How often do you actually watch the Laker games on TV?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How often do you actually watch the Laker games?
Every single game
61%
 61%  [ 67 ]
Most of them..maybe 4 out of 5 times
23%
 23%  [ 26 ]
Every other game
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Not very often, maybe get in 1 per week
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Very rarely, only when shown on National TV (ESPN or TNT)
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 109

ThaLakeShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: How often do you actually watch the Laker games on TV?

Just curious
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I cant miss a game. If i do well, i dont know cause i never miss a game. My girl is feeling neglected. I am like "Look, Its only 82 frickin days out of the year" And she all like "cant you record it and watch it later?". I said nothing after that as the conversation came to an end. Record it? can you believe the nerve of this woman.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Every game. If I can't watch it live, either because I'm not home, or my wife is going to get pissed, I just record it on my DVR and watch it later that night. I actually kind of prefer watching it on DVR, I can skip the pre-game bull, the commercials, halftime, and even some free throws, and get to the meat of the game.
Shapecity
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Most of them..maybe 4 out of 5 times.

The games I miss, you can count on DB to put into words.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm stuck on the Least Coast... LOL... so when the game is not National or playing one of the three local teams (which I believe is 34 games),.. I hit a local sports bar... where everybody is a Laker Hater...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DERN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject:

i watch every game, all 4quarters.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Only missed a handful of games since I started haunting sports bars back in the late 80s and then got myself a home satellite dish in the 90s. That's what being an east coast Laker fan will do for ya.

The only time I would miss a game now is if I'm out of town for whatever reason and just can't pull it together to find a place to watch the game.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Every game. If I can't watch it live, either because I'm not home, or my wife is going to get pissed, I just record it on my DVR and watch it later that night. I actually kind of prefer watching it on DVR, I can skip the pre-game bull, the commercials, halftime, and even some free throws, and get to the meat of the game.

i do the same thing. i find it makes the games more exciting. with no stupid commercials, trying to jam products down your throat, you don't get distracted or annoyed. all laker basketball.
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject:

i watch every game unless something weird or crazy happens...
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject:

every home game, and every nationally televised one
road games: combonation of streaming radio broadcasts + online scores (ESPN Gamecast)

i watch/listen from tip-off 'til the end of the game.

after the games I keep checking LG for DB & highlights

after losses, when all the piss & moaners/haters/trolls come out, I'll avoid LG until later in the night, because threads/posts made after a loss run like a broken record. Usually by morning there's a couple rationable/reasonable threads on the progression of the Lakers, with the all-caps-trade posts' frequency down by then.
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject:

I used to be able to watch every single game, but now since I go to grad school and work, there are very few games I get to see. We do have wifi in the classrooms so when I can get away with it (small classes and some profs care if you pay attention, even if you know the subject as well as they do) I'll check the boxscore. I need to take a look into that Chinese streaming broadcast program again.
heineken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject:

I don't miss any games thanks to Tivo and the NBA ticket. I look forward to watching all the games.
ThaLakeShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject:

I watch the majority of the games. I watch them always if they are Mon-Thurs or on Sunday. On Friday's and Saturday's i try to watch them but something else may come up. However, it has to be good for me to miss my beloved Lakers.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Most; I miss when I'm overseas or tending to my son's bedtime (in the latter, I'll miss a half typically).
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Every game, last year and this...did I say how much I love NBA League Pass???
Jacko
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject:

you guys r lucky.......cause live in L.A.
I only can watch it on national TV....
and I am too poor to have NBA league pass
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Every game that is on NBALP and National TV...

I'm so busy that I have a bunch of tapes that I need to convert to DVD so I can post them for ya'll...about 5 years worth!!!
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject:

ALso being an East Coaster Laker fan ... I love NBA League Pass. The only problem is ... I HATE watching the game using my DVR. I really want to watch live otherwise I tend to look up the score and pay less attention to the game. This means I am usually dog tired the day after
chinadoll
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject:

i try to watch every single game... but if i'm not at the game, or there isn't a tv around, i'll listen to the radio.
shane
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject:

as a broke student, during the regular season i watch only the games broadcasted locally on kcal since i don't normally have cable (i listen to the other games on the radio). if they make it to the playoffs, i subscribe to cable and cancel it after the playoffs are over.

this strategy also helps me justify the cost of actually going to a game every other month.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

I have been working a lot of night shifts these last 6 months or so, so I too DVR all the games I miss live. It is nice to be able to skip through the pre game and halftimes and commercials. It is also nice to be able to rewind and review certain plays over too. I also try to avoid "wife time" and watch after she goes to bed or something. LOL. I have probably only missed around 1 game per year for various reasons these last 5 or 6 years. League pass rules. Actually, since I am closest to Utah, when the Lakers play there that game is blacked out for me. So I usually miss one of those games played in Utah.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:
trmiv wrote:

I have been working a lot of night shifts these last 6 months or so, so I too DVR all the games I miss live. It is nice to be able to skip through the pre game and halftimes and commercials. It is also nice to be able to rewind and review certain plays over too. I also try to avoid "wife time" and watch after she goes to bed or something. LOL. I have probably only missed around 1 game per year for various reasons these last 5 or 6 years. League pass rules. Actually, since I am closest to Utah, when the Lakers play there that game is blacked out for me. So I usually miss one of those games played in Utah.

I've gotten to the point that when I do watch a game live, I get all restless during commercials and halftime because I can't fast-forward it. I'm the same way with TV shows now. Even if I can watch it when it comes on, I just record it and watch it later so I can skip commercials.
maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject:

mrdectown wrote:
I cant miss a game. If i do well, i dont know cause i never miss a game. My girl is feeling neglected. I am like "Look, Its only 82 frickin days out of the year" And she all like "cant you record it and watch it later?". I said nothing after that as the conversation came to an end. Record it? can you believe the nerve of this woman.

i can't miss a game either. i plan my friday or saturday nights around the games. league pass makes it possible. my fiancee doesn't enjoy the games like i do, so dvr comes in handy. but most of the time i luck out since i'm in atlanta, and 90% of the games start at 10:30 local time, right when she's getting ready for bed, so it works out great.

seeing that movie "fever pitch" helped her to understand me a bit more. i try to tell her i'm not alone here, but i am a damn fanatic. how the lakers play greatly effects my mood. i'm not sure if that's good or bad. maybe indifferent
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Well... the only option I can choose is "Every other game". That being... road games on KCAL9. I don't have cable so I miss every single home game. So that's 41... blah! Then road games... 41. So yeah! Every other game.

The only home games I can watch is if it's on ABC or something.
sickirony
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject:

because i live in Israel i miss almost every game because of the time difference and the fact that i only have ESPN here.... so far Ive seen lakers - Philadelphia , Lakers - Washington' and i listened to the game against Houston.
the biggest problem is the time differences, we have a +7 time difference between Israel and NY so almost every game i watch begins at something like 3 AM.... BIG problem..... you guys are lucky
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: