I hope the Lakers amnesty or trade Kobe...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plato
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: I hope the Lakers amnesty or trade Kobe...

...IF the Lakers are rebuilding. This Odom trade smells like a salary dump to me. It feels like we swung for the fences with Paul/Dwight, and now may be out of options. Feels like 2004 all over again. It's not fair to Kobe to have the Lakers give up on championship aspirations in the last years of his career.

Kobe has a couple more season of elite production, and he shouldn't have to waste them on a team that's not serious about winning rings right now. If the Odom trade really was a salary dump, and the Lakers don't plan on making a significant move to get back into championship contention, they might as well part ways with Kobe so that he can have a chance to win somewhere else. I'm sure Jim Buss wouldn't mind the Lux tax savings.

Last edited by plato on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
shox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject:

Sure...

LAKER FOR LIFE

Last edited by shox on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
F.N.G.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject:

In before the
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

i hope people would stop posting crap
RVCdesigns
Star Player
Star Player

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject:

Looking for some attention?
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Grow up people! The season hasn't even started yet. Let's wait to see how everything plays out before we give up the season. I'm as despondent as everyone else, but I still trust Mitch and the FO to make some moves even if we don't get Paul or Howard.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Laker_Town wrote:
i hope people would stop posting crap

+24
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject:

Who cares about Kobe and his 25 mil/year contract, what about me; I'm broke and I can't bare to watch this team give away players!

Last edited by PDX_LAKERFAN on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:47 am; edited 2 times in total
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject:

can we trade you?
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject:

Yes, I can see Kupchak kneeling before Kobe sobbing uncontrollably asking for forgiveness.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: I hope the Lakers amnesty or trade Kobe

plato wrote:
It's not fair to Kobe to have the Lakers give up on championship aspirations in the last years of his career. Kobe has a couple more season of elite production, and he shouldn't have to waste them on a team that's not serious about winning rings right now. If the Odom trade really was a salary dump, and the Lakers don't plan on making a significant move to get back into championship contention, they might as well part ways with Kobe.

I am sure all he has to do is ask, though I doubt there would be a big market for a guy making 30 mil a year.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject:

KB24.com =======>> that way, please
mmkillen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: I hope the Lakers amnesty or trade Kobe

plato wrote:
It's not fair to Kobe to have the Lakers give up on championship aspirations in the last years of his career. Kobe has a couple more season of elite production, and he shouldn't have to waste them on a team that's not serious about winning rings right now. If the Odom trade really was a salary dump, and the Lakers don't plan on making a significant move to get back into championship contention, they might as well part ways with Kobe.

Crumbling Dynasty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject:

LOL. I would have never thought this could be possible. Now I'm not sure. Who knows what's going on with Jimbo Buss. I could see Kobe requesting to get amnesty and signing with the Nets or Knicks
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: I hope the Lakers amnesty or trade Kobe

venturalakersfan wrote:
plato wrote:

I am sure all he has to do is ask, though I doubt there would be a big market for a guy making 30 mil a year.

Are you serious? This is just not any guy making 30 million a year(which he isn't this upcoming season btw). We're talking about the most popular player on the planet, and arguably the best player in the league. Even if not for "basketball reasons", the move would be made from a pure revenue standpoint.

I'm hoping your post was sarcasm. If not, then
reset
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject:

lol garbage thread
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
can we trade you?

this might be a good thought. 1 crappy LG member is equal to 5 Heat fans.
Crumbling Dynasty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: I hope the Lakers amnesty or trade Kobe

venturalakersfan wrote:
plato wrote:

He would still get paid his 30mill per year and sign with his new team for the minimum. Lakers would still be paying him. So the market would actually be quite long

Last edited by Crumbling Dynasty on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject:

^^^ Oh no.... not another dead banana... .... so sad....

.... actually probably worth two

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...

Last edited by LA_Lakers_Rule on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject:

Yeah so he can go join Miami too, right?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: I hope the Lakers amnesty or trade Kobe

USCandLakers wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
plato wrote:

Are you serious? This is just not any guy making 30 million a year(which he isn't this upcoming season btw). We're talking about the most popular player on the planet, and arguably the best player in the league. Even if not for "basketball reasons", the move would be made from a pure revenue standpoint.

I'm hoping your post was sarcasm. If not, then

I see you don't pay much attention to the new CBA and what is going on so far in the trade market. Kobe is on the wrong side of 30 making too much money. Tell me who could trade for his salary and have a team better than what the Lakers are now. Please do.
plato
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
can we trade you?

Too late, I was thrown in at the last minute with Odom to sweeten the deal for the Mavs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: I hope the Lakers amnesty or trade Kobe

Crumbling Dynasty wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
plato wrote:

He would still get paid his 30mill per year and sign with his new team for the minimum. Lakers would still be paying him. So the market would actually be quite long

Not if he were traded, which besides retiring, is the only way he would leave the Lakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: