OFFICIAL 2012 FREE AGENCY THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1569, 1570, 1571 ... 2424, 2425, 2426  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Ira Winderman:

Quote:
With Nazr Mohammed leaning toward signing with Bulls as Asik replacement, Heat could become default option for Darko Milicic.

Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Rick12322 wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:
I really dont think Dwight comes here. I'm just not convinced Orlando wants to help the Lakers out in anyway. I see him going to Houston and then signing with Dallas next year. If a player says they dont want to play somewhere, I really doubt they do. Houston gets him only to lose him. Just my opinion.

When Chris Paul said he wouldn't stay with the Clippers everyone believed him but now he sounds like he wants to stay. Things can change. Dwight just might end up really liking playing with Lynn and the young ones. He will really like Kevin McHale who probably the perfect guy to develop Dwight's game.

He agreed to opt in before he was traded. That was part of the agreement.
You're gonna need to stop fabricating stories one of these days.
Your agenda is too obvious.

that's not what I heard. No one has a greater agenda than you,
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject:

As I recall Chris Paul promised the Clippers 2 years. Has something changed since then?
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4 wrote:
Ira Winderman:

Quote:
With Nazr Mohammed leaning toward signing with Bulls as Asik replacement, Heat could become default option for Darko Milicic.

Haha the Heat would have picks 1,2,4, and 5 from the 03 draft
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
55 wrote:
Rick12322 wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:
I really dont think Dwight comes here. I'm just not convinced Orlando wants to help the Lakers out in anyway. I see him going to Houston and then signing with Dallas next year. If a player says they dont want to play somewhere, I really doubt they do. Houston gets him only to lose him. Just my opinion.

When Chris Paul said he wouldn't stay with the Clippers everyone believed him but now he sounds like he wants to stay. Things can change. Dwight just might end up really liking playing with Lynn and the young ones. He will really like Kevin McHale who probably the perfect guy to develop Dwight's game.

Chillax. We've all seen your comments going back a few years, no poster in this forum has spent more time riding Bynum's jock strap more. Don't make me reach into your post history and put it on display here.
Franchise24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm watching the USA vs Argentina game...and I was thinking that would be great to sign Delfino to fill our backup SG spot...is he a free agent??
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Franchise24 wrote:
I'm watching the USA vs Argentina game...and I was thinking that would be great to sign Delfino to fill our backup SG spot...is he a free agent??

I think Celtics offered him a contract, no?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Franchise24 wrote:

Yes he is. Is he still fast though? He's 30 I think.
SteveMachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject:

E=MC² wrote:
Franchise24 wrote:

I think they're interested but haven't sent an offer.
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject:

SteveMachine wrote:
E=MC² wrote:
Franchise24 wrote:

After this game...someone will make him an offer no doubt.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject:

SteveMachine wrote:
E=MC² wrote:
Franchise24 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that stopped after they got Courteny Lee.
Franchise24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject:

E=MC² wrote:
SteveMachine wrote:
E=MC² wrote:
Franchise24 wrote:

After this game...someone will make him an offer no doubt.

that's what I was thinking...I hope it's us
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Franchise24 wrote:

Yes he is a free agent. I heard Boston was interested in signing him. They still have there Bi Annual Exception of $1.9M/Yr.
Franchise24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4 wrote:
Franchise24 wrote:

Yes he is a free agent. I heard Boston was interested in signing him. They still have there Bi Annual Exception of $1.9M/Yr.

Why would Boston due that? They already have Terry, Bradley, Lee, Pierce..
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject:

X wrote:
I had posted some stuff I had heard from a relative who works within AEG not too long ago. The info was verified legitimate, so I got a few more nuggets last night. Believe or not believe, I'm still willing to share.

-Lakers were THIS close to acquiring Howard a week and a half ago, until Orlando changed the terms and tried pushing Hedo onto LA at the very last minute. It really irked Jim Buss, who proceeded to give call Hennigan and give him a "verbal assault", from what I was told. Supposedly there's pretty much an unsaid "code" that goes along with trades and more importantly, "trade protocol" that teams stick to, and the fact that Orlando's newly minted GM had the audacity to bypass the "manners system" really infuriated Buss. Word is he handed Henn his lunch, much to Kupchak's chagrin.

-After that blow up, Orlando then changed their "wants" yet again, now focusing on wanting to get cheap expirings, rather than a proven player, along with multiple picks & cap relief. But the rumor was, they still indeed wanted the all star, AND the picks, cap relief, salary dumps, etc. That scared away EVERYONE, including Atlanta, and even Dallas(as if they could even muster a package to begin with), leaving the Lakers still there...and Houston. Word is, without the Rockets in the picture LA would've already had this trade completed, but now they're being leveraged against the Lakers.

-Howard vehemently does NOT want to play in Houston, period. Regardless of contract length incentives by staying with them, Dwight WILL get outta there after the lone season he'd have to play for the team. Morey knows this, and although nobody really knows what he's doing( some GMs and front office people around the league joke that it'd take a "rocket scientist" to understand the guy), his play might be to just muck things up..and maybe get either Howard with the inherit risk attached...or Bynum. One thing I know for certain, is he will NOT gut the entire team for either player.

-Cleveland really, really wants Andrew Bynum. They've been very proactive in trade talks, not resisting being the catalyst for LA to get Howard. They see it as a means to an end in order to pair up Drew along with Irving. They're absolutely in love with that prospect.

-Bynum is receptive to signing long term with either Houston or Cleveland, leaning more toward the Cavaliers. The rumors bug him, but he's certainly used to them and it doesn't make him very upset. He likes that he's wanted.

-Buss has definitely wanted to walk away from talks on numerous occasions, but Mitch has stepped in to calm the situation down.

-One last thing, I hear the Lakers will stay over the cap and will actually add if necessary these next couple seasons, to maximize Kobe's final opportunities to get more rings.

Man writing this on my phone totally was a chore.. well just wanted to let you know what I heard.

Practically everything i read in your post jibes with what i (possibly we) was thinking...thanks for sharing...share again soon!
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Franchise24 wrote:
LakerFan4 wrote:
Franchise24 wrote:

Yep, they actually needs bigs. Their front line is weak.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Rick12322 wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:

Yeah, CP3 never said he didn't want to play for the Clippers. Only that he preferred NY, then later the Lakers. He accepted the Clippers trade.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Franchise24 wrote:
LakerFan4 wrote:
Franchise24 wrote:

This was probably before they got Lee. They might be done now.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject:

E=MC² wrote:
Rick12322 wrote:
55 wrote:
Rick12322 wrote:
LakerVenom24 wrote:

Chillax. We've all seen your comments going back a few years, no poster in this forum has spent more time riding Bynum's jock strap more. Don't make me reach into your post history and put it on display here.

There's no need to act immature. I like his game, period. Extending it beyond that is immature and has no place on a good message board like this one.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject:

E=MC² wrote:
Franchise24 wrote:
LakerFan4 wrote:
Franchise24 wrote:

Yep, they actually needs bigs. Their front line is weak.

They just signed Jason Collins. They now have KG, Bass, Wilcox, Collins, Sullinger and Melo.
SteveMachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject:

What day do Chicago have to match Asik by?

Last edited by SteveMachine on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4 wrote:
Franchise24 wrote:

Damn those dirty Cs are trying to get everyone.

They're supposed to fade away for the next 20-30 years into insignificance but they keep coming back like green zombies!

Bye.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Who's putting out "misinformation" now, 55?

David Alridge wrote:
Quote:

Chris Paul will not commit to signing a contract extension after this season with either the Golden State Warriors or Los Angeles Clippers if he is traded to either team by the New Orleans Hornets,

LINK
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

SteveMachine wrote:
What day do Chicago have to match Asik by?

Tonight.
Franchise24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

Delfino got 9 and 4 on 36% from 3 last season, I think it fills our need nicely
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1569, 1570, 1571 ... 2424, 2425, 2426  Next
Page 1570 of 2426
Jump to: