Best PF on the Lakers?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best PF?
LO
41%
 41%  [ 30 ]
Kwame
47%
 47%  [ 35 ]
Mihm
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Cook
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 73

GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Best PF on the Lakers?

It's simple...

LO
Kwame
Mihm
Cook

Who's the best PF?
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject:

k to the wame
dag32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Kwame, no contest
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Kwames best year as a PF out east - 10.9ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1 asp

Lamars best year as a PF out east - 17ppg, 9.7 rpg, 4 asp, 1 stl

Lamars team went to the second round of the playoffs and he was his teams best player, the Wizards went nowhere.

CASE CLOSED for now.

(now Kwame still has loads of potential to be a better PF than Lamar but he has a ways to go.)
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject:

kwame
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I like LO, but LO is a small forward. A point-small forward. If he can get consistent with his perimeter shot, he'll be money for us at the 3.

Kwame is our best power forward. And this is why we've got a hole at the 4 spot.

And this is also why I'm not too excited about Artest. Either we're sticking Lamar back at the 4, or we're trading away Lamar and giving up on our second best player and replacing him with a great two-way player who we can never say for sure won't lose it and retire during the playoffs to start working at Sears because he wanted to get a refrigerator at a discounted price.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Yea if Kwame doesn't play as good as he did vs the Mavs, watch how you guys start voting for LO.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
I like LO, but LO is a small forward. A point-small forward. If he can get consistent with his perimeter shot, he'll be money for us at the 3.

Kwame is our best power forward. And this is why we've got a hole at the 4 spot.

And this is also why I'm not too excited about Artest. Either we're sticking Lamar back at the 4, or we're trading away Lamar and giving up on our second best player and replacing him with a great two-way player who we can never say for sure won't lose it and retire during the playoffs to start working at Sears because he wanted to get a refrigerator at a discounted price.

Exactly...

I'm not sure that even if Kobe and Artest won co-DPOY that it would be enough to offset the hole that putting LO at PF would create...

Kwame is a true PF...Mihm is an undersized C...Cook is a backup, specialty PF...soft but true...

No amount of time at PF will make LO a PF...he's a perimeter guy with little range and limited finishing ability...

Now that's what you call a TWEENER!
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

his 3 point % is about the same as artests this year...he's getting better.

As soon as Kwame starts averaging anywhere near 15/10(Lamars PF stats for last year) for us I'll agree he's a better PF than Lamar.

Until then he's inconsistent and has had ONE good game...lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
Yea if Kwame doesn't play as good as he did vs the Mavs, watch how you guys start voting for LO.

The answer could never be LO...even if the choice is Slava/Cook/LO...

LO is NOT a PF...we may try to capitalize on the mismatch but we give those points (and more if you count the freethrows) on the defensive end...

LO @ PF is a GIMMICK!!!

That's not basketball...that's a BANDAID!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject:

If LO played 27 minutes and had 12 pts 4 rbds and 3 assts, you'd all say he sucked. Seems the bar is mighty low for Kwame.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject:

lakertim wrote:
If LO played 27 minutes and had 12 pts 4 rbds and 3 assts, you'd all say he sucked. Seems the bar is mighty low for Kwame.

BINGO. Kwame may some day be light years better at PF but today? lmao.
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject:

dirka, I'm not trying to knock Lamar and say Kwame's a better player than him right now. That's ludicrous.

I'm saying I like Lamar at the three. I like him in his initiator/high post role. I don't like him having to bang down low against the really big guys. I don't want him to have to do that.

It's kinda like asking who our best small forward is. Lamar? If we're going to ask this about all our players who have played at the 3 this year, then it would have to be Kobe. But I would rather not see Kobe play at the three even though I know he can do it and do it well. Hell, the guy is arguably the best two in the entire league. Why would we stick him at the 3 and have him play consistently against the bigger and stronger guys when the guy worked all summer to get lighter so he can run all day better than all the other guards in the league?

Last edited by pokoy on Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
pokoy wrote:

his 3 point % is about the same as artests this year...he's getting better.

As soon as Kwame starts averaging anywhere near 15/10(Lamars PF stats for last year) for us I'll agree he's a better PF than Lamar.

Until then he's inconsistent and has had ONE good game...lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Don't confuse activity for production...(I can't remember who said that but it was somebody pretty smart)...

LO has better stats but LO can't defend ANY PFs...

Anybody wonder who LO is guarding when he crashes the boards? Why is he so close to the rebound when his man is on the perimeter???

Guy is a gifted rebounder...that's not his primary job...I don't ask Smush to post up and I wouldn't ask Mihm to lead the team in assists...

LO's stats are a byproduct of God-given talent...he is YET to take those talents and assert himself...consistently, at least...that indicates a mental weakness to me, something I refuse to laud....
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
dirka, I'm not trying to knock Lamar and say Kwame's a better player than him right now. That's ludicrous.

I'm saying I like Lamar at the three. I like him in his initiator/high post role. I don't like him having to bang down low against the really big guys. I don't want him to have to do that.

It's kinda like asking who our best small forward is. Lamar? If we're going to ask this about all our players who have played at the 3 this year, then it would have to be Kobe. But I would rather not see Kobe play at the three even though I know he can do it and do it well. Hell, the guy is arguably the best two in the entire league.

hey I agree, I'd rather play LO at SF as well...no qualms there, but I still think LO is a better post player than Kwame at this point...I believe in Kwame and hope he's starting to get it, but to say he's a better PF than LO right now seems to be jumping the gun a bit.

he's asking who's a better PF, I think LO...not that I "want" him to play there, but if it meant getting artest without giving up Lamar, and having them both play, well heck...I'd want LO in the lineup. Personally I'd move Kwame over to C and start LO at PF and give him whatever help we can defending elite PF's in this league.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
lakertim wrote:

That's taking a snapshot of the argument and presenting it as the whole...

Not fair...

Kwame and LO are on different playing fields because of time in the offense, time with the team and pressure to prove something...

Let's not forget these stats:

6'11 270lbs. vs 6'10 230lbs.

Those 40 lbs make a difference whether you want them to or not...

But hey, you can have it...LO is a better PF...even though he doesn't consider himself a PF...

Last edited by GameCock-MD on Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

IMO, Kwame's our best big man (PF/C), that's not even considering the Dallas game. He'll eventually have those type of games (hopefully improve on rebounding as well) on a regular basis.
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
lakertim wrote:

Not fair...

Kwame and LO are on different playing fields because of time in the offense, time with the team and pressure to prove something...

But hey, you can have it...LO is a better PF...even though he doesn't consider himself a PF...

actually he considers himself versatile, able to give minutes at ANY position on the floor

the only thing I see Kwame doing better than Lamar at the PF spot is playing better on the man D...thats a big deal, but its not like Kwames performing there at an all star level, he's doing a decent job....every other area Kwame is way underperforming until this very last game.

if he gets it together then great, I sure hope so.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject:

hey Cookie got some votes!!! Cook's family must be LG members!!!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject:

I want to know how Cook ended up with 2 votes!!!!
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject:

lakertim wrote:
I want to know how Cook ended up with 2 votes!!!!

I just told you!
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
lakertim wrote:

Not fair...

actually he considers himself versatile, able to give minutes at ANY position on the floor

the only thing I see Kwame doing better than Lamar at the PF spot is playing better on the man D...thats a big deal, but its not like Kwames performing there at an all star level, he's doing a decent job....every other area Kwame is way underperforming until this very last game.

Ok...maybe this will help...

Who's the best PG on the Lakers???

Kobe
Smush
Sasha

Kobe should get ZERO votes because he IS NOT A PG!!!

I don't care that he can pass and dribble...that does NOT make him a PG!!!!

Now do you get it???
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
lakertim wrote:

Not fair...

Ok...maybe this will help...

Who's the best PG on the Lakers???

Kobe
Smush
Sasha

Kobe should get ZERO votes because he IS NOT A PG!!!

I don't care that he can pass and dribble...that does NOT make him a PG!!!!

Now do you get it???

no because I dont believe the game truley breaks down into a set C/PF/SF/SG/PG traditional layout like you do...guys can play multiple positions and in many offenses there are no traditional PG's or C's, etc...

its a game of 5 on 5, put your best out on the floor...your thinking here is too rigid for my tastes is all.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Dirka,

That doesn't mean that there aren't a traditional set of positions!!!

I agree that in crunch time, you put your best five out there..

But that's not the issue...

The question is about PFs...not what you think they should be...

A PF is a post defender, rebounder, scorer, has a post game that is predicated on physicality and strength combined with agility...it requires on avg a certain body type or strength to compensate for the lack of physical dimensions...

LO is a natural SF...
Kwame is a natural PF...

How about now???
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

The question is about PFs...not what you think they should be...

A PF is a post defender, rebounder, scorer, has a post game that is predicated on physicality and strength combined with agility...it requires on avg a certain body type or strength to compensate for the lack of physical dimensions...

LO is a natural SF...
Kwame is a natural PF...

How about now???

ok ok, I get your point, but according to your criteria I still pick Lamar...he's a much better all around post player than Kwame right now...that can change quick if Kwame starts playing with a purpose like he did last night. Until he does that over an extended period of time I'm just sorry my man, Lamar has to be given the nod. Its not like Lamar is short, he's 6 10 for gawds sake!

I see Kwames winning the poll so far, but I'm not alone in thinking LO is a better PF right now...I think some people are voting with their hearts and I know Lamar has taken a ton of critical comments from many LG'ers since he's been here so I can see why.

We'll just have to agree to disagree...I do think Kwame has the TOOLS to be a much better PF than Lamar, but he hasn't proved a damn thing yet.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: