AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron (5/1/15) - FINAL TRAILER... (p.19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject:

OT but it looks like the fantastic four reboot is a fantastic turd:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113700
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
OT but it looks like the fantastic four reboot is a fantastic turd:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=113700

Can't say I'm surprised. The entire casting, and not just Jordan as the Human Torch, was a train wreck. Jaime Bell as The Thing?

Quote:
"This is very much an old school origin story - they aren't really "The Fantastic Four" until the very end of the movie"

Yeah right. That's going to go over well during the summer movie season going up against Avengers 2.

I think it's telling how little info has leaked regarding FF2 compared to Avengers2. We've barely seen any images let alone a trailer. I think Marvel knows they have another winner and aren't afraid to hype it while Fox knows they have a stinker and are trying to hide it as long as possible.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

ANOTHER origin story movie? Fantastic 4 was doomed from the start then
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject:

I think smartest thing to do now is just introduce new Heroes in Avenger movies then do a spinoff from there is character seems popular enough, since all the current actors will be too old or bored playing same characters I am sure after the Infinity Wars there will be a new team of Avengers featuring the characters from movies already announced
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
I think smartest thing to do now is just introduce new Heroes in Avenger movies then do a spinoff from there is character seems popular enough, since all the current actors will be too old or bored playing same characters I am sure after the Infinity Wars there will be a new team of Avengers featuring the characters from movies already announced

Yup. Best way to do it. Netflix and TV are also two avenues where they can introduce new heroes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Yup. Best way to do it. Netflix and TV are also two avenues where they can introduce new heroes

where I think DC is missing it by not using its great TV shows and incorporating them characters in their movies
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
22 wrote:
pmacla wrote:

where I think DC is missing it by not using its great TV shows and incorporating them characters in their movies

exactly. People are loving Flash and Arrow, why not include them in the movie continuity?
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
22 wrote:
pmacla wrote:

exactly. People are loving Flash and Arrow, why not include them in the movie continuity?

I watch neither. Imho they have that low quality TV production value that makes them feel cheap/cheesy. Same with Agents of shield. Hoping Nexflix can nail Daredevil but don't really have my hopes up.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
22 wrote:
pmacla wrote:

It is a movie franchise being helmed by Michael Bay wannabe Zack Snyder. Compartmentalization in case of damage? Nevertheless, DC has never had the coherent and intelligent decision making Marvel has enjoyed in recent years. And I'm actually a bigger DC fan.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:

I watch neither. Imho they have that low quality TV production value that makes them feel cheap/cheesy. Same with Agents of shield. Hoping Nexflix can nail Daredevil but don't really have my hopes up.

Same except for I do watch Agents of Shield. I enjoy it mainly because of the continuity. And the show actually did become a lot less cheesy in the 2nd season

rwongega wrote:

It is a movie franchise being helmed by Michael Bay wannabe Zack Snyder. Compartmentalization in case of damage? Nevertheless, DC has never had the coherent and intelligent decision making Marvel has enjoyed in recent years. And I'm actually a bigger DC fan.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that. Maybe they are afraid the movies will ruin the shows
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject:

FINAL TRAILER!

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
FINAL TRAILER!

Those team action shots... that's what superhero films should be about.

Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
FINAL TRAILER!

Eh I didn't think it was good

because it was F***ING BEAUTIFUL!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject:

trailer makes it look like the movie is a rehash of the 1st one... hmmm... I'm not too excited now.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject:

^ seriously?

This movie has a HUGE advantage from a pacing standpoint over the first one: the team will be together from the beginning of the film so an hour wont be spent introducing each character and bringing them together(like in the first Avengers).

I am very excited after seeing this trailer because it shows there's going to be some good conflict between the heroes and the villains along with conflict between the Avengers. Should be VERY entertaining.

But to each their own.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Finally they tease Vision in their promos. I was wondering how he would look.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject:

That scene with all the Ultron Bots around the heroes looked kind of like the end of Attack of the Clones
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject:

I can't stand the excitement! I stopped watching the trailer because I couldn't handle the spoilers!

I'm weak
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject:

OK, so we are about 2 weeks away. Movie clips, tv spots and some early screenings are already pouring in. There are tons of spoilers out there too. Excited for this one...
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm avoiding any more trailers at all costs. With as many trailers the're dropping, there's gonna be no surprises left, lol.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Some theaters have it opening Thursday April 30th at 7:00.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject:

^ bought my ticket for the arclight 4/30 7pm showing last month, lol. Too bad the Howard Hughs theater got changed from an IMAX theater to an XD. I dont want to drive all the way to Universal for IMAX presentation so Arclight is the next best thing.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject:

^^^ NICE. I expect a fairly spoiler free review Friday, los.

Due to work , I probably won't be able to watch until late Saturday or early Sunday. I could take a nice little "extended" lunch on friday afternoon, but my kids are way excited for this ... so I'd feel like a total douche watching without them. The thought DID cross my mind though, for a split second. LOL
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Ughhh, I couldn't wait that long, lol. And yes, I will definitely post my thoughts on the movie probably both spoiler free and then with spoilers afterwards.

Hopefully you can at least go to a theater with reserved seating so you dont have to wait in line for an hour plus to get a decent seat with the weekend crowds.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Ughhh, I couldn't wait that long, lol. And yes, I will definitely post my thoughts on the movie probably both spoiler free and then with spoilers afterwards.

Hopefully you can at least go to a theater with reserved seating so you dont have to wait in line for an hour plus to get a decent seat with the weekend crowds.

There's a decent AMC theatre near me that is USUALLY pretty tame at the early showings. I think we went for the last Avengers film and a few other big releases before noon opening weekend and lucked out with NO line and a relatively light crowd. This movie officially kicks off the summer as far as I'm concerned.... some awesome films coming out soon. Can't wait to hear everyone's reactions here in a few weeks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 19 of 24
Jump to: