What's the worst neighbordhood you've been to / lived in?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject:

stacato wrote:
Nickerson Gardens.

my pops calls in "N-word in the garden" ........
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
Pow Gasol wrote:
Tijuana.

end thread.
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Rio
Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject:

I was just talking to a friend who's wife used to live near national city. A drug dealer died on her front doorstep.. and people would leave all these flowers and trinkets on her front doorstep paying homage to him..

they still do this every year.. LOL..

it was at that point they were like.." yeah.. we live in the ghetto.. "
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject:

did I mention he was shot dead by the police?
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Florence and Normandy.

Sincerely,

Reginald Denny
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Florence and Normandy.

Sincerely,

Reginald Denny

C'mon, that was an aberration. There were riots during that time...it's not like people get pulled out of their vehicles and bludgeoned on a normal daily basis.

Normally they just get shot and killed.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
:Worthy Mamba Magic:
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject:

I lived on Hillcrest and Manchester in Inglewood in 95-98. Now it wasn't great but it wasn't as awful as some would believe. I lived there for a couple years while going to High School at Westchester. The ghetto bird would be out and cops around constantly. The things is it wasn't that bad to me. I'm a white kid from the SFV so it was a different feel but I was able to enjoy my time. Best part was I was a couple blocks from the forum.

Illiterate's could read the literature in my scriptures...
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject:

:Worthy Mamba Magic: wrote:
I lived on Hillcrest and Manchester in Inglewood in 95-98. Now it wasn't great but it wasn't as awful as some would believe. I lived there for a couple years while going to High School at Westchester. The ghetto bird would be out and cops around constantly. The things is it wasn't that bad to me. I'm a white kid from the SFV so it was a different feel but I was able to enjoy my time. Best part was I was a couple blocks from the forum.

I was born there. Daniel Freeman Hospital. Went to kindergarten at the adjacent St. Johns school. I lived in one of the apartments near the Prarie Medical Group. We moved when I was 5 because my parents hated the ghetto. I remember people honking and dancing thru the streets after the Lakers won the championship across the street.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject:

What does the phrase "ghetto bird" mean?
:Worthy Mamba Magic:
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

I was born there. Daniel Freeman Hospital. Went to kindergarten at the adjacent St. Johns school. I lived in one of the apartments near the Prarie Medical Group. We moved when I was 5 because my parents hated the ghetto. I remember people honking and dancing thru the streets after the Lakers won the championship across the street.

I was born at St. Johns in Santa Monica. I live at that same spot in 80-84 but really don't remember much at all. My family moved to the valley (North Hollywood) and I lived there till 92. My parents divorced and mom got the Inglewood Condo. I stayed there weekends but eventually moved in full time in 95. Daniel Freeman is where everyone went at school when they fell out. It was a weird hospital back then. Had a very campy feel. I miss that Marina Del Rey area how it was. As I'm writing this Ahmad "Back in the day" is going thru me head. Good times. What high school you go to??

Illiterate's could read the literature in my scriptures...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:

Police helicopter
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject:

I've lived in compton for 20 years. So here, compton.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject:

I lived in the hood of Irvine.
grimmz4764
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject:

forzaCOREA wrote:
I'm a socal native.. but right now I'm up north for work. I always hear bad stories about Oakland.. but I didnt think much of it. Went to a korean bar in oakland, it was on telegraph ave. Anyways I get pretty drunk so I step outside to get fresh air/sober up and while I'm waiting outside a older model suv rolls up, looks like maybe a trailblazer, and that guy sticks his gun out points it at me, pulls the trigger, the gun clicks like it was empty, and he laughs and speeds off.. to be honest I didnt even have time to react it was just one of those WTF just happened moments.. so yeah I'm going to have to say Oakland. This happened maybe a week and half ago.

Few weeks before that another guy tried to start a fight with me while I was about to get in my car, my license plate has La Lakers, and on the back car window I have car decal of LA for the dodgers, anyways guy tries to pick a fight with me cause im from LA.. his friends intervened.. he mustve been drunk. and yes this is in Oakland..

so my pick is for OAKLAND, EFF YOU OAKLAND.

im living in the castro valley/hayward area though.. this place is ghetto as heck.. liquor store/gun store on every corner.. damn i miss LOS ANGELES.

Which place was this at? I always hear stories like this, but nothing ever happens when I'm at them.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

I was born at St. Johns in Santa Monica. I live at that same spot in 80-84 but really don't remember much at all. My family moved to the valley (North Hollywood) and I lived there till 92. My parents divorced and mom got the Inglewood Condo. I stayed there weekends but eventually moved in full time in 95. Daniel Freeman is where everyone went at school when they fell out. It was a weird hospital back then. Had a very campy feel. I miss that Marina Del Rey area how it was. As I'm writing this Ahmad "Back in the day" is going thru me head. Good times. What high school you go to??

Millikan in Long Beach.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
h2omike wrote:

Police helicopter

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject:

RMurphy_22 wrote:
Newport Beach...crazy ignorant stuck up scared white folks, be careful out there.

I said worst neighborhood, not best neighborhood.

kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject:

chef wrote:
East Hastings in Vancouver. looks straight out of a video game. It makes Skid Row look like Beverly Hills.

that place is bad
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Took a wrong turn in New York once and ended up in a very bad part of Harlem. Not cool at all, very bad vibe and a lot of furniture being used in the street and I am not talking patio chairs.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject:

chef wrote:
East Hastings in Vancouver. looks straight out of a video game. It makes Skid Row look like Beverly Hills.

not this east hastings right?

http://www.google.com/maps?q=East+Hastings+in+Vancouver&hl=en&ll=49.279761,-123.049321&spn=0.000014,0.021286&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.313287,87.1875&hq=East+Hastings+in+Vancouver&radius=15000&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=49.279664,-123.04932&panoid=YP_f4sZmyeYrGwroOnlkyA&cbp=12,112.15,,0,1.65

cause anytime an alley looks that clean the neighborhood cant be but so bad.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject:

now this is the hood.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Watts,+Los+Angeles,+CA&hl=en&ll=33.940654,-118.238554&spn=0.000071,0.085144&sll=49.280488,-123.050587&sspn=0.006565,0.021286&oq=los+angeles++wa&hnear=Watts,+Los+Angeles,+California&t=m&z=14&layer=c&cbll=33.940648,-118.238418&panoid=ZWfg00jqRnXa4qMUJ6Qz6w&cbp=12,310.75,,0,11.7

& this is the hood. look at the bar gates with the spikes on top. when you have to do that to keep out the crazies. you know you're in the hood.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=los+angeles+,ca+watts&hl=en&ll=33.942696,-118.25535&spn=0.000009,0.010643&sll=49.279664,-123.04932&sspn=0.006957,0.021286&hnear=Watts,+Los+Angeles,+California&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=33.942696,-118.25535&panoid=POvsK5J_saiCdMiEpzmKcA&cbp=12,119.68,,0,11.12

Last edited by postandpivot on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
travanx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject:

I live across from Staples, close enough to Skid Row. I find it hard to imagine a homeless place being worse than Skid Row. Even though this area is supposedly nice, called South Park, this was the first time I have seen someone openly selling drugs in the daytime like nothing. In fact most of the South Park area is pretty nasty once Staples and LA Live shutdown for the night.

But my first time seeing everything else, hookers and everything, in the daytime was driving through Compton taking a "shortcut" up Figueroa from Torrance up to Glendale.

Now for my worst I have ever seen outside of Socal? I recently was in Cambodia. I find it hard to believe there are many worse places than that. Africa is the only thing I can think of. But it sure looked like those late night commercials asking for money, except the adults have most of their limbs blown off from land mines. So you have little 5 year old girls dancing in the streets getting freaky with the clubgoers. Just unreal until you have seen it firsthand.

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
chef wrote:

that place is bad
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
chef wrote:

that place is bad

That's where Snow came from.
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject:

Hollywood... I was born and raised in Hollywood and if you all take a good look... it's pretty ugly as far as scenery and architecture (lack of trees and too much ugly graffiti on commercial buildings back in the day). Well, this compares to other nice neighborhoods I lived in.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: