View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject:

goldenarmor wrote:
PROPHET wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Saw it this afternoon with the fam. I honestly don't know how I feel about it exactly. I've heard / read some reviews and talkbacks here and other sites. Honestly, I don't think it's anything more than a 6/10. Some pretty cool moments, but much of it feels hollow. I wanted it to be awesome and it tries to get there, but then it doesn't.

Lex was too quirky and silly, imo. His talk with Superman at the end was embarrassing. I don't know if they were trying to make him look psychotic or insane, but he came off as just plain silly. "ding ding ding ding ding" what??

I liked Affleck as Batman/Wayne. I get that he's been beaten and battered over the years. But the dream sequences and visions were a bit much and kind of incoherent. I look forward to his next solo outing, I liked Alfred as well. The traps he set for Superman during their fight were cool and fanboys arguments about his "preparation" giving him the advantage, came to fruition. He was probably the best part of the film.

Superman seemed sad and about as un-heroic as you can possibly be while "saving" people. I don't know who's choice it is to make him look like he's suffering and laboring to help/rescue people, but its stupid. There's just no spirit or fun in the role at all. When he decides to "sacrifice" himself in the end, I almost felt relieved that the poor bastard finally was able to end his misery. Just because you play the Superman "theme" during a few emotional scenes doesn't make the scene emotional. There wasn't much weight to any of it.

Wonder Woman. They spoiled her big entrance in the trailers, but she was OK. Could have used some more info and backstory, but DC seems to be working backwards with their films, so I assume we'll get caught up with her in her own solo venture.

Lois is getting on my nerves. Can she please take a backseat next time?

Doomsday looked like crap. It looked like he was shedding his skin and his bones were starting to pop out, but he ended up looking the same.

The fights were not very memorable and the action was tough to follow. Scenes were poorly lit and action was too quick cutting and close up. Some of the Snyder patented slo-mo would have actually been welcome. I don't recall any real "money-shot" type fight move or anything notable in that regard. It was just like a bunch of scenes put together.

Doomsday reminded me of the Abomination in the Hulk movie 2008. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the CGI, sucks. It looked better back in 2008 in all fairness.

Abomination
http://roberthood.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/hulk-abomination2008.jpg

Doomsday
http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2015/12/Batman-V-Superman-Doomsday1.jpg

I don't see how anyone could look at those pictures and say Abomination looks better. Just compare the skin texture.

What they should have done after Man of Steel is:

Batman movie

Batman vs Superman

Superman movie with Doomsday(Superman dies)

Wonder Woman movie with Aquaman (Their kingdoms at war etc.) and necessary cameos

Justice League Part 1 including the return of Superman.

I agree with all except the bold. Wonder Woman needs a solo film. Perhaps a Wonder Woman film with Aquaman as a supporting role. But wonder woman's film is past due
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject:

It was okay movie. Coulda been 30 minutes shorter. Ben Affleck was really good as Wayne/Batman.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject:

81% drop in Weekend 2.

Quote:
Saturday AM Update: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice takes a massive tumble compared to its opening day last weekend with an estimated $15.35 million Friday. That's an 81% drop from its opening day last Friday, which did include $27.7 million from Thursday previews, but even excluding those numbers you're looking at a 71.5% drop. Rival studios peg the film's second weekend dropping as much as 70%, resulting in a three day weekend around $50 million.

City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject:

Well, im still interested in Suicide Squad. Although the reports about re-shoots to make film "funnier" are kinda . David Ayer isnt usually known for humor.

!...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:

Well, im still interested in Suicide Squad. Although the reports about re-shoots to make film "funnier" are kinda . David Ayer isnt usually known for humor.

Really there's reshoots for more comedy??

Warner Bros is really misstepping if true. Dawn of Justice should be lighter, Suicide Squad SHOULD BE darker. It's about freaking villains for crying out loud SMH. Hope they don't ruin it. Cuz it looks promising
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

Warner Bros is really misstepping if true. Dawn of Justice should be lighter, Suicide Squad SHOULD BE darker. It's about freaking villains for crying out loud SMH. Hope they don't ruin it. Cuz it looks promising

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/03/31/suicide-squad-reshoots-bode-well-for-the-dc-movieverse

Who knows, it just seems it may make the film seem uneven, but we'll see.

!...

Last edited by City_Dawg on Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
22 wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/03/31/suicide-squad-reshoots-bode-well-for-the-dc-movieverse

Who knows, it just seems it make make the film seem uneven, but we'll see.

Ah ok. Thanks CD. After reading he article I feel better about it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
81% drop in Weekend 2.

Quote:
Saturday AM Update: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice takes a massive tumble compared to its opening day last weekend with an estimated $15.35 million Friday. That's an 81% drop from its opening day last Friday, which did include $27.7 million from Thursday previews, but even excluding those numbers you're looking at a 71.5% drop. Rival studios peg the film's second weekend dropping as much as 70%, resulting in a three day weekend around $50 million.

Not really surprising.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject:

What's sad and confusing is that they even pushed back the release date from Summer 2015, to March 2016. Almost a year extra to get their sh*t together and they still dropped the ball.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
81% drop in Weekend 2.

Quote:

Most of the fans that wanted to see the movie watched it the opening weekend. It is a lot harder to attract the people that aren't into those movies and thats when the bad reviews come into play.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
ocho wrote:
81% drop in Weekend 2.

Quote:

Most of the fans that wanted to see the movie watched it the opening weekend. It is a lot harder to attract the people that aren't into those movies and thats when the bad reviews come into play.

Tanked in opening weekend in China.

Quote:
The two-and-a-half-hour film made about $12.6 million at China’s box office over the weekend, a nearly 80 percent drop from its opening weekend — the largest ever for a Hollywood superhero move. The movie barely edged past Disney’s “Zootopia,” which has been playing for nearly a month. With a cumulative gross of just north of $86 million, “Batman v Superman” may not even get into nine figures — let alone anywhere close to the projected range of $150 million to $230 million

LINK
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
ocho wrote:
81% drop in Weekend 2.

Quote:

Tanked in opening weekend in China.

Quote:
The two-and-a-half-hour film made about $12.6 million at China’s box office over the weekend, a nearly 80 percent drop from its opening weekend — the largest ever for a Hollywood superhero move. The movie barely edged past Disney’s “Zootopia,” which has been playing for nearly a month. With a cumulative gross of just north of $86 million, “Batman v Superman” may not even get into nine figures — let alone anywhere close to the projected range of $150 million to $230 million

LINK

This is why Zack Snyder can't have nice things.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject:

I haven't seen it yet but heard the trailer really did end up giving out the entire movie.

It's pretty silly, for a movie named BATMAN V SUPERMAN, to show that Batman and Superman end up teaming together in the trailer. It was obvious, but people didn't wanna know why or how it would happen.

Oh well, Civil War hype train all aboooooooooard.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject:

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject:

The ultimate version is not bad explains a lot of things and made it more watchable. From C to a B-
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
The ultimate version is not bad explains a lot of things and made it more watchable. From C to a B-

I never saw it in the theaters but saw the ultimate version at home. B- is about what I'd give it. I think Ben Affleck came out like roses not because of anything stellar on his part (he neither added nor took from the character) but because he was surrounded by a (bleep)-show of acting. Rwonga was right about Gal Gadot. Very cringeworthy. A movie with her flying the banner is going to be a disaster. I'd force Jesse Eisenberg to turn in his Sag card. "I'm going to make this Lex Luthor so innovative!". The director should have put a stop to that unless he was behind it. Amy Adams was her usual solid self. Henry Cavill was fortunate that Gal Gadot was in this movie to supplant him off the mantle of most wooden actor on set.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Fallout wrote:

I never saw it in the theaters but saw the ultimate version at home. B- is about what I'd give it. I think Ben Affleck came out like roses not because of anything stellar on his part (he neither added nor took from the character) but because he was surrounded by a (bleep)-show of acting. Rwonga was right about Gal Gadot. Very cringeworthy. A movie with her flying the banner is going to be a disaster. I'd force Jesse Eisenberg to turn in his Sag card. "I'm going to make this Lex Luthor so innovative!". The director should have put a stop to that unless he was behind it. Amy Adams was her usual solid self. Henry Cavill was fortunate that Gal Gadot was in this movie to supplant him off the mantle of most wooden actor on set.

Most likely the director was 100% behind it as dialogue and coaching actors is not his forte. I'm suddenly realizing why Chris Pine is willing to do the WW movie. He'll actually look like a great actor in that one next to a miscast model who can't act. Amy Adams, great actress and still hot, but not the right fit for this role.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject:

New WonderWoman trailer. It looks like DC has finally not screwed something up?

Unfortunately, we still have Justice League on the way, so they will get back on track to regular business.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14
Jump to: