Should Kobe develop a floater?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Kobe develop a floater?
Yes
92%
 92%  [ 12 ]
No
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Should Kobe develop a floater?

Tony Parker of the Spurs does this and he currently leads the NBA in points in the paint. I really think this type of shot would benefit Kobe and get him to lay off of the fadeaway. Kobe has the ability to get into the paint at will much like Parker. What does everyone think?
KtotheBryant8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject:

whatever makes him a more effective and more efficient ball player
BygDaddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject:

He has a floater. He just doesn't bring it out much. I really think he should work on a George Gervin style finger roll. Imagine how lethal he'd be busting out that bad boy.
SirRunnethOfSoCal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Come to think of it, Kobe has everything when it comes to basketball abilities. He's on a level above anyone else in the League. Offense, defense, intelligence, drive, heart, clutch-factor, intensity, etc. He's unrivaled. Kobe-haters loathe him because he's f**k'd up their teams or favorite players on too many occasions. He's the best.
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Yes......It can help on that mid-range game of his.He seems to be looking for those shots more and more.A Sam cassell quick stop and pop from mid-range would help too..... Just add to all the fantastic abilities he already has....
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Uhhh, he already has one.
lakerfin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject:

It seriously cracks me up when we even discuss what shot or anything Kobe should develop. It's funny. This guy comes in each year better than he was the year before in one way or another. Brings something new to his arsenal that makes him more of a threat. But maybe if we suggested something to him, he might do it? He is an athlete playing at a higher level than most of the competition. I think between him and the Laker coaching staff, they can hang and sus out what's best. It's like trying to help Lance Armstrong improve his endurance in the mountains. I tend to trust that since they're the pros, they'll know what shot to use and when to use it. And I would concur he already has one.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Kobe has it, just not using it often....I voted yes, yes for use it a little more than the usual.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: