Need new cable provider (want to make sure I can still watch Lakers game without issues)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Need new cable provider (want to make sure I can still watch Lakers game without issues)

Do I have to get Time Warner Cable in order to watch Lakers games?

I don't want to get some other cable company and then not be able to watch Lakers games.

I'm kind of leaning towards this Dish Network package because it has NBA TV, however I just want to be sure I can still get Lakers games as well with Dish.
http://www.internetlion.com/package_master.php?package_id=14

Any recommendations?
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Need new cable provider (want to make sure I can still watch Lakers game without issues)

Dladi Vidac wrote:

I don't want to get some other cable company and then not be able to watch Lakers games.

I'm kind of leaning towards this Dish Network package because it has NBA TV, however I just want to be sure I can still get Lakers games as well with Dish.

Any recommendations?

I have had the big 3, time warner, dish and now directv. And NOTHING has come close to Directv. Even though Time Warner is buying the rights to the Lakers, Time Warner will sell to Directv and Dish and other tv providers.

What makes Directv better then any of the others is the cost, for one and just overall quality, whether its customer service, channel lineups, things like that. They do not do shady (bleep) like make NBATV on one tier and then NFL Network on another. Dish and TW are the biggest whores on scams I have ever seen. I would stay away.

If you want more info, PM me, they have a great program where if you are referred by someone, you get 100 bucks off your bill. Its set up in 10 dollar a month increments for 10 months. I got mine and referred 4 friends of mine and my bill is $19.40 until next May. I will show you how to do it.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Just sent you a reply on your PM, let me know if you go it. With the critical error stuff, i just want to make sure.
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject:

if you choose directv and happen to get a box with dvr service, make sure to pay for the monthly protection plan. the hard drive on my box is starting to go out, and i'm not able to watch any of my recorded shows without it freezing constantly. i don't have the protection plan and the only way that they will replace my box is if i renew my contract for another 2 years because they will be giving me a new box. imo it's pretty ridiculous that they gave me a defective box that i have to pay for monthly, and they won't just replace it. and i can't even cancel my dvr service because that will result it getting a new box, therefore having to renew my contract also.

Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Need new cable provider (want to make sure I can still watch Lakers game without issues)

Dladi Vidac wrote:

Any recommendations?

Stop watchin so much TV ya fat bastaad
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

I don't think you can get Spectrum Sports net with Dish Network, unless something changed recently. You can get it with ATT U-verse, DirecTV, Verizon Fios and Time Warner/Spectrum.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject:

I've had Dish, TW and have had DirecTV for over 15 years now,

The Lakers are on there as clear as anything on my 4K...
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Time Warner Cable is awful.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Time Warner Cable is awful.

The only redeeming thing is i get the fastest internet they provide. Everything else, I'd rather have Directtv.

!...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

I just switched to TWC. DTV has better TV. Higher quality HD and easier functioning remotes. TWC has better Internet, phone service and price.

TWC has a great sports package. You can get Dodger and Lakers games. DTV also has a great sports package.

I don't know how long I'll stay with TWC. DTV has better TV. TWC has better Internet and price.

I'm pondering DTV for TV, TWC for Internet and phone. I mostly use my landline for faxing.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

We're STRONGLY considering TWC to (bleep) off because of their prices. But, I love my Doyers and Lakers. Can I still get it with DirecTV?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
We're STRONGLY considering TWC to (bleep) off because of their prices. But, I love my Doyers and Lakers. Can I still get it with DirecTV?

Have you considered cutting the cord outright? I don't know what you're spending now, but a combination of Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and searching reddit (r/nbastreams, r/mlbstreams, r/nflstreams, etc) can cover pretty much all the content you'd want for a similar price.

I'd recommend MLB.TV, which I use to get Dodger games out here in Atlanta, but if you live in LA (and I presume you do), Dodger games are blacked out.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

Have you considered cutting the cord outright? I don't know what you're spending now, but a combination of Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and searching reddit (r/nbastreams, r/mlbstreams, r/nflstreams, etc) can cover pretty much all the content you'd want for a similar price.

I'd recommend MLB.TV, which I use to get Dodger games out here in Atlanta, but if you live in LA (and I presume you do), Dodger games are blacked out.

Yup. The wife and I have considered no cable at all. We do have Apple TV and have Netflix. There are still some shows the kids watch and the wife watches all her news (fox news, cnn, msnbc, etc.)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: