Lakers in News July 15/July 16, 2012:Lakers Exploring Sign-and-Trade for Courtney Lee?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobe.f.bryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject:

what would they want....sf(ebanks) or pf(mcroberts) and a pick?
lalakeshow88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Luke wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ari8OjYhA

Courtney Lee, we owe you a ring

This is all i think about when i see courtney lee.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Landing either OJ or Courtney would go a long way to making the offseason.
SunshineMan89
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Lee would be great. Very good defender, good shooter. Just isn't going to provide much off the dribble.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
Lakers Exploring Sign-and-Trade for Courtney Lee?

It’s no secret at this point in time in the NBA off-season that the Los Angeles Lakers options in free agency are extremely limited. With the new CBA starting to take its toll on the Lakers’ front office, GM Mitch Kupchak must find other ways to bring in new faces in order to upgrade the roster.

LINK

wolf, did you notice on the same lakersnation there is a report that says Worthy now favors Bynum over Dwight?

LINK: Lakers Legend James Worthy Picks Bynum over Howard

Quote:
At one point everyone in the NBA agreed that Dwight Howard was the best center in the league. There was no debate that Howard was the number one big man and no one came close to challenging the Magic center. However, Los Angeles Lakers’ center Andrew Bynum has put in the work and he has emerged as serious competition for Howard.

Bynum has even won over the support of those who once believed Howard was the best the NBA had to offer. One of Bynum’s many followers is Lakers legend James Worthy, who said he would take the Lakers’ center over the one in Orlando, Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Times reports.

“I like Andrew Bynum,” Worthy said. “He’s young and just as good as Dwight right now. He’s getting better. Dwight … to me, he’s too much gab and too much talking. I’m old school. I want to see something done on the floor. He does all this media stuff, flip-flopping. You don’t get respect from veteran players when you do that kind of stuff. They just want you to play. They want to see what you can do out there.”

Bynum is now 24 years-old and Howard is two years older at 26. Last season, Howard averaged 20.6 points 14.5 rebounds, whereas Bynum put up 18.7 points and 11.8 rebounds. However, Howard is the focal point of the Magic’s offense and Bynum takes a back seat to Kobe Bryant.

There is a good chance that the current Lakers’ center exceeds his opponents numbers if Howard moves to Los Angeles and Bynum goes to Cleveland. With the Cavaliers, Bynum would surely get more touches in the paint and rack up points and rebounds.

OK, let's hear how many people want to disagree with Worthy? :-?

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
Landing either OJ or Courtney would go a long way to making the offseason.

Didn't we get Nash? LOL. Honestly, anything now is gravy.
loanman_316
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
Lakers Exploring Sign-and-Trade for Courtney Lee?

It’s no secret at this point in time in the NBA off-season that the Los Angeles Lakers options in free agency are extremely limited. With the new CBA starting to take its toll on the Lakers’ front office, GM Mitch Kupchak must find other ways to bring in new faces in order to upgrade the roster.

LINK

wolf, did you notice on the same lakersnation there is a report that says Worthy now favors Bynum over Dwight?

LINK: Lakers Legend James Worthy Picks Bynum over Howard

Quote:
At one point everyone in the NBA agreed that Dwight Howard was the best center in the league. There was no debate that Howard was the number one big man and no one came close to challenging the Magic center. However, Los Angeles Lakers’ center Andrew Bynum has put in the work and he has emerged as serious competition for Howard.

Bynum has even won over the support of those who once believed Howard was the best the NBA had to offer. One of Bynum’s many followers is Lakers legend James Worthy, who said he would take the Lakers’ center over the one in Orlando, Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Times reports.

“I like Andrew Bynum,” Worthy said. “He’s young and just as good as Dwight right now. He’s getting better. Dwight … to me, he’s too much gab and too much talking. I’m old school. I want to see something done on the floor. He does all this media stuff, flip-flopping. You don’t get respect from veteran players when you do that kind of stuff. They just want you to play. They want to see what you can do out there.”

Bynum is now 24 years-old and Howard is two years older at 26. Last season, Howard averaged 20.6 points 14.5 rebounds, whereas Bynum put up 18.7 points and 11.8 rebounds. However, Howard is the focal point of the Magic’s offense and Bynum takes a back seat to Kobe Bryant.

There is a good chance that the current Lakers’ center exceeds his opponents numbers if Howard moves to Los Angeles and Bynum goes to Cleveland. With the Cavaliers, Bynum would surely get more touches in the paint and rack up points and rebounds.

OK, let's hear how many people want to disagree with Worthy?

worthy makes some valid points. although could argue as far as the gum flappin that worthy accuses howard of , the same could be said about drew. i am still torn on this trade. would prob rather see gasol go and get back a few key young pieces. this importance has increased in my eyes significantly when i see the majority of our current bench on the summer league showing no improvement, the rookies showing nothing . and the team getting killed by 30-50 pts nightly. normally i dont care about the scores of summer league or preseason as coaches are playing with dif lineups, the players dont know each other, some players r being tried in new slots, but i havent seen one bright spot. nada zip.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject:

I don't see how we could get Lee AND Jamison without losing Jordan Hill, either becasue we'd use Jordan as the S&T piece or because we don;'t have the money to add on this many players. Still, if, if, IF we were to get Jamison and Lee, and add Grant Hill for depth, I think that would mean we would be comitting to a small ball lineup to compete speed wise with OKC, etc. -- albeit an OLDER small ball lineup comapred to those guys.

Still, if we had:

C - Bynum, Pau, McRoberts
PF - Pau, Jamison, McRob
SF - MWP, Ebanks, Hill
SG - Kobe, Lee, Glock
PG - Nash, Blake, Morris

... that would be a significant improvement over last year at the 1-3 spots, but Jordan's absence would be HUGE if McRob did not step up.

MIM
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject:

Saw this posted in the ESPN Rumors section (bummer if it's true & explains why we will be working out Jermaine O'Neal today):

There have been a few reports that Minnesota will sign power forward Jordan Hill and give center Greg Stiemsma an offer sheet if Portland retains Nicolas Batum.

Darren Wolfson of ESPN 1500 also writes about the Wolves' interest in Hill and Stiemsma. Wolfson lists Carl Landry, Courtney Lee and Ronnie Brewer as other players the Wolves may try to sign.

One player that can be ruled out for the Wolves via a trade is Andre Iguodala. Wolfson writes: "A source said the Wolves have done a ton of homework on him, and the feedback didn't all register positively. Because of that, they are reluctant to give up assets and pay him $30 million over the next two years."

-- Nick Borges

Link: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Saw this posted in the ESPN Rumors section (bummer if it's true & explains why we will be working out Jermaine O'Neal today):

There have been a few reports that Minnesota will sign power forward Jordan Hill and give center Greg Stiemsma an offer sheet if Portland retains Nicolas Batum.

Darren Wolfson of ESPN 1500 also writes about the Wolves' interest in Hill and Stiemsma. Wolfson lists Carl Landry, Courtney Lee and Ronnie Brewer as other players the Wolves may try to sign.

One player that can be ruled out for the Wolves via a trade is Andre Iguodala. Wolfson writes: "A source said the Wolves have done a ton of homework on him, and the feedback didn't all register positively. Because of that, they are reluctant to give up assets and pay him $30 million over the next two years."

-- Nick Borges

Link: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

HMMMMMMMM.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject:

Rule - I posted Worthy's comments a number of days ago in the Lakers in News thread. Look in the archives, it's somewhere there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Darn it!!! Lee got traded to Boston!!!!!!! I wanted him here.. Why can't we get younger?
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject:

They're sending 3 crappy players to Houston for him too, heck we coulda done that, we have plenty of crappy bench players, argubally better than one's Houston is getting.

It's a steal, one we did get done or make. Woulda been nice, hope they get Jason Richardson now!!!
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject:

I guess not!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: