Best PF on the Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best PF?
LO
41%
 41%  [ 30 ]
Kwame
47%
 47%  [ 35 ]
Mihm
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Cook
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 73

AV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject:

It's LO and I'll go one further Kwame is our best Center
Everyone wants to make LO this point forward Scottie Pippen player it's not going to happen it's not in his mind to be that player....the Lakers recent run LO has seen heavy minutes at the PF and Kwame at Center now that he is back, they just play better in this position.
The whole LO gets killed on Defense is simply not true, LO matches up well against almost every other PF in the League aside from the elite which is only a very small number of PFs he is just as much a defensive liability at the SF position against elite SF ie TMac etc and he doesn't get into the offensive flow at that position either so when at SF he is both a defensive and offensive liability.....they both play better when at the 4 and 5 respectively all though logic seems to scream they should be at the 3 and 4.....but instead of playing them where we want to play them shouldn't we play them where they are most comfortable? Hands down LO is our best PF and Kwame our best Center
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject:

lakertim wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
lakertim wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
OH HEY, LOOK WHOSE STARTING AT PF TONIGHT!!! AND GUESS WHO COULDN"T GUARD HIM!!! LOOK HOW WE'RE DOING.

Are we still at this?

Dirka, maybe you and GameCock can move next door to each other and squabble over the back fence.

sorry I couldnt help myself ;P

btw gasol hasnt done anything at all yet.

OK, now I can't help myself. Odom has another solid game, mostly at PF. Gasol ends up with 10 points. Yup, LO's a lousy PF!!!

I guess you guys didn't watch the game...

LO on Pau? He got burnt or scored over...
Mihm on Pau? Decent job...

Kwame is the guy who shut Pau down because Pau is REAL light in the behind...

Pau is the same as LO...weak in the post...he has MUCH better post moves but he needs a few thousand steaks before he can bang with the big boys in the paint....
AV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject:

I think the record and where peopel have been logging minutes speaks for itself, this really isn't debatable
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject:

GameCock,

Give it up! LO guarded Pau well (as did Mihm). Kwame didn't play much on Pau.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject:

lakertim wrote:
GameCock,

He'll never admit that Lamar at the 4 forced Memphis to go small because he couldn't score or even guard Lamar. Fratello was forced to play Gasol at the 5 to keep him from fouling out.
heineken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject:

You can always change defensive matchups. But Kwame at PF on offense just scares me. Until you either move Mihm to PF or Kwame figures out a post game... Give me LO at PF. I know it isn't the solution but I will take it until a better one arrives. Simply stated Cook scares me at PF.. Kwame at PF looks completely lost offensively... LO has some defensive problems but put him on the lesser of the 2 other team's bigs and I will take that. I am not saying Kwame can't figure out how to play PF or that Mihm would not be able to play PF but I definitely like Kwame at center right now than at PF.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
lakertim wrote:
If LO played 27 minutes and had 12 pts 4 rbds and 3 assts, you'd all say he sucked. Seems the bar is mighty low for Kwame.

BINGO. Kwame may some day be light years better at PF but today? lmao.

That's taking a snapshot of the argument and presenting it as the whole...

Not fair...

Kwame and LO are on different playing fields because of time in the offense, time with the team and pressure to prove something...

Let's not forget these stats:

6'11 270lbs. vs 6'10 230lbs.

Those 40 lbs make a difference whether you want them to or not...

But hey, you can have it...LO is a better PF...even though he doesn't consider himself a PF...
Have to agree, if it was Lamar that took that KVH charge, Lamar would be out with the bruised hip. Kwame's contributions are size and defense, the statisticians are shorting him on blocks, but that's OK, he changes almost every shot he contests. Anyone watching closely would notice that Lamar is much more productive, and comfortable, away from the basket, rather than setting up on the block.

Kwame at the 4, and Lamar at the 3 just redistributes Lamar's stats, it doesn't eliminate them.

However, having the flexibility to interchange parts to suit situations, on the court, considering injuries, foul situation, etc. A front line of Lamar, Kwame, Mihm, will work when Kwame gets more comfortable in the offense, and Kobe Lamar, Kwame works, especially when Chris gets into foul trouble. Phil has been handling these situational substitutions brilliantly, lately, and the bottom line is, and the answer to the question is.. IT DEPENDS ON THE SITUATION AND MATCH-UPS
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject:

lakertim wrote:
I think one thing you have to think about is what type of flexibility you would have. I would prefer to send Mihm and DG in order to preserve the ability to create matchup hell for opponents. Imagine these options:

Big

Bynum
Kwame
Odom
Artest
Kobe

Small

Odom
Artest
Kobe
Sasha
Smush

Kobe on the Bench

Kwame
Odom
Walton
Artest
Smush/Sasha

I think retaining Odom gives us much more offensive firepower than a Mihm Kwame combo up front.
That's all well and good, but this is the wrong thread, this one's not about blowing up team chemistry by getting Ron Artest, it's a question about our existing PFs.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
lakertim wrote:
GameCock,

He'll never admit that Lamar at the 4 forced Memphis to go small because he couldn't score or even guard Lamar. Fratello was forced to play Gasol at the 5 to keep him from fouling out.

I don't have to prove it to you...

When the coaches and players put it out there for you in the papers, I want a full apology...and they will...

Kwame is LA's best PF...you will see...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: