League Pass to watch all Laker games
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roastem00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: League Pass to watch all Laker games

I thought I'd start a thread to see whether or not I could get some good insight. I'm thinking about adding league pass to my ATT Uverse account but I don't know if its worth it? Does anyone have ATT Uverse and know if you get NBA TV when you purchase league pass? I don't want to miss any games nor do I want to see the games in crappy computer quality again this year. These are Kobes last few years so I have to watch all his last games.

-- announcer Chick Hearn, on the passing ability of Magic Johnson
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject:

I've had league pass in the past. You automatically get NBATV if you have league pass. I've been too cheap to pay for league pass the last couple seasons since I have a pretty good streaming sites I go to.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject:

I think league pass blacks out the big games unfortunately.
9-0-9
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born in Redlands,California but Reside in Houston,TX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject:

I had it last season...its good for us people in other states but if the game is nationally televised, it'll automatically black it out or if the local team plays it'll black it out. Other then that its awesome...
Captain Explosion
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject:

DriftNslide wrote:

I have league pass and they dont block out games because they are big
christhn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject:

No Fat Chicks!!!!! wrote:
DriftNslide wrote:

That would kind of go against their whole BIG campaign wouldn't it
Axshun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject:

On TWC facebook page, they responded to a question that was asked about being able to view games on league pass. And their response was somewhere along the lines of, if you live in an area with local coverage, the games will be blacked out on league pass.

Sorry couldnt find how i got to that page. But, if i come across it again, ill try and put the link.

Last edited by Axshun on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject:

No Fat Chicks!!!!! wrote:
DriftNslide wrote:

Maybe that's something new? I remember when league pass was free for the first month of last season and they blacked out the games on TNT/ABC/ESPN
Talby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
I've had league pass in the past. You automatically get NBATV if you have league pass. I've been too cheap to pay for league pass the last couple seasons since I have a pretty good streaming sites I go to.

any hd streams?
Axshun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Axshun wrote:
On TWC facebook page, they responded to a question that was asked about being able to view games on league pass. And their response was somewhere along the lines of, if you live in an area with local coverage, the games will be blacked out on league pass.

Sorry couldnt find how i got to that page. But, if i come across it again, ill try and put the link.

Nvm, it was just a random person that said it. Not from TWC.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=340585426028202&set=a.335460299874048.80320.294848427268569&type=1&theater
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject:

I like that you can view from a computer and don't need a cable connection.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
roastem00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm in San Francisco and I won't have blackout games but I heard ATT was making customers pay extra for NBA TV even if they purchased league pass and I was trying to see if that is true before I go on the 30 minute wait list to answer my one question lol

pd23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject:

roastem00 wrote:
I'm in San Francisco and I won't have blackout games but I heard ATT was making customers pay extra for NBA TV even if they purchased league pass and I was trying to see if that is true before I go on the 30 minute wait list to answer my one question lol

NBA TV is only 5 bucks extra for me and it comes with NFL Network. I get league pass every year. When I wasn't paying for NBA TV and ordered the pass, NBA TV was active all season and when the season was over they shut NBA TV off. I have comcast though.
rocko
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject:

I have AT&T U-VERSE and i also had league pass and no games were black out. the only negetive was the money (it cost $175!!!) for the entire season, which in my opinion is worth it especially with this new laker team.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject:

cmorton59 wrote:
KBH wrote:

any hd streams?

The site I use is vipbox.tv. The streams aren't HD but they're usually pretty good quality.
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject:

I get NBA League every season, even though I've had FSW and Prime Ticket already to watch the Lakers. I got NBA League Pass because I want to watch as much basketball as I could on my HDTV. If you like watching a lot of basketball, not only the Lakers, then I would say it's absolutely worth it. You can tune it to watch any other teams or players you want to follow.

I currently have Directv and previously with Dish Network. As long as I ordered NBA League Pass, I automatically received NBATV. I think Dish Network extends NBATV for free during the summer, while Directv does not and the Choice Extra package is required to watch it without NBA League Pass. NBATV is also another great channel to watch a variety of basketball related shows.

The downside is if you're in the LA area or where TWC will have rights to the games, then even with NBA League Pass those games could be blacked out. However even with the Lakers, if the game was on TNT/ESPN and would still broadcast on FSW, I had a choice of either so that might still be the case with TWC.
42lakers42
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: sorry to say.....

If you live in the Lakers area from san diego to bakersfield to Vegas the Lakers will be blacked out on NBA league pass!
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: League Pass to watch all Laker games

roastem00 wrote:
I thought I'd start a thread to see whether or not I could get some good insight. I'm thinking about adding league pass to my ATT Uverse account but I don't know if its worth it? Does anyone have ATT Uverse and know if you get NBA TV when you purchase league pass? I don't want to miss any games nor do I want to see the games in crappy computer quality again this year. These are Kobes last few years so I have to watch all his last games.

I have Uverse. I think it's the U300 package and I get NBATV already.

---George Carlin
AceFresh
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: sorry to say.....

42lakers42 wrote:
If you live in the Lakers area from san diego to bakersfield to Vegas the Lakers will be blacked out on NBA league pass!

roastem00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject:

Im kind of upset at the moment, I talked to a ATT Uverse rep and she said they do not have League Pass available right now! And I have to upgrade to U300 to get NBA TV. The extra 100 channels are all garbage so I really don't want to upgrade. Suggestions?

alexjlake_gr8t
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject:

roastem00 wrote:
Im kind of upset at the moment, I talked to a ATT Uverse rep and she said they do not have League Pass available right now! And I have to upgrade to U300 to get NBA TV. The extra 100 channels are all garbage so I really don't want to upgrade. Suggestions?

Im in S.D. so after learning a couple years ago that games were still being blacked out after buying L.Pass, i decided to forego it and stream to my tv's using firstrowsports for the past two years, never missed any game i wanted to see, even on my EVO during work. I recall only a handful of times of choppy low quality feeds, most were butter smooth, but most of the announcers werent local...
StOnEy333
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject:

roastem00 wrote:

They don't have LP available right now because it's not basketball season. I get it every year, as I live in the bay area. TNT and ESPN games are not shown on LP. You just watch them on those channels instead of going to a LP channel. U-verse if way better than comcast for LP. Comcast only has 1 HD channel for all the LP lineup, and they choose the game that's on the HD channel. U-verse has HD for every game on the LP lineup.
evanshall
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject:

I lived in San Diego from 2008-11 and Dallas from 2011-now. I remember in SD, the games would be blacked out if we were playing at Utah. I don't remember if any Lakers games were blacked out in Dallas, but I do remember a handful of Spurs games being blacked out.

Point is, you probably won't get ALL the games, there will be some blackouts.
roastem00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject:

StOnEy333 wrote:
roastem00 wrote:

They don't have LP available right now because it's not basketball season. I get it every year, as I live in the bay area. TNT and ESPN games are not shown on LP. You just watch them on those channels instead of going to a LP channel. U-verse if way better than comcast for LP. Comcast only has 1 HD channel for all the LP lineup, and they choose the game that's on the HD channel. U-verse has HD for every game on the LP lineup.

Oh I see, so I might be jumping the gun trying to buy LP right now from UVerse? I live in San Francisco and I won't get the blackouts up here Im assuming. When I lived in Santa Barbara I did get blackouts on LP.

NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject:

roastem00 wrote:
StOnEy333 wrote:
roastem00 wrote:

Oh I see, so I might be jumping the gun trying to buy LP right now from UVerse? I live in San Francisco and I won't get the blackouts up here Im assuming. When I lived in Santa Barbara I did get blackouts on LP.

The only time you might have blackouts is if they play the Warriors, but with U-Verse I'm assuming you'll be also getting the CSNBayArea channel so you should be good. TNT/ESPN usually are on most basic packages as well. I used to have U-Verse back when they didn't have NBA League Pass yet.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: