Sons of Anarchy are back to kick some "you-know-what"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Sons of Anarchy are back to kick some "you-know-what"

As great as Breaking Bad may be, I am a bigger fan of Sons of Anarchy and new season kicks off in 12-days, Tuesday, Sept. 6th at 10pm on FX.

In last episode from last season, there was a huge bloodbath, in which a number of people were killed including that annoying FBI agent! Also most of the gang were being hauled off to serve a long prison sentence.

There are a number of questions hanging out there:

Will the gang be out of prison and just pick up where they left off or will they get out on good behaiver (LOL)? get out on a technicality? I am hoping they are not in prison for more than a couple of episodes..

Every season there seems to be a new set of enemies, so I am wondering, WHO will be next years rivals?

I can't wait...!

THOUGHTS?
brutella
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject:

Probably need to re-watch the last few episodes, but I remember that they were not going to serve long prison terms. The ATF agent was going to blackmail them but they blackmailed her instead.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Jax made a deal with ATF to get Gemma off on the murder charges and to get the gang less time for the automatic weapons charges. He was in turn supposed to deliver Jimmy to ATF. Once he did, the club was pissed that made a deal and everyone wanted to kill Jax.

Then you find out the gang was in on it the whole time, caught up to ATF, Chibbs got to finally get his revenge on Jimmy and Opie gets revenge on Stahl for her getting Donna killed.

Everything from the first 3 seasons is pretty much wrapped up. Jimmy and Stahl are dead, Zobelle is gone, the Mayans are allies, etc. Every season has been better than the last so I'm expecting another great season this year.
The End Game
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Jax made a deal with ATF to get Gemma off on the murder charges and to get the gang less time for the automatic weapons charges. He was in turn supposed to deliver Jimmy to ATF. Once he did, the club was pissed that made a deal and everyone wanted to kill Jax.

Then you find out the gang was in on it the whole time, caught up to ATF, Chibbs got to finally get his revenge on Jimmy and Opie gets revenge on Stahl for her getting Donna killed.

Everything from the first 3 seasons is pretty much wrapped up. Jimmy and Stahl are dead, Zobelle is gone, the Mayans are allies, etc. Every season has been better than the last so I'm expecting another great season this year.

I dunno I felt they got a little carried away going off to Ireland last season.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Heard some great things about that series. I will probably have a marathon soon to catch up.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Sons of Anarchy are back to kick some "you-know-what"

unleasHell wrote:

In last episode from last season, there was a huge bloodbath, in which a number of people were killed including that annoying FBI agent!

Who is also annoying in real life.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject:

The End Game wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

I disagree. It wasn't some frivolous gimmick. It revealed a whole lot about the history of the club and John Teller's (Jax's dad) other woman and child.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

brutella
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
The End Game wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

I disagree. It wasn't some frivolous gimmick. It revealed a whole lot about the history of the club and John Teller's (Jax's dad) other woman and child.

Agreed.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject:

I really liked how they wrapped up the third season, but I agree that the season as a whole was largely hit or miss - going to Ireland unnecessarily took a lot of focus off of the club and the characters and sort of derailed the entire season.

There are some spoilers out there for season four. I'm going to write some of them below, so fair warning, if you don't want to see them, stop reading this post now.

Season 4 Spoilers

- Season 4 picks up 14 months after the season 3 finale, so the guys are about out of jail. There is a scene in jail where Jax meets his new son for the first time. You can see it here.

- Charming has a new sheriff, and guess what? Him and the SOA don't get along. Here's a preview scene on that whole situation.

- Danny Trejo is joining the cast - no idea how long a story arc he will get, but he will play an SOA member from another chapter.

- Here's a bunch of info on the new season.

- Video of Jax getting into a conflict in prison.

- Video of Piney and Tara talking. Re-opens the subject of how John Teller died.

Season 4 Spoilers
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure how revealing a whole lot of backstory on the club takes a lot of focus off of the club. I think it is just the opposite.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
The End Game wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

I didn't think it was gimmicky either, and agree with your statement about providing some history. It just felt really meandering and unfocused. It felt like the characters were acting out the story rather than driving the story as they had done very well for the first two seasons. Not terrible, but definitely felt like the weakest arc of the entire three seasons.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Sons of Anarchy are back to kick some "you-know-what"

DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

In last episode from last season, there was a huge bloodbath, in which a number of people were killed including that annoying FBI agent!

Really? Her character was pretty repulsive throughout but I alternately wanted to smack her and have angry sex with her. Coin toss.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I'm not sure how revealing a whole lot of backstory on the club takes a lot of focus off of the club. I think it is just the opposite.

I should've said character focus. It often felt like everything happening in Ireland was just a device for moving the plot forward while filling in some historical cracks (granted, they were cracks in need of filling).

There wasn't a lot of focus on the individual characters and what fueled their actions, rather the focus was on trying to tell this back story in order for the overall plot to move forward, and the process of telling that back story just felt kind meandering.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject:

I think bleep is gonna go down within SAMCRO this season. I think Jax will finally find out the truth about Clay and Gemma getting John(Jax's dad) killed. Clay is real close to being out of the club too, since his hands are so bad he can't ride sometimes. Will Jax become club president this season? Him and Piney sure have been wanting some change.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Sons of Anarchy are back to kick some "you-know-what"

Socks wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Really? Her character was pretty repulsive throughout but I alternately wanted to smack her and have angry sex with her. Coin toss.

Trust me, she looks 100x better on SOA than she does in real life.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the spoilers (really) I am glad it fast forwards...

I liked Ireland too, it was cool,

reminded me of Sienfeld.....Jimmy's getting Angry...(LOL)

I am wanting more out of Opie, when he did not care about things he was pretty brutal...!
lalakeshow88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Heard some great things about that series. I will probably have a marathon soon to catch up.

Ditto. Nice, now i have something new to watch!
McSassy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject:

The finale of season 3 was the best episode yet in my opinion...I've watched it a few times.
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject:

I love SOA.
Judging from the commercials, i say this season revolves around the conflict between jax, clay and gemma. Or at least more into detail since they touched on it a few times.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject:

McSassy wrote:
The finale of season 3 was the best episode yet in my opinion...I've watched it a few times.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
The End Game wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Yup. I think it sets up the storyline for this season.
VTECkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject:

well to me jax is a whiny little girl even from the beginning wanting to clean up the club...

this year a preview shows his GF read his dads weak book and went asking around why his father was dead..

i HOPE this season doesnt just turn into a jax whine fest and trying to take over the club and becoming let me lead or i leave WHAA WHAA
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Sons is great....looking forward to the new season.

I have been a little disappointed in this season of Breaking Bad, the last season was so good I guess I was expecting more.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject:

2 HOURS TO GO.

Am I the only one that believes Jax's dad is going to be revealed to be way worse than he has been portrayed? His words do not exactly match his supposed actions.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject:

I think John Teller will be revealed as the person Jax(and the viewers) think he is. Piney is a pretty good judge of character and they were best friends. Kinda cool since their sons(Jax and Opie) became best friends too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9
Jump to: