What's the worst neighbordhood you've been to / lived in?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The End Game
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Conker wrote:
WOPR wrote:
Martin Luther King Blvd

There's one here nearby where I'm from. Between Homestead and Florida City. It's really a bad neighborhood around that that road and Lucy St.

Most neighborhoods that are along Martin Luther King Jr Blvd are bad neighborhoods....
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject:

The End Game wrote:
Conker wrote:
WOPR wrote:
Martin Luther King Blvd

There's one here nearby where I'm from. Between Homestead and Florida City. It's really a bad neighborhood around that that road and Lucy St.

Most neighborhoods that are along Martin Luther King Jr Blvd are bad neighborhoods....

Go figure...
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject:

A suburban bubble infested with nutjobs and idiots.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject:

<----Where I'm at right now lol.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Compton in 60s wasn't bad until the very end when we started to get threatened a lot.
Bell Gardens in the 78 was kind of scary. Only lived there a short while and got chased by small hispanic gangs a couple of times.
Lawndale in 86 or 87 was also a bit scary.
San Leandro in 96-97 was ugly and I slept with a gun under my pillow.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Compton in 60s wasn't bad until the very end when we started to get threatened a lot.
Bell Gardens in the 78 was kind of scary. Only lived there a short while and got chased by small hispanic gangs a couple of times.

Why were gangs chasing you?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

Probably because I was white and walking through their territory. Didn't wait around to ask.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

Probably because I was white and walking through their territory. Didn't wait around to ask.

That's a stupid reason. Why were you living in that area anyway?

Also, isn't keeping a gun under your pillow kind of dangerous? Why not just put it on a table or something?

OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

That's a stupid reason. Why were you living in that area anyway?

Also, isn't keeping a gun under your pillow kind of dangerous? Why not just put it on a table or something?

I was living in Bell Gardens because it was that or under a bridge somewhere. We don't always have great choices. A friend was allowing me to crash there and I was damned grateful for it.
The guy living across from me in San Leandro was beaten almost to death in a home invasion and I needed to be sure that the gun was handy.
WOPR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
under a bridge

Red Hot Chili Peppers are awesome!
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
I assumed the OP meant in the US, but I've been to neighborhoods in the Philippines that make Tijuana look like Beverly Hills. There is some severe poverty over there.

I've rolled through some (bleep) holes in in my young lifetime. Tijuana, for all the bad publicity it gets, "felt" safer than some places in south LA. Ever taken one of those midnight detours down figueroa when they close the 110 near Vernon?

And as for the Philippines, where the poverty is downright morbid, I never felt scared for my life when I walked those streets at night, despite hearing warnings about kidnappings (that always end with murder), out and out robbery, and straight up thuggery. My dad and I decided to step into this business to ask for directions. The place turned out to be a really seedy Karaoke/strip club combo. While my dad used the restroom, one of the saddest looking females I've ever met propped me for sex in the backroom.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject:

The End Game wrote:
Conker wrote:
WOPR wrote:
Martin Luther King Blvd

I lived somewhere between MLK Jr Blvd & Crenshaw and MLK Jr Blvd & La Brea when I was younger. Crappy place, but there were some hispanic neighbors at our apartment who were very nice.
LakersPark
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject:

I dont post much here but its an interesting thread and thought id post. I was born in 83 and lived in South Central off 104 st and Figueroa for the most of my childhood and I must say it was ghetto as f!@#! I remember when I was like 7 we were having a family party and it was on the side of the house with tables and stuff. Out of nowhere we hear what we though were m-80's. Well it turns out some dude down the street was shot and left in the middle of the street.

Then this other time this dude was being chased and we were watching it on the news and the fool stopped in front of our house and he went under the house. He basically crawled under there and we couldn't believe what was happening. The police called our house and told us not to move and too lock ourselves in a room upstairs. It was nuts, ill never forget it. To top it off, the house was haunted. We moved to East LA after that and then to the suburbs.

I recently bought a brand new house in Eastvale (off the 71 freeway near Chino) and it is too quiet here (knock on wood). Seriously though...Im friends with 3 neighbors and we will go out for a beer a few times a week and we are the only ones out. No one ever comes out. Its too quiet. I feel ghetto living here. lol Im not though..Im a college graduate but I just feel ghetto cause im mexican.lol
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
The East Bay (Oakland) is bad as well .... just awful

The po' shoot you even AFTER you have the cuffs on.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject:

LakersPark wrote:
I dont post much here but its an interesting thread and thought id post. I was born in 83 and lived in South Central off 104 st and Figueroa for the most of my childhood and I must say it was ghetto as f!@#! I remember when I was like 7 we were having a family party and it was on the side of the house with tables and stuff. Out of nowhere we hear what we though were m-80's. Well it turns out some dude down the street was shot and left in the middle of the street.

Then this other time this dude was being chased and we were watching it on the news and the fool stopped in front of our house and he went under the house. He basically crawled under there and we couldn't believe what was happening. The police called our house and told us not to move and too lock ourselves in a room upstairs. It was nuts, ill never forget it. To top it off, the house was haunted. We moved to East LA after that and then to the suburbs.

I recently bought a brand new house in Eastvale (off the 71 freeway near Chino) and it is too quiet here (knock on wood). Seriously though...Im friends with 3 neighbors and we will go out for a beer a few times a week and we are the only ones out. No one ever comes out. Its too quiet. I feel ghetto living here. lol Im not though..Im a college graduate but I just feel ghetto cause im mexican.lol

Welcome to LG! Hold on, wow, your house was haunted?! Tell me more about that.

LakersPark
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
LakersPark wrote:

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah it was haunted. I wont speak to much about it but when I was a kid I would always have nasty nightmares that involved a red figure that I thought was satan. Anyway, I only had them when we lived at that house and as a kid my mom said she felt a strong presence and I would sometimes freak out and she couldn't figure out why. I dont remember much of that but my mom and brother would hear steps every night going up and down the stairs, in the kitchen, and lights would turn on and off on their own.

A bunch of weird stuff went on in that house. At the moment my family still owns it but we rent it out. We think the couple that lives there is in the street pharmaceutical industry (drug dealers) cause they always pay cash and paid first and last months rent plus a deposit all cash. I think we rent it out for like $1,400 a month. Im surprised they have never complained about ghosts...If they have I probably haven't been told. That wasnt the last house I lived in that was haunted though. My house now feels very homey and I have never felt anything negative there. Im glad about that.
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Triumph wrote:
I assumed the OP meant in the US, but I've been to neighborhoods in the Philippines that make Tijuana look like Beverly Hills. There is some severe poverty over there.

I've rolled through some (bleep) holes in in my young lifetime. Tijuana, for all the bad publicity it gets, "felt" safer than some places in south LA. Ever taken one of those midnight detours down figueroa when they close the 110 near Vernon?

And as for the Philippines, where the poverty is downright morbid, I never felt scared for my life when I walked those streets at night, despite hearing warnings about kidnappings (that always end with murder), out and out robbery, and straight up thuggery. My dad and I decided to step into this business to ask for directions. The place turned out to be a really seedy Karaoke/strip club combo. While my dad used the restroom, one of the saddest looking females I've ever met propped me for sex in the backroom.

And then?
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject:

LakersPark wrote:
C M B wrote:
LakersPark wrote:

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah it was haunted. I wont speak to much about it but when I was a kid I would always have nasty nightmares that involved a red figure that I thought was satan. Anyway, I only had them when we lived at that house and as a kid my mom said she felt a strong presence and I would sometimes freak out and she couldn't figure out why. I dont remember much of that but my mom and brother would hear steps every night going up and down the stairs, in the kitchen, and lights would turn on and off on their own.

A bunch of weird stuff went on in that house. At the moment my family still owns it but we rent it out. We think the couple that lives there is in the street pharmaceutical industry (drug dealers) cause they always pay cash and paid first and last months rent plus a deposit all cash. I think we rent it out for like $1,400 a month. Im surprised they have never complained about ghosts...If they have I probably haven't been told. That wasnt the last house I lived in that was haunted though. My house now feels very homey and I have never felt anything negative there. Im glad about that.

Hey, ghost, just because you float above the floor and pass through walls don't mean you don't have to cough up some rent money. I know your kind: broken windows, dusty spider webs, and those chains - those rattling chains! Honestly, I wish you ghosts would just freakin die already. Rot in Hell you freakin specters. ROT IN HELL!!
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Nickerson Gardens.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
C M B wrote:
Triumph wrote:

And then?

Did you mean "sad" in the sense that she became visibly upset upon seeing you, or "sad" in the sense that she was ugly?

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
C M B wrote:
Triumph wrote:

And then?

Wellsir, I told her that as much I wanted to make her the luckiest 9-fingered, one legged hooker in the world, and that although I do adore the clap, my dad and I had to get going.

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject:

LakersPark wrote:
C M B wrote:
LakersPark wrote:

Man, that's creepy. I'd love to hear more about the haunting if you're willing to talk about it.

As for the drug dealers renting your house now, ain't no ghosts important enough when it comes to the count.

Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject:

Lived near Queensbridge Projects.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
LakersPark wrote:
C M B wrote:
LakersPark wrote:

Man, that's creepy. I'd love to hear more about the haunting if you're willing to talk about it.
As for the drug dealers renting your house now, ain't no ghosts important enough when it comes to the count.

Man, I don't know if I'm comfortable with that. This whole thing kinda freaks me out. If this were a tv show I would turn the channel. But I guess it's ok to talk about it so we can all share our experiences, and I am anxious to hear more. Did you ever see the ghost?
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject:

East Hastings in Vancouver. looks straight out of a video game. It makes Skid Row look like Beverly Hills.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: