NBA Las Vegas Summer League Discussion Thread (Schedule and Lakers Roster P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Summer League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Heyvoon24 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Heyvoon24 wrote:
Julian Khazzouh is a pretty good shooter with a quick release. Maybe we should give him a camp invite.

His passing scares the crap out of me, but he did show a nice outside shot.

I watched like 2 minutes of the game and he hit 2 threes so I can't say anything about his passing
was it really that bad?

My fear of his passing came from the earlier games where they got their butts kicked, although lack of any cohesive game plan and complete unfamiliarity with other players was likely a factor. Again - I missed a lot of tonight's game and had to watch the end live before backing it up on DVR.

Just for curiosity I backed it up - Kazzouh was much better tonight. He mostly played it safe, kept the ball moving around the perimeter, and only had one turnover as well. Several Lakers upped their game tonight and Kazzouh is one of them.

I still can't see him making the squad but who knows if he gets some DFender time and keeps improving?
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject:

RoughneckPS3 wrote:
Eyenga needs to be the shooting guard off the Lakers bench. Seriously, it's a luxury to play and develop behind a guy like Kobe Bryant. He won't have to contribute more than 10 minutes a game, and with the amount of stars the Lakers have he shouldn't have to force his offensive production.

He's going to be on the court with Jamison, Blake and Pau...so he shouldn't have to be an offensive threat. He needs to play defense, rebound and score easy baskets when he can.

I was rooting for him to succeed prior to summer league and I'm still rooting for him. He's a shooting guard/small forward. It's a position the Lakers need youth and athleticism coming off the bench.

Before tonight I'd have said no way on Eyenga. Tonight he showed lots of good cuts to the basket, long-distance range, and he actually had a pretty solid pass off penetration now and then. I didn't see any of this before. Totally mind-blowing turnaround by this guy. I thought that backup SG position was a battle between Glock and DJO. Eyenga had a far better game tonight than either of them has shown all tournament.

Eyenga's a gym rat. I look forward to seeing which SG improves most between now and October.
hellsling
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully Jim Buss's report on Eyenga's worth ethic is accurate. If Eyenga continues to improve I would just give him and Ebanks all of the backup SG/SF minutes. Eyenga and Morris already have guarantee contracts and are basically locked to be in next season's roster. Ebanks will be here too unless he gets traded for Dwight. I don't see Lakers carrying both Glock and DJO.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject:

ebanks and eyenga
we will have a very athletic bench.
If only sessions stayed ...
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
RoughneckPS3 wrote:
Eyenga needs to be the shooting guard off the Lakers bench. Seriously, it's a luxury to play and develop behind a guy like Kobe Bryant. He won't have to contribute more than 10 minutes a game, and with the amount of stars the Lakers have he shouldn't have to force his offensive production.

He's going to be on the court with Jamison, Blake and Pau...so he shouldn't have to be an offensive threat. He needs to play defense, rebound and score easy baskets when he can.

I was rooting for him to succeed prior to summer league and I'm still rooting for him. He's a shooting guard/small forward. It's a position the Lakers need youth and athleticism coming off the bench.

Before tonight I'd have said no way on Eyenga. Tonight he showed lots of good cuts to the basket, long-distance range, and he actually had a pretty solid pass off penetration now and then. I didn't see any of this before. Totally mind-blowing turnaround by this guy. I thought that backup SG position was a battle between Glock and DJO. Eyenga had a far better game tonight than either of them has shown all tournament.

Eyenga's a gym rat. I look forward to seeing which SG improves most between now and October.

Completely agree. Except for the Bolded. He has been a sleeper, had a monster Put back dunk in game one had me thinking, wow this dude is athletic!

But yes, tonight he showed something. Reminded me of Von Wafer with an actual brian... I like this dude.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject:

hellsling wrote:
Hopefully Jim Buss's report on Eyenga's worth ethic is accurate. If Eyenga continues to improve I would just give him and Ebanks all of the backup SG/SF minutes. Eyenga and Morris already have guarantee contracts and are basically locked to be in next season's roster. Ebanks will be here too unless he gets traded for Dwight. I don't see Lakers carrying both Glock and DJO.

I like this.

I had such high hopes for DJO and Glock but honestly, the cream rises to the top. Being that Eyenga and Morris are pretty much a lock to make at least our Pre-Season roster, I'd like to see how Sacre plays with the big boys too.
Lak3rs1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject:

I don't know what some of you see in Sacre, He's terrible.
RVCdesigns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Lak3rs1987 wrote:

Good fundamentals and somewhat above average potential. Basketball I.Q. is average to above average and has great strength below the waist to gain great post position. Overall, good upside, not to be confused with all star caliber type of player though. Can be compared in his peak to Gortat I would say.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject:

RVCdesigns wrote:
Lak3rs1987 wrote:

Good fundamentals and somewhat above average potential. Basketball I.Q. is average to above average and has great strength below the waist to gain great post position. Overall, good upside, not to be confused with all star caliber type of player though. Can be compared in his peak to Gortat I would say.

He is already better or equal to Kwame Brown who was a #1 pick....Just a thought.....

Damn, it was a deep draft year
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject:

Anyone else interested in seeing more of Julian Khazzouh? I like him a lot. Who knows more about him and/or who invited him to join us in SL?

Also liked Reeve Nelson. Hope we invite both to training camp.

Adam Morrison looked real good. I know he's playing for Clippers but can't we go after him since he isn't signed?
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject:

mttbk wrote:
I was at the Summer League Tuesday and Wednesday. Saw most of the teams. My observations will be based on Summer League talent.

The Rockets' picks look very good. White is extemely strong and is a great passer, but doesn't look for his shot first.

T Jones looks like he could end up an outstanding pro. Between his body and skill set, he should do very well. But, in the summer league, he didn't know what to do inside the Rockets' offense. He looked very passive most of the time.

Lamb looks like he's going to be a great shooter. He has extremely long arms. He looks like a very aggressive and strong(as in good) player.

They also have Montiejunas who looks like a very good scorer who is really quick. He isn't strong, but isn't weak.

I watched a lot of games. If you have a specific question about a player, let me know and I might be able to answer.

Only other guy I want to talk about is Damian Lillard. This guy looks awesome! Only saw 3/4 of the game but this guy is the whole package. He took contol of the whole offense and looks like an excellent leader. This guy has a perfect stroke, can drive the lane, and you can tell he has extreme confidence in his ability. He puts effort in on defense In my opinion, he wi be second or third in rookie of the year.

While I was sitting in Cox Pavillion, one row and five seats away was Klay Thompson. I was jokingly telling my wife that I should tell him that Kupcheck wants him to be a Laker. When he got up to get some nachos my wife said, "Hey Klay, Kupcheck wants you to be a Laker.". He said," Me too."

Here's the highlight of the game I was watching:
People kept shaking the hand of the guy in front of me. I figured he must be a scout, and I could see over his shoulder at his notes. I didn't see much just the players he was scouting, but then he took his smart phone out and I could read his text messages. He was scouting point guards. The only ones I could see were that the Miami Heat was not completely happy with Norris Cole. He's in the summer league to learn to be a pass first PG. Also, he had a text for Scott Machado. Next to his name it just said, "No". Finally, he flipped to another page on his phone and the text messages were going to Joe Dumars.

Nothing groundbreaking. Was hoping to get more, but that's all I could get. Just thought I share this with you.

I can't figure out all of Houston's all or nothing moves this off-season, but that stupid GM, like Boston's Angie and a couple others keep picking draft picks that I would have been hyping. Lamb and TJ! Even White, who I would not have taken, is still not a bad pick. He even went after Lin last year, okay, dropped the ball, but he did take a look.

Top of all that, he invites my late late second round choice, not our DJO or Sacre (not bad just not my first), but Scott Machado to SL! I disagree with that scout, right now Scotty M sure looks like more of a point than Morris.

Morris-AG-DJO-Sacre.. I wouldn't count on anything from that group, even though AG was such a superb shooter I still want to see a little more.

Ebanks and Eyenga, would like to see one improve this season. Hill too if he sticks, which looks unlikely with reports we are getting.
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject:

nelson is a great rebounder. i can look past his petty attitude problems/etc.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject:

I wish we drafted Josh Shelby instead of Goudelocke. Man that kid is on fire, 27.5 ppg, 59% fg, 70% 3p, 6 3 pointers a game. Plus that 3pointer he made while falling down, what a beauty. Any chance we can trade for him now?
stojan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Anyone else interested in seeing more of Julian Khazzouh? I like him a lot. Who knows more about him and/or who invited him to join us in SL?

Also liked Reeve Nelson. Hope we invite both to training camp.

Adam Morrison looked real good. I know he's playing for Clippers but can't we go after him since he isn't signed?

know quite alot about him actually. khazzouh is def not good enough for nba level.He is decent rebounder and can play downlow but is too weak to hold his own plus he is not very quick.

He also is a 5 man not a 4 so going to struggle. Average at best defender although a decent help defender.

overall it would be an absolute shock if he is even considered for the team

"I don't have the first clue who he is talking about, because all I worry about is Jerome."
mttbk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject:

_#1_ wrote:
mttbk wrote:
I was at the Summer League Tuesday and Wednesday. Saw most of the teams. My observations will be based on Summer League talent.

The Rockets' picks look very good. White is extemely strong and is a great passer, but doesn't look for his shot first.

T Jones looks like he could end up an outstanding pro. Between his body and skill set, he should do very well. But, in the summer league, he didn't know what to do inside the Rockets' offense. He looked very passive most of the time.

Lamb looks like he's going to be a great shooter. He has extremely long arms. He looks like a very aggressive and strong(as in good) player.

They also have Montiejunas who looks like a very good scorer who is really quick. He isn't strong, but isn't weak.

I watched a lot of games. If you have a specific question about a player, let me know and I might be able to answer.

Only other guy I want to talk about is Damian Lillard. This guy looks awesome! Only saw 3/4 of the game but this guy is the whole package. He took contol of the whole offense and looks like an excellent leader. This guy has a perfect stroke, can drive the lane, and you can tell he has extreme confidence in his ability. He puts effort in on defense In my opinion, he wi be second or third in rookie of the year.

While I was sitting in Cox Pavillion, one row and five seats away was Klay Thompson. I was jokingly telling my wife that I should tell him that Kupcheck wants him to be a Laker. When he got up to get some nachos my wife said, "Hey Klay, Kupcheck wants you to be a Laker.". He said," Me too."

Here's the highlight of the game I was watching:
People kept shaking the hand of the guy in front of me. I figured he must be a scout, and I could see over his shoulder at his notes. I didn't see much just the players he was scouting, but then he took his smart phone out and I could read his text messages. He was scouting point guards. The only ones I could see were that the Miami Heat was not completely happy with Norris Cole. He's in the summer league to learn to be a pass first PG. Also, he had a text for Scott Machado. Next to his name it just said, "No". Finally, he flipped to another page on his phone and the text messages were going to Joe Dumars.

Nothing groundbreaking. Was hoping to get more, but that's all I could get. Just thought I share this with you.

I can't figure out all of Houston's all or nothing moves this off-season, but that stupid GM, like Boston's Angie and a couple others keep picking draft picks that I would have been hyping. Lamb and TJ! Even White, who I would not have taken, is still not a bad pick. He even went after Lin last year, okay, dropped the ball, but he did take a look.
I agree with you seeing scott m In person I like him more that any of our backups. The game I saw he had good form shooting but didn't hit his shots but the next night he did. He gave good effort on D but was an outstanding passer, I liked him a lot.

Top of all that, he invites my late late second round choice, not our DJO or Sacre (not bad just not my first), but Scott Machado to SL! I disagree with that scout, right now Scotty M sure looks like more of a point than Morris.

Morris-AG-DJO-Sacre.. I wouldn't count on anything from that group, even though AG was such a superb shooter I still want to see a little more.

Ebanks and Eyenga, would like to see one improve this season. Hill too if he sticks, which looks unlikely with reports we are getting.
lukewood
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
I wish we drafted Josh Shelby instead of Goudelocke. Man that kid is on fire, 27.5 ppg, 59% fg, 70% 3p, 6 3 pointers a game. Plus that 3pointer he made while falling down, what a beauty. Any chance we can trade for him now?

i agree... Shelby would have been an excellent young addition to the team, but I think you will be surprised with Goudelocke. I have high hopes for him. Also, I got some last minute Vegas Coupons for some Vegas Hotels, and I was able to watch the Olympic basketball team practice in Vegas before the Olympics. I actually shook Kobe's hand, and it was one of the most epic days of my life.
amy19890619
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: How to get the best DVD to iPod Touch 5 .mp4 video

LaxT wrote:
Finnisher wrote:
LOS ANGELES LAKERS
Devin Ebanks (22) - F - Lakers
Christian Eyenga (23) - SF - Lakers
Andrew Goudelock (23) - PG - Lakers
Darius Johnson-Odom (22) - SG - 55th pick
Julian Khazzouh (26) - PF - Sydney Kings (Australia)
Ater Majok (25) - C - Nitra (Slovakia)
Darius Morris (21) - PG - Lakers
Toure Murry (22) - G - Wichita State (Undrafted FA)
Robert Sacre (23) - C - 60th pick
Greg Somogyi (22) - C - UC Santa Barbara (Undrafted FA)

http://secretrival.blogspot.fi/2012/07/2012-nba-summer-league-rosters.html

Is Ebanks resigned? Young free agents like him often do not play in the summer league before comitting to a team.

I heard that Morris is resigned, Anybody knows the contracts?

Do Eyenga and Goudelock have guanranteed contract?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Summer League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25
Jump to: