OK... Let's take a vote (Tape Delay game days)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What are your feelings on Tape Delay game days?
Screw the West Coast fans! We want absolute run of the board!
27%
 27%  [ 40 ]
Screw those people that can't respect us West coast die-hards! I want my cake and to eat it to!
16%
 16%  [ 24 ]
We should appease both! Two game threads!
36%
 36%  [ 52 ]
Don't ask me... I don't even know why I clicked this link.
18%
 18%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 143

Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: OK... Let's take a vote (Tape Delay game days)

Feel free to add opinions

P.S. Don't ask me... I don't even know why I clicked this link.
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject:

"Screw the west coast fans" is a bit strong but ... if they are too dumb to know better than to sign on to a global forum and expect everyone to wait until the left coast is done ... "screw" them might be an appropriate term.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject:

WESTSIDE
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
WESTSIDE
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm a West Coaster and I don't usually know if a game is tape-delayed. I get the start times from the internet. If it's early, I listen to it on the radio on the way home from work or else follow the game online. If I find out the game is delayed on TV, I prefer not to watch it since I don't want to reward that kind of stupidity. I didn't realize tonight's game was on tape-delay until I got home and visited LG to see all the uproar.

I can understand people being pissed about having the game results revealed, but honestly this isn't called WestCoastFansWhoOnlyWatchGamesOnTV.com. There's no tape delay on radio. If you're interested in the game results, listen to the radio broadcast (as painful as that might be) and watch the game later if you really need to see it. If you want to watch a tape-delayed game, stay the hell away from the internet while the game is going on.

I don't see a problem with LG having rules against revealing game results, but it might be helpful if there was some way to let those of us who listen on the radio or the people who get to see it live that the game isn't being shown live in L.A.
LovingKobeNDFish
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Until Comcast gets their act together I am glad there is a running thread on LG on the game. During last night's game against the Bucks, a few minutes into the 4th qtr, Comcast put on an entirely different channel on kcal 9, and if not for the running thread on LG, I would not have known how the game ended and/or been able to imagine the great plays and shots the posters provided. Comcast did not correct the problem until Phil was giving his press conference after the game.

If people do not want to know the outcome early, don't look at the thread. It's not rocket science.
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Two threads, no doubt. This board is for all laker fans, east cost west coast whatever. I was more bummed tonight because when watching the tape delay there was no where to discuss the game with fellow fans...
straylight
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Those of us not in the LA area (anymore) are already monstrously screwed by not having KCAL to show the games. Now you want to take this, our only consolation and advantage, away?

you mean person.

-stray

`That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject:

straylight wrote:
Those of us not in the LA area (anymore) are already monstrously screwed by not having KCAL to show the games. Now you want to take this, our only consolation and advantage, away?

you mean person.

-stray

two threads... no one should be penalized.. whether you have access to the actual start time, or watch the tape delay... we should all be able to talk a about the game here at LG whether tape delayed or actual start time.. two threads would help ensure those of us watching the tape delay can still come here watch the game and discuss it as were watching, and not have to worry about the outcome being divulged.. those of you watching the actual start time have a thread to run free.. EVERYONE IS HAPPY..
PurpleReign4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
WESTSIDE
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject:

If those that don't want to know the score...GO TO YOUR TV AND WATCH THE TAPE DELAYED GAME FIRST....then log on to LG.....is that so difficult?????
straylight
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:
straylight wrote:

you mean person.

-stray

two threads... no one should be penalized.. whether you have access to the actual start time, or watch the tape delay... we should all be able to talk a about the game here at LG whether tape delayed or actual start time.. two threads would help ensure those of us watching the tape delay can still come here watch the game and discuss it as were watching, and not have to worry about the outcome being divulged.. those of you watching the actual start time have a thread to run free.. EVERYONE IS HAPPY..

that's too logical.

-stray

`That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject:

I usually watch the games on about a half hour delay on my tivo anyway, so I can forward through commercials and halftime. But anyway, I voted on 2 game threads. Although I don't get what's so difficult about waiting until the tape delayed game is over before coming on LG.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Two game threads would be okay.

I must say that I admire those who don't check the score on delayed games. I'm not one to read the last page of a mystery novel, but when it comes to sports, I can't help it. Regardless of whether the outcome is good or bad, I still end up watching the tape delay. I check the box scores, I read the comments/complaints, but I still want to see it with my own eyes and form my own opinions be they good or bad.

I will never bother paying for season pass no matter what. I live in LA, I'm a Laker fan and I have cable. I'm at work until 6 or later most nights, so I have no problems with the delays, but I don't tape them anymore since they tend to lose when I do. I think I have maybe one tape that I deemed worth keeping from last season and the current one combined.
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject:

I thought one of the main purposes of the Internet was to get up to the minute news. If you wish to deny yourself knowledge of Lakers results, don't get on the Internet or at least be smart enough to avoid sports sites. Nobody else on the Internet is delaying the news. That's not what the Internet is for.
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_2000 wrote:
I thought one of the main purposes of the Internet was to get up to the minute news. If you wish to deny yourself knowledge of Lakers results, don't get on the Internet or at least be smart enough to avoid sports sites. Nobody else on the Internet is delaying the news. That's not what the Internet is for.

and you can still get that, but it is also cool to discuss the game as we watch it with other fans.. those of us on tape delay dont have that luxury
zass17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject:

dont get on this site if you are watching the game
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject:

Why is this even an issue???

Nobody makes a person click on a link and if you really don't want to know what happens, just don't look!!!!

It's not like the game is better or worse if you read about it as opposed to seeing it...

This is a non-issue...but if you must, just make 2 game threads...
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

Nobody makes a person click on a link and if you really don't want to know what happens, just don't look!!!!

It's not like the game is better or worse if you read about it as opposed to seeing it...

Two game threads, but I'm guessing a bigger issue would be if people posted threads titled, "NOOOOOOO, WE LOST!!! STUPID REFS" or something like that.

Two game threads, and let's agree to keep spoilers off thread titles. Also, let us East Coasters know with a sticky the morning of the day if there's going to be a tape delay. I would have never known there was a tape delay for yesterday's game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersflambe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Two game threads would be okay.

I must say that I admire those who don't check the score on delayed games. I'm not one to read the last page of a mystery novel, but when it comes to sports, I can't help it. Regardless of whether the outcome is good or bad, I still end up watching the tape delay. I check the box scores, I read the comments/complaints, but I still want to see it with my own eyes and form my own opinions be they good or bad.

I will never bother paying for season pass no matter what. I live in LA, I'm a Laker fan and I have cable. I'm at work until 6 or later most nights, so I have no problems with the delays, but I don't tape them anymore since they tend to lose when I do. I think I have maybe one tape that I deemed worth keeping from last season and the current one combined.

I feel like I've just discoverd that I had a long-lost twin brother.

I live in Japan, so I have no choice but to resort to other media sources to keep track of the Lakers... As for taping games, same pain and result...
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Two game threads, but I'm guessing a bigger issue would be if people posted threads titled, "NOOOOOOO, WE LOST!!! STUPID REFS" or something like that.

Two game threads, and let's agree to keep spoilers off thread titles. Also, let us East Coasters know with a sticky the morning of the day if there's going to be a tape delay. I would have never known there was a tape delay for yesterday's game.
This is probably the most reasonable approach, but I know there are some who LIVE to spoil other people's fun, how could a no spoilers in thread titles be enforced?

It's real easy for me, I can avoid LG and watch the delayed broadcasts and wait until morning to discuss, but I'm not OCD, either!
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
This is probably the most reasonable approach, but I know there are some who LIVE to spoil other people's fun, how could a no spoilers in thread titles be enforced?

I've got a real easy fix for that...
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject:

It's simple really. If you come to this website when a game is playing or just about to be over, you run the risk of finding out the results.

if you don't want to know, dont come to lakersground until you are sure the game is over in your timezone.
Star
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject:

I don't know if "Screw West Coast Fans" is appropriate but that is my vote.

I live in L.A. and quite frankly, if you don't want to know what is going on, just avoid the boards. I'm as addicted as anyone but I simply avoided the boards for a few hours so I could watch the game in peace.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject:

If you think about it, it's really not enough games to get upset about. There's 15 eastern conference road games per season, cut that number in half right away to eliminate central time zones, weekend games and nationally televised spots. So you're really only talking about a MAX of 6 or 7 tape delayed games per season.

As Laker fans, we are so lucky to have a local network that's not cable that carries all the road games not cherrypicked by TNT or ABC. Most teams fans have to pay for cable packages to get as many games as we get for free. So if KCAL wants to tape delay a few far east coast games just so they can get more viewers, thus more money from their advertisers, then it's all right by me.

Not worth the fuss.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: