Lakers in News July 15/July 16, 2012:Lakers Exploring Sign-and-Trade for Courtney Lee?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Lakers in News July 15/July 16, 2012:Lakers Exploring Sign-and-Trade for Courtney Lee?

Quote:
Lakers Fall to 0-2 at Summer League After Loss to Sacramento

The Lakers were back in action tonight for their second game of the 2012 Summer League. After an embarrassing loss to the Golden State Warriors on Friday night, L.A. was looking to redeem themselves on Saturday against the Sacramento Kings. The Kings also suffered a rather embarrassing loss on Friday, falling by double digits to the Charlotte Bobcats.

LINK

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Former Gonzaga center Sacre looks to stick with Lakers despite being final pick

In the NBA, Mr. Irrelevant doesn't get gifts thrown his way or participate in a parade the way the NFL's final draft pick does. In the NBA, the reward is usually a trip to Las Vegas and a chance to show you actually deserve to play with the big boys come October.

Robert Sacre knows the road that lies ahead. The 7-foot center from Gonzaga was the 60th and final player taken in last month's draft by the Los Angeles Lakers. But Sacre may have recent history on his side.

LINK
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Johnson-Odom's development key for L.A

It's not often a team takes one of the NBA's most powerful team-building tools and turns it into a procession of seat-fillers.

But that’s exactly what the amateur player draft has become for the Lakers.

In the past five years, the Lakers have taken just one player in the first round: Toney Douglas, in 2009. He was promptly shipped off to New York on draft night.

Feeling the salary-cap crunch ever since bringing Pau Gasol aboard at the 2008 trade deadline and having dealt their first-rounders for more immediate aid, the Lakers have instead focused their draft-day efforts on Round 2.

And the returns, thus far, have been minimal.

LINK
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers Rumors: O.J. Mayo Receives Interest from Lakers

The trade talk involving superstar center Dwight Howard being dealt to the Los Angeles Lakers has begun to heat up once again. The most recent rumor involving Howard headed to the Lakers includes the Cleveland Cavaliers as the third team that would acquire Andrew Bynum in the deal.

Free agent G OJ Mayo getting interest from Lakers, Chicago, Phoenix and Dallas and hopes to make decision in next 10 days, source tells Y!

LINK
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject:

And of course what would a news day for the Lakers be without some Dwightmare stuff.

Apparently deal has already "died" so take that into account.

Quote:
Magic, Lakers, Cavaliers Talking Trade?

According to our buddy Alex Kennedy of Hoops World, the Orlando Magic, Los Angeles Lakers and Cleveland Cavaliers are working a potential three- way deal.
Kennedy says the deal “may send Dwight Howard to Lakers, Andrew Bynum to Cavs and picks/prospects/cap relief to Magic.”
However, Sam Amico of Fox Sports says he’s “looking into reported potential 3-way deal: Dwight to Lakers, cap relief to Magic, Bynum to Cavs” and is “coming up empty so far.”

LINK
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
No sense of urgency for Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak as Dwight Howard trade rumors swirl

LAS VEGAS -- General manager Mitch Kupchak and team vice president Jim Buss sat in section 104 of the Cox Pavilion watching the Lakers lose to the Sacramento Kings 84-72 in a summer league game Saturday.

They talked and watched and talked and watched, casually and easily and without any sense of urgency to their conversation. Every so often, Kupchak checked his phone for messages or to read or write text messages.

The rumor mill was cranked up to full throttle, with the Lakers said to be discussing a trade that would bring center Dwight Howard to Los Angeles from the Orlando Magic. Kupchak and Buss seemed a world away from the chatter, however.

Kupchak declined comment and Buss left his seat with the Lakers trailing 62-57 going into the fourth quarter. Kupchak spent the rest of the game watching the Lakers' collection of rookies, second-year players and try-outs lose for the second straight day.

Kupchak said he continues attempts to re-sign backup forward Jordan Hill and expects talks on a contract extension for center Andrew Bynum to intensify "sooner rather than later." Assuming Bynum is still a member of the Lakers, that is.

LINK
theairofficial
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject:

thats why we need bench :p
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:

O.J. Mayo has interest from Lakers, Mavericks, Bulls and Suns

LINK
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
SWAN SONG FOR KOBE BRYANT?

Could the end of a storied NBA career be near for Kobe Bryant? The Los Angeles Lakers star said in a recent interview he’s looking at playing two more seasons before calling it a career.

“I’ve been playing for 17 years now — next year will be my 17th, and when I’m (age) 35 it will be my 18th (year) in the league,” Bryant, who turns 34 in August, said during a video interview with Graham Bensinger of Yahoo! Sports. “That’s a long time to be playing. You know, it will be the last year of my contract and I don’t know. I don’t know if I’ll be playing any longer than that.”

LINK
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers Exploring Sign-and-Trade for Courtney Lee?

It’s no secret at this point in time in the NBA off-season that the Los Angeles Lakers options in free agency are extremely limited. With the new CBA starting to take its toll on the Lakers’ front office, GM Mitch Kupchak must find other ways to bring in new faces in order to upgrade the roster.

LINK
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Laker fans welcome Steve Nash with a cold one

The Lakers remain giddy over the synergy Steve Nash can provide.

Kobe Bryant will move more off the ball. Andrew Bynum will receive crisper entry passes. Pau Gasol will see more looks off pick-and-roll.

Even if Nash predicts this will entail "a lot of adjustments," his interaction with a bunch of Laker fans Friday on the freeway showed it won't take much time. In a scene all fraternity houses may try to emulate, the fans catch up to Nash's cab in the opposing lane and dishes out a can of Keystone Light.

LINK
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject:

Lee sounds good to me off the bench!

Hell, anything sounds better than what we got going on.

Bye.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
Lakers Exploring Sign-and-Trade for Courtney Lee?

It’s no secret at this point in time in the NBA off-season that the Los Angeles Lakers options in free agency are extremely limited. With the new CBA starting to take its toll on the Lakers’ front office, GM Mitch Kupchak must find other ways to bring in new faces in order to upgrade the roster.

LINK

BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject:

I hope we get Lee, he would be a spark off the bench. Fingers crossed
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject:

C. Lee would be a dream scenario.
AceFresh
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject:

Thanks Wolfy, putting some hard work this off-season.

Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject:

Courtney Lee, we owe you a ring
koolmo23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject:

[quote="AceFresh"]Thanks Wolfy, putting some hard work this off-season.

[/quote

big props he doing a good job
theairofficial
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject:

Oh My God, Lee would be a fantastic player! thats not only good 3, but also good defense and a great athleticism!
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject:

I'm not too familiar with Courtney Lee. The only thing I know about him is that he blew that alley oop layup that would have won the game when the Lakers played Orlando in the finals.

What can Lee do? Is he a good shooter or defender? Can he hit the 3?

thanks
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
I'm not too familiar with Courtney Lee. The only thing I know about him is that he blew that alley oop layup that would have won the game when the Lakers played Orlando in the finals.

thanks

Good defender, not great, but good. Good catch and shoot 3 guy. Not very assertive, has actually regressed a bit in that regard. His production has flatlined over the last 3 years.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject:

Finishes worse than Fisher.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Finishes worse than Fisher.

Lmaooo, anyone that does anything worst than Fisher is a no no no.. But I would take Lee, he is young.. with Kobe around he should improve
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject:

^ Mike, that is ridiculous. No need to exaggerate.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Lakerpark wrote:

thanks

Good defender, not great, but good. Good catch and shoot 3 guy. Not very assertive, has actually regressed a bit in that regard. His production has flatlined over the last 3 years.

You could say the same thing about OJ Mayo, who will fetch 6-8 mil per year. Courtney Lee actually compared fairly favorably statistically with OJ last year.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: