LAKERS -at- CELTICS - 2/9 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject:

Our big 3 certainly played big. We got some bench help from Matt and some stable play from Blake. Rest of team = yikes! Ok, Murph did have 9 boards.

Best game of the season for Pau. I'm glad MB reminded him to be the Black Swan a couple of times. I can see why the Celts would covet Pau. They were absolutely terrible on the boards and due to their lack of a post presence, only shot 5 FTs the entire game, all in the 1st half.

Bynum did his work on the boards and anchoring the D. Not very successful on his post up game though.

Solution for the Lakers road woes - wear their home jerseys! Last 2 in Boston wearing their home jerseys. Simple enough, no?
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:
Our big 3 certainly played big. We got some bench help from Matt and some stable play from Blake. Rest of team = yikes! Ok, Murph did have 9 boards.

Best game of the season for Pau. I'm glad MB reminded him to be the Black Swan a couple of times. I can see why the Celts would covet Pau. They were absolutely terrible on the boards and due to their lack of a post presence, only shot 5 FTs the entire game, all in the 1st half.

Bynum did his work on the boards and anchoring the D. Not very successful on his post up game though.

Solution for the Lakers road woes - wear their home jerseys! Last 2 in Boston wearing their home jerseys. Simple enough, no?

Regarding Drew, he struggled in the post, but he also should've had several more trips to the line. He was getting butchered at times along with Kobe.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:

Regarding Drew, he struggled in the post, but he also should've had several more trips to the line. He was getting butchered at times along with Kobe.

It was hilarious to see Bynum get his and-1's erased since he apparently wasn't in the act of shooting as he was getting an alley-oop dunk, and then either Allen or Pierce (I think it was anyways) gets a foul called in the act when crossing over and making no shooting motion towards the basket. Well, hilarious now, rage inducing (and almost remote control breaking) during the game.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:

It was hilarious to see Bynum get his and-1's erased since he apparently wasn't in the act of shooting as he was getting an alley-oop dunk, and then either Allen or Pierce (I think it was anyways) gets a foul called in the act when crossing over and making no shooting motion towards the basket. Well, hilarious now, rage inducing (and almost remote control breaking) during the game.

The double standard is definitely frustrating particularly when Celtic defenders are allowed to manhandle Kobe in the post.
busym
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject:

Pau played a great game. So did Drew. After watching the game , I hate to see the Lakers trade Pau. Wish the Lakers could pick up a decent PG. They don't need an all star PG just and above average one like Felton. An above average PG along with Kolbe, Drew, and Pau would be enough to carry the Lakers.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:
magicdays wrote:
Thanks for the write-up, DB!

Excellent game from Pau, Drew, and Kobe. We just need that one more piece to the puzzle.

Don't you think Pau would thrive with a REAL pg? Pau has always been an excellent team player--his success on the Spanish team has always been in the context of having a real pg. If the Lakers could get a decent pg via TPE or trade, I think we would see the Black Swan Pau night in and night out.

I think this is why Kobe and Pau play so well together--Pau is the ultimate all-around, big team player. If only we had a real pg, this team would be a championship team.

I think the whole team would thrive with a good PG.

Besides our big 3, everyone else are pretty much wide open all night.

With a new PG addition, it doesn't make them any wide open.

Problem is their talents suck at shooting.

IMO the whole team besides our big 3, not every one of them will thrive with a good PG.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
magicdays wrote:

Excellent game from Pau, Drew, and Kobe. We just need that one more piece to the puzzle.

Don't you think Pau would thrive with a REAL pg? Pau has always been an excellent team player--his success on the Spanish team has always been in the context of having a real pg. If the Lakers could get a decent pg via TPE or trade, I think we would see the Black Swan Pau night in and night out.

I think this is why Kobe and Pau play so well together--Pau is the ultimate all-around, big team player. If only we had a real pg, this team would be a championship team.

IMO the whole team besides our big 3, not every one of them will thrive with a good PG.

A real PG would help everyone except for maybe Fish and MWP to a lesser extent. Our shooters (Murphy, Glock, Kapono) would get the ball in their sweet spots and be able to shoot in rhythm. Our energy guys (Barnes, McRoberts) would get rewarded for cutting and running the break. Fish and MWP might not benefit because both guys are inefficient from anywhere on the floor although MWP would probably benefit from timely post-entry passes whenever he establishes position.
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
thurloly wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
magicdays wrote:

A real PG would help everyone except for maybe Fish and MWP to a lesser extent. Our shooters (Murphy, Glock, Kapono) would get the ball in their sweet spots and be able to shoot in rhythm. Our energy guys (Barnes, McRoberts) would get rewarded for cutting and running the break. Fish and MWP might not benefit because both guys are inefficient from anywhere on the floor although MWP would probably benefit from timely post-entry passes whenever he establishes position.

...and both Pau and Drew would have huge numbers with a solid point guard!
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject:

magicdays wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
thurloly wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
magicdays wrote:

...and both Pau and Drew would have huge numbers with a solid point guard!

Kobe wouldn't have to work as hard which would conserve some energy on the floor.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB. The sequence with Fish/Blake out there with KGB went ok. It is interesting because that leads me to believe that eventually Glock will replace Fish in that scenario. It was disappointing that MB wouldn't trust the rook in a rivalry game like that on the road. Blake/Glock backcourt would have really opened things up for KGB. Maybe he will see MB go to that lineup in the future to jump start the offense.

Great game by our bigs (esp Pau). Good win. Haven't heard from my Laker hating Celtic loving cousin. I wonder why.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Some things I noticed:

Allen is the most egregious Kobe defender in the league. That's saying something, considering that guys hack and hold him with the ball constantly. Allen just tries to hold him when he doesn't have the ball, right in front of the refs. Kobe has to wrestle (and I mean that literally) free of Allen just to catch the ball.

Kobe loves talking trash to Ray Ray, but seems to have a respectful dialogue with Rondo. Interesting. Might have to do with the fact that Rondo actually defends him within the rules. He didn't appear to be talking trash, and both of them looked almost friendly.

Fisher is done. Just done. Like a washed up prize fighter, sad to see him dragging himself out there not knowing that he's done.

Bynum and Pau are just so much better when they play with a chip on their shoulder. Boston brings this out of both of them.

MWP is still one of the best at keeping his body on a wing and not letting him operate after the catch. But if a guy can get daylight between them, MWP has lost a couple steps. He is only valuable when he can use his strength and width.

Bass's jumper would fit perfectly in LA.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Little Drew wasn't having a great game

Because he was playing out of position - he got used to be the point and prun the plays. This job was taken by Blake and Goudelock got lost....

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Some things I noticed:

Allen is the most egregious Kobe defender in the league. That's saying something, considering that guys hack and hold him with the ball constantly. Allen just tries to hold him when he doesn't have the ball, right in front of the refs. Kobe has to wrestle (and I mean that literally) free of Allen just to catch the ball.

Kobe loves talking trash to Ray Ray, but seems to have a respectful dialogue with Rondo. Interesting. Might have to do with the fact that Rondo actually defends him within the rules. He didn't appear to be talking trash, and both of them looked almost friendly.

Fisher is done. Just done. Like a washed up prize fighter, sad to see him dragging himself out there not knowing that he's done.

Bynum and Pau are just so much better when they play with a chip on their shoulder. Boston brings this out of both of them.

MWP is still one of the best at keeping his body on a wing and not letting him operate after the catch. But if a guy can get daylight between them, MWP has lost a couple steps. He is only valuable when he can use his strength and width.

Bass's jumper would fit perfectly in LA.

Which consequently results in Kobe getting whistled for quite a number of bush-league offensive fouls. I think Allen gets an inordinate amount of those called on Kobe considering the cheap type of defense he plays. The disrespect by the refs is quite disturbing, especially vis-a-vis other premier players that defenders aren't allowed even half of the stuff tolerated with Kobe without getting called for all the stuff that is supposedly illegal.
Rigged4fun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Not to just be disagreable, but I thought Andrew has looked very stiff and not very athletic on the offensive side. I heard Kareem say after being asked that Andrew liked the jump hook rather than the "unstoppable" hook. In the last couple of games Bynum's jump hook looks pretty meager. I'd like him to reassess his thoughts about the hook. You can't block a skyhook unless you're 8ft tall, and even then if you shoot it like Kareem, the only way to stop it is at his hand because he shot it downwards and if you hit the ball it's goal tending. Wish Andrew would reconsider.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: