a big part to play since he also contributed to Ultron's transformations.

I'm curious as to what the Ant-Man movie will be all about now. If Ultron will be dealt with in Avengers 2, then what's left for the Ant-Man movie? Ultron is his best and most popular storyline.

Maybe not as the Ant-Man, but as his scientist alter-ego perhaps. It would be out of character for Marvel to just spring a new character on audiences in Avengers 2.

I've wondered about an Ant-Man movie too, but all I keep imagining is "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids".
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
paolomagma wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Guaridans of the Galaxy

Ant-Man

Maybe not as the Ant-Man, but as his scientist alter-ego perhaps. It would be out of character for Marvel to just spring a new character on audiences in Avengers 2.

I've wondered about an Ant-Man movie too, but all I keep imagining is "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids".
Ah. You're right. This is all speculation but maybe he'll be introduced in Avengers 2 as Hank Pym, Biochemist.
Then after the events of Avengers 2, he invents his "powers" and transforms himself into Ant-Man because he wants to be more than just a scientist.
Interesting...
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject:

Vin Diesel was at the Marvel HQ recently... could he be Thanos?
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Vin Diesel was at the Marvel HQ recently... could he be Thanos?

On his Facebook page Vin Diesel wrote: "I get tunnel vision in my work."

With a picture of an Avengers comic book in the background.

http://io9.com/vin-diesel-im-not-allowed-to-say-anything-about-the-841998486
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject:

I hope Vin Diesel is going to be the Vision. Vision is the strong, silent, brooding type and Diesel can pull that off. I keep trying to imagine him doing Ultron and all I get is Iron Giant.

Joss Whedon says Hank Pym will not be Ultron's creator. It will be a whole new origin story.

IGN

Latest speculation based on the Iron Man mask morphing into Ultron is that Stark will be his creator.

I think it will work, but it's a shame since they're going to be making an Ant-Man movie anyway.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Some leaked test footage from last years comic-on for Ant-Man was up on youtube for a while. Might still be up, but it was in pretty low quality.

They are supposedly bringing in Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver for Avengers 2. Not sure how I feel about that.
Clank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Some leaked test footage from last years comic-on for Ant-Man was up on youtube for a while. Might still be up, but it was in pretty low quality.

They are supposedly bringing in Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver for Avengers 2. Not sure how I feel about that.

I have similar concerns but I trust Joss. I hope they don't bring in Vision though. Adding Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver is enough already, along with giving Hawkeye an expanded role. Too many characters will just make it feel bloated.

-Elton Brand

Chicken tastes better with waffles.
Manilathrilla121
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject:

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? If this all leads up to an Avengers vs X-men phase I will lose it. Fox I believe owns the rights so it might just be a fan-boy fantasy.

I'm interested in the rumors that Dr. Strange will be the leading Marvel man for phase 3. (Johnny Depp anybody?) If Ultron is the big bad guy in the next Avengers movie, that would mean Thanos would be pushed back to the 3rd phase. Strange's world doesn't really come into play with Thanos, so I'm wondering how they're going to piece together a story.

That is unless both Thanos AND Ultron are going to feature in the next movie, but I hope thats not the case because I feel the rogues gallery for the Avengers is limited and using these two villains in one movie would empty the cupboard a bit. There are only so many bad guys that can not only do well on screen, but also realistically give the entire team trouble (Kang the Conqueror, Skrulls, Kree, maybe Dr Doom but his character was butchered in the FF movies).
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject:

Manilathrilla121 wrote:

If Ultron is the big bad guy in the next Avengers movie, that would mean Thanos would be pushed back to the 3rd phase. Strange's world doesn't really come into play with Thanos, so I'm wondering how they're going to piece together a story.

James Gunn confirmed Thanos will appear in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Quote:
We have Thanos. Thanos is the thing connecting us to the rest of the Marvel Universe at this point. And in the future we’ll see what happens after this, but for right now, we’re connected to the rest of the Marvel Universe because we’re resetting the end of The Avengers.

He also told MTV:

We’re definitely connected by Thanos. This is the first movie in the Marvel cosmic universe. We’re connected to the rest of the [Marvel Cinematic] Universe. How that plays out is gonna be seen as the future comes along.

SlashFilm
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I hope Vin Diesel is going to be the Vision. Vision is the strong, silent, brooding type and Diesel can pull that off. I keep trying to imagine him doing Ultron and all I get is Iron Giant.

Joss Whedon says Hank Pym will not be Ultron's creator. It will be a whole new origin story.

IGN

Latest speculation based on the Iron Man mask morphing into Ultron is that Stark will be his creator.

I think it will work, but it's a shame since they're going to be making an Ant-Man movie anyway.

heard that too, and that Jarvis will actually become Ultron (rumor)

maybe Stark builds him a physical form and he becomes evil (my guess)
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Manilathrilla121 wrote:
Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? If this all leads up to an Avengers vs X-men phase I will lose it. Fox I believe owns the rights so it might just be a fan-boy fantasy.

I'm interested in the rumors that Dr. Strange will be the leading Marvel man for phase 3. (Johnny Depp anybody?) If Ultron is the big bad guy in the next Avengers movie, that would mean Thanos would be pushed back to the 3rd phase. Strange's world doesn't really come into play with Thanos, so I'm wondering how they're going to piece together a story.

That is unless both Thanos AND Ultron are going to feature in the next movie, but I hope thats not the case because I feel the rogues gallery for the Avengers is limited and using these two villains in one movie would empty the cupboard a bit. There are only so many bad guys that can not only do well on screen, but also realistically give the entire team trouble (Kang the Conqueror, Skrulls, Kree, maybe Dr Doom but his character was butchered in the FF movies).

they are stuffing their own version of Quicksilver and Scarlet With in X-Men days of future past , so the collaboration thing seems to be getting farther away from possibility
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject:

oliverginob wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

IGN

heard that too, and that Jarvis will actually become Ultron (rumor)

maybe Stark builds him a physical form and he becomes evil (my guess)

Sounds like an interesting idea and Paul Bettany (voice of Jarvis) will make a much better Ultron. Jarvis is already an established artificial intelligence in the Marvel movies, so it would probably be much easier to evolve him than create a whole new A.I. character from scratch.

He might not even have take physical form to fight the Avengers in this movie if the rumors of the Vision being in this movie are true.
Clank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject:

oliverginob wrote:
Manilathrilla121 wrote:

they are stuffing their own version of Quicksilver and Scarlet With in X-Men days of future past , so the collaboration thing seems to be getting farther away from possibility

Quicksilver is in the next X-Men (played by Evan Peters) but not Scarlet Witch. Regardless it'll be kind of weird seeing those two in Avengers 2 without any real explanation of their backstory. At least in X-Men they'll be able to explain that Quicksilver is Magneto's son and a mutant.

-Elton Brand

Chicken tastes better with waffles.
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/08/29/avengers-sequel-james-spader-is-villain-in-age-of-ultron/

James Spader will be Ultron
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject:

Missed the part about the possible Ant-man movie.

Worthless. Heaps of awesome Marvel characters to choose from and they pick a D-list comic (and save it with blahblah been around for so many decades).

At least the possible Hawkeye and Black Widow had Scarlett Johannsen in tights to redeem it (somewhat).

Vin Diesel as the Vision or Thanos. Um, interesting? Hopefully he doesn't somehow inject his lame ass, "I gotta be hard" routine that he displays in oh, 100% of his craptacular movies. Christ. Then again, that steaming pile of (bleep) FF6 made 750M worldwide so maybe I'm bizarro one.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject:

VIN DIESEL has to be THANOS!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/08/29/avengers-sequel-james-spader-is-villain-in-age-of-ultron/

James Spader will be Ultron

or the Avengers will also fight Robert California.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Vin Diesel reportedly playing 'Groot' in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. He will be doing voice over work and mo-cap for the film. This could be all smoke though. Why bother casting him for a character that has maybe one line in the film and is entirely CGI? (Groot is a tree)
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject:

As far as Avengers 2 goes, I find it hard to believe they can't use Ant-Man as Ultron's creator.... but they are perfectly fine with adding Quiksilver AND Scarlet Witch into the mix.

IF Spader is voicing Ultron, then hopefully Bettany can play Vision.
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Vin Diesel reportedly playing 'Groot' in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. He will be doing voice over work and mo-cap for the film. This could be all smoke though. Why bother casting him for a character that has maybe one line in the film and is entirely CGI? (Groot is a tree)

I think Vin mentioned that he was in talks for a new IP with Marvel but fans(or somebody) wants something sooner to happen and thats how Groot came up. It may be something he takes on if his schedule permits it. He could possibly play 2 characters for Marvel.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 14 of 24
Jump to: