Source: Bulls still interested in trading for Gasol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject:

Noah is a great player and definitely someone that every team wants. Except he would be a bad fit for our current roster. Pau has been taking lots of jumpers. Surprise surprise, he's trying to stretch the floor for Andrew to operate in the middle. There really isn't a lot on the Bulls roster that would fit into our current build aside from Rose. I'd also take Deng but is Deng + fillers worth it for Pau? Probably not.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
LakerFan4 wrote:
Pblaze wrote:
Noah is owed more money than Pau so I doubt the Lakers take on that contract.

Hi just turned 27 yrs old and his salary is reasonable but I didn't realize how long his contract is.

2011-12 - $10,000,000
2012-13 - $11,050,000
2013-14 - $12,100,000
2014-15 - $13,150,000
2015-16 - $14,200,000

I don't care I would take Noah, that would be an upgrade for the Lakers, as he HUSTLES, plus the Lakers would reduce the yearly payroll...

Noah is a hustle player but he pretty much sucks. The only thing the Bulls have of quality is Rose... Out side of that they are a hustle team but I don't want any of those scrubs in LA...

JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Noah is a hustle player but he pretty much sucks. The only thing the Bulls have of quality is Rose... Out side of that they are a hustle team but I don't want any of those scrubs in LA...

Yet, the suck out loud cast held Orlando to a franchise record 59 points without their only quality player.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject:

I'm of the minority that doesn't hate Boozer.
He's still a top 10-15 PF, can board and shoot at a very high %.
You don't have to run set plays for him and he's a team player. (no ego)

Yes his contract is longer than I would like. But I would look at a base of Deng and Boozer for Pau.
If you can dump Metta and Blake in the deal and maybe get Brewer back for a backup for Kobe. I think that's a good starting point for negotiating a deal

Yes Boozer doesn't have that killer instinct, but if he's your 4th or 5th best player on your team, then that's saying something about your team.

---George Carlin
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject:

Mark_in_Tulsa wrote:

Yes his contract is longer than I would like. But I would look at a base of Deng and Boozer for Pau.
If you can dump Metta and Blake in the deal and maybe get Brewer back for a backup for Kobe. I think that's a good starting point for negotiating a deal

Yes Boozer doesn't have that killer instinct, but if he's your 4th or 5th best player on your team, then that's saying something about your team.

I kinda agree. But if he made $5 million and you bring him off the bench cool. But he is way over paid for an undersized PF. ...

Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Bulls still very interested in trading for Gasol

LakerFan4 wrote:
I wonder if the Lakers would take Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson instead of Boozer.

Quote:
Chicago's talks with the Los Angeles Lakers regarding Pau Gasol before the trade deadline never got too far, largely because the Lakers had no interest in taking back Carlos Boozer ... and because the Bulls weren't about to find a third team willing to join the talks to absorb the three years and $47 million remaining on Boozer's deal to help Chicago get the Spaniard.

File this away, though.

Sources with knowledge of Chicago's thinking told ESPN.com that Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf was prepared last week to go into the luxury tax if necessary if a legit trade scenario involving Gasol had materialized.

Which suggests that the Bulls, if they're that high on Pau, are bound to try to trade for him again.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-120323-24/weekend-dime-scouts-lakers-knicks-more

Which is fine and dandy, but if they were that high on Gasol and willing to go into the luxury tax area...then why didn't he? He can pay lip service to wanting Gasol, but not if it means losing a combination of players it would take to get Gasol. So I'm not so certain the Bulls were that serious...at least for this year. They have a great team right now. They don't want to mess that chemistry up by adding a core player like Gasol. Next year? Maybe. Then there would be enough time to work out the chemistry.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject:

Mark_in_Tulsa wrote:

Boozer will be relegated to shooting jump shots on this team which Pau does pretty well. The difference will be the height that Pau brings, his great passing, and the better defense. So I guess will the difference of Deng as our starting SF be enough to trump what we lose with Boozer? It's a tough one considering all of the other factors such as contract.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject:

shaqobe2000 wrote:
Gasol's value is diminishing by the game. everyone thought he's gonna turn it around after the trade dead line but still the same soft Gasol i believe if Chicago indeed makes a play for him it's their owner's call, there's no way Thebodeur(sp) wants this softy on his team.

You must be KIDDING. Pau's #'s since the trade:

MIN FG% REB ASSITS BLOCKS PTS
34.6 .609 10.0 2.6 1.2 18.6

He is clearly the best passing big in the game. He is getting these #'s and is our 3RD OPTION.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject:

They have a combination of 4 players I wouldn't mind having.

1. Boozer
2. Noah
3. Deng
4. Gibson
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
shaqobe2000 wrote:
Gasol's value is diminishing by the game. everyone thought he's gonna turn it around after the trade dead line but still the same soft Gasol i believe if Chicago indeed makes a play for him it's their owner's call, there's no way Thebodeur(sp) wants this softy on his team.

You must be KIDDING. Pau's #'s since the trade:

MIN FG% REB ASSITS BLOCKS PTS
34.6 .609 10.0 2.6 1.2 18.6

He is clearly the best passing big in the game. He is getting these #'s and is our 3RD OPTION.

And everyone attacks Pau to death. If Brown did not use him as a jump shooter his numbers would even be higher.

He is a top 5 PF in this league. Obviously a guy like Aldrich would be great but we are not getting him any time soon...

Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject:

why do all these stupid trade rumors keep appearing in the Lounge? What the hell is the FA and Trade forum for?

Mods, start banning people for posting this (bleep) here. That'll fix the problem.
bodyrock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Only if the deal involves Tom Thibodeau coming to L.A.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject:

I'm one of the people who doesn't think it's a given LA looks to trade Pau in the offseason. I get the tax issues, but if LA is showing ability to win it all, I think Mitch/Jim/Jerry look to fill some small pieces (a shooter/ bench scorer) and give it a whirl next year.

With Sessions, Pau's value skyrockets. He's a fantastic P&R big who can score on the roll or the jumper, and he's one of the best passing bigs in the game, so even if you jump Sessions, Pau facilitates with the ball.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject:

(bleep) boozer and his weird ass hair.

i wouldnt trade pau for anyone on the bulls right now. a lot of his skills go unappreciated. pau is still very much an elite pf in the league right now and boozer cant even begin to sniff his taint.
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
deal wrote:

Yet, the suck out loud cast held Orlando to a franchise record 59 points without their only quality player.

Whole is greater than sum of its parts. Great defensive system they have in place there but th talent on that team is pretty lacking.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
I'm one of the people who doesn't think it's a given LA looks to trade Pau in the offseason. I get the tax issues, but if LA is showing ability to win it all, I think Mitch/Jim/Jerry look to fill some small pieces (a shooter/ bench scorer) and give it a whirl next year.

With Sessions, Pau's value skyrockets. He's a fantastic P&R big who can score on the roll or the jumper, and he's one of the best passing bigs in the game, so even if you jump Sessions, Pau facilitates with the ball.

They want to see Noah play PF with BYNUM!

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH

1 word to describe Noah's PF game: EYE BLEEDING!
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

I agree. There is no reason to trade Pau (unless someone offers an incredible deal). Come next year (do not want to look to far ahead), hopefully Ramon excercises the last year on his contract. We would then have the MLE and LO's TE available to make moves. We have a real shot to win this year, and next year we may even be better.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject:

I love Gasol. I don't think there is a better more skilled and versatille big man in the league. He can do it all, score, rebound, block shots and is a excellent passer. He has adapted beautifully with the emergence of Andrew. The only weakness he has shown lately is his defense at times. I am not eager to trade Pau by any means. It would have to be a great deal for the Lakers to trade Pau.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject:

We have a competent point guard, now. There is no reason to trade Pau; especially to Chicago.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject:

LakerFan4 wrote:
They have a combination of 4 players I wouldn't mind having.

1. Boozer
2. Noah
3. Deng
4. Gibson

They are solid player. However, at what cost we give them to take those players.

I don't see any of those players mentioned worth to trade Bynum or Pau for, unless they come in stack of 3 (like Pau for Boozer, Deng, and Gibson or Bynum for all of them).
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject:

LakerFan4 wrote:
I love Gasol. I don't think there is a better more skilled and versatille big man in the league. He can do it all, score, rebound, block shots and is a excellent passer. He has adapted beautifully with the emergence of Andrew. The only weakness he has shown lately is his defense at times. I am not eager to trade Pau by any means.

I believe he will step it up in the playoffs this year. He got too much flack last year not too. He should know that if he doesn't, he is 100% out of LA (money dictates it, although getting rid of Luke, Fish, Kapono, and possibly amnesty Ron might have changed that dynamic). I think the only thing that can keep him in a Laker jersey is a deep playoff run and an all-star performance.

For the record, I love everything Pau has brought to this franchise. SUPER-PAU! <-- I was in Spain for the 2009 NBA Finals trying to keep my head down from seeing the score (I recorded the game) when I step onto the subway, grab a seat, and in the chair next to me was the headline on the front page: "SUPER-PAU leads Lakers to Victory". I was mixed with a few emotions i) pissed that I knew the outcome of the game ii) ecstatic that they won (I literally yelled in the subway) iii) loving Gasol for bringing a ring to LA iv) and realizing how much love Pau has in Spain. The guy is a rock star there (part of the reason I feel he can play second fiddle to Kobe while bringing so much to the table in LA).

So yeah... SUPER PAU!
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
24 wrote:

I agree. There is no reason to trade Pau (unless someone offers an incredible deal). Come next year (do not want to look to far ahead), hopefully Ramon excercises the last year on his contract. We would then have the MLE and LO's TE available to make moves. We have a real shot to win this year, and next year we may even be better.

I think it comes down to how deep we go in the playoffs. If this team goes deep (WCF or Finals), or even wins the title, I don't see them busting up the core. Sessions was a steal. We got a PG, one that seems to work well for this team...albeit it is too early to draw an definitive conclusions...for less than what we're paying Luke Walton. We moved Luke's and Kapono's contract for Sessions. Not only are we a much better team, we did it by reducing salary to boot!

Think about it, what would we trade Gasol for? Before we needed a PG, I get that part. I understand to get a decent PG we would need to cannibalize Pau. But as of now, we've fulfilled the PG need in SPADES! We don't need to sacrifice a core player to improve the team.

The money? Good point. However, you go deep into the playoffs and make the finals, especially win it all, then even the MONEY concern goes bye-bye.
lakergal16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

Agreed. Pau is one of the most versatile and skilled PFs to lace 'em up and knows how to work with a true PG like Sessions. He had subpar shooting night, but boarded, defended, and passed beautifully last night. Lakers usually lose or get blown out when both Kobe and Pau have off shooting nights. And personally, I'm quite emotionally attached to Pau and want to see him retire a Laker.
spamurai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject:

People want Boozer on this team?

http://www.imageleech.net/data/media/1/haha_oh_wow.jpg
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

But how long do you stick with that mentality until it finally shoots you in the foot? Eventually, probably not too far off, he's going to turn into a Garnett type with no value and Garnett was better at everything than Pau in his prime and he's only 3-4 years older than Pau. I mean do we keep Pau until his value is absolutely nothing?

We have Ramon and Andrew for the better part of the next 10 years, maybe I'm being a Kobe homer but I feel like he can be a big contribution for another 5. How long do you give Pau? Say we don't trade him this year, regardless of how we do in the playoffs and we keep him next year; are you really willing to risk his trade value and sacrifice being able to bring in young talent while we still can?

I wouldn't trade for Boozer to CHI though, if anything it would be for Deng+Noah package or not at all. There will be plenty of better opportunities to trade Pau for younger talent at positions that we can kind of hand pick.

I've posted about it a few times but I'm a huge supporter of trying to get a deal for Josh Smith. Sessions, Kobe, Artest, Smith, Bynum is SCARY on defense and if we could add some bench depth as well, yikes.

Last edited by Day on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: