The Official Chris Douglas-Roberts Thread...SCORED 49 PTS IN D-LEAGUE GAME (Pg 25)!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
I kinda wonder how many people in this thread have actually watched CDR play on a regular basis as opposed to building a faux scouting report based on youtube clips and draftexpress

with that said his game reminds me of Jamison's

I've been following CDR since he was a freshman in college, or maybe it was trade school, not really sure. And by follow I mean perusing box scores. And trust me, Chad David Richardson is going to be HUGE for the Lakers.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject:

I watched CDR on the Nets, thought he was a steal in the second round.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
I kinda wonder how many people in this thread have actually watched CDR play on a regular basis as opposed to building a faux scouting report based on youtube clips and draftexpress

with that said his game reminds me of Jamison's

Eh. Kinda made it my job to keep track of draft prospects that are in the draft and others that aren't drafted since.. 2000.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers‏@Lakers

Great info in the caption on Chris Douglas-Roberts' instagram pic. Follow him on there: 'montecristo_ritchie'

http://instagram.com/p/QTVpjpCNjB/

iwearvans
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject:

He does have defensive skills
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I watched CDR on the Nets, thought he was a steal in the second round.

the league saw him too. they let him go overseas
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

Great info in the caption on Chris Douglas-Roberts' instagram pic. Follow him on there: 'montecristo_ritchie'

http://instagram.com/p/QTVpjpCNjB

For those who just want to read the caption and not click any links:

Quote:
montecristo_ritchie
Had a fantastic first day of camp. Kobe was my 1 on 1 partner the entire day. He told me I had game & he wants to guard me or Metta every day. Follow the greatest organization this world has ever seen for more news/visuals. @Lakers

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
montecristo_ritchie
Had a fantastic first day of camp. Kobe was my 1 on 1 partner the entire day. He told me I had game & he wants to guard me or Metta every day. Follow the greatest organization this world has ever seen for more news/visuals. @Lakers

watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject:

guys, this kid aint no scrub. he has been pn (bleep) teams like nets and bucks but he GOT game. he can easily be our best bench player because
1) he can create his own shot
2) transition points and defense
3) good slasher

last year he single handly owned the heat
Talby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Mike the Bonzi Wells comp is good. Call me crazy but he reminds me of Shannon Brown a lil bit...a bigger version with less athleticism. Especially this chucker version of Shannon in Phoenix now
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Potentially good surprise signing! Could be a friggin steal.

Dude has offensive GAME.

Liked him at Memphis (college). He had a cup of coffee in the league, then went overseas.

He has a good mid-range shot, shoots off the dribble, and is aggressive around the rim.

If Kobe can have some influence on him, he might be something.

If he goes to the D-League, there's a good chance he gets swapped out for one of our scrubs on the bench.

I am not a big believer in most of the young scrubs we have, and I am open to CDR taking someone's roster spot.
Andrew Evenstar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject:

wow, i really have no idea what this guy can bring,

your guys' posts are getting me excited!
Talby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Heres a game in Italy hes on the white team
ForrestHump
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject:

last season (2011):

7.3 ppg 2 reb 1.1 ast 0.7 stls 43% FG 32,6% 3PT 83% FT

Percentage wise he is about as efficient as Kobe (as a role player).

He can play D, he can do many things on offense, his problem is consistency, when his mid-range jumper was on he couldn't really stroke it from 3pt, now that he finally averaged over 30% on 3s his FG dropped to a career low.

And he also hasn't played in the NBA for a year, I think we will keep him on our roster to back up Metta, Ebanks can't shoot the 3.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Eh. Kinda made it my job to keep track of draft prospects that are in the draft and others that aren't drafted since.. 2000.

what do you mean by "keep track of"? I'm a hoops junkie and even I have a hard time sitting through a Bucks game especially if there are better games on league pass but more power to ya
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
hellsling
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject:

I'm not a fan of CDR. He has bad basketball iq, tends to get tunnel vision when trying to score and can't shoot. I would not cut Ebanks, Clark or DJO for him.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Jeffs wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
montecristo_ritchie

Sound like Kobe doesn't see much benefit in guarding the great Devin Estanks.
Talby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject:

hellsling wrote:
I'm not a fan of CDR. He has bad basketball iq, tends to get tunnel vision when trying to score and can't shoot. I would not cut Ebanks, Clark or DJO for him.

Eh i would. Great athlete but very undersized
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject:

yeah cut DJO. not excited over an undersized SG.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure the Lakers will make the right decision. All this signing does is give them more options. No downside.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

what do you mean by "keep track of"? I'm a hoops junkie and even I have a hard time sitting through a Bucks game especially if there are better games on league pass but more power to ya

And I'm a draft junkie in charge of the NBA Draft forum here. Most player measurements and athletic test results are committed to some level of memory.

Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress invited me to be on his team for his website back in 2002. Before I covered the Summer Pro League in Long Beach back in 2004 or so. Quite a few players I've been watching since they were 15-17 years old.

If anything, I find it frustrating to sit among other fans. They'll cheer for a made basket; even off a bad shot, a poorly executed play, players missing their timing and spacing for cuts, screens, and roll-outs. DB and I have caught on to the triangle offense well, so we used to catch mistakes other players were making.

I'm still doing that now.

Hell, I'm the remaining crew member left before Jason (former owner and moderator) bought out the website.

Quote:
I have a hard time sitting through a Bucks game

Try getting to the point where you've seen a players habits, decision-making, and plays so often, that you already have a strong idea of how they would play against a specific opponent; almost like you've visualized the game before it is played.

It's part of the reason why I enjoy the draft and training camp the most. It's about implementation of talent and system. Once those two elements are in place, they don't really change for the entire year.

Last edited by Mike@LG on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject:

hellsling wrote:

While i agree that he has some tunnel vision and has an attack mentality to score, he has consistently had an A/TO ratio of 1:1 or greater. Not exactly a playmaker, but not exactly the most hurtful player on the team just giving the ball to the opponent either.

Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
CDR is a shooting guard though. His play style is similar to Barbosa, except younger and better defensively.

As a SF he's very undersized and pretty bad so I've read. He excels as a SG because that is his natural position. We already have Meeks as SG so it should be interesting.

Harden has gotten away playing sf and he's 6'5 while CDR is 6'7

His career preseason numbers are nice. http://www.nba.com/playerfile/chris_douglas-roberts/career_stats.html
in before someone says its only preseason lol

CDR is not Harden. Think about the key differences between those two guys. Look at where Harden is in his career, versus CDR.
lakersfanaticD
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: CDR's signing with the Lakers

He deserves a spot in the final roster of LA Lakers...Over-all, he's a good player offensively and defensively..... Go Lakers.....
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject:

Listen. Our SF rotation is imperfect and arguably our weakest link (all things dependent on MWP of course).

MWP, we have a defensive hound who can't guard flighty SFs as well as he used to. On offense, he can post up, occasionally hit 3s.

Ebanks: he can provide some defense, can occasionally hit the mid-range. He's not a good finisher inside, and surprisingly has poor athleticism at the rim. he can't hit a 3. Has low offensive creativity/imagination.

Clark. More of a stretch 4 defender/slasher. Not a good shooter, but will probably be used to defend flighty stretch 4s if Jamison can't keep up with them.

Of course you have Kobe to slide over.

In sum, we have an imperfect cast of SFs. What CDR provides is athleticism, offensive creativity and aggression, and a decent mid-range game. He fills in for the biggest weaknesses of Ebanks/Clark, and arguably MWP.

He's going to get a legit shot IMO with the Lakers. Sure he's been passed over by teams, but Gerald Green really set the blueprint for guys like CDR. No reason why he can't make it in the NBA. He's not a scrub like some of the other camp invites, nor is he washed up like a Jerry Stackhouse or even McGrady. A shrewd low risk, high reward move by Mitch.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 5 of 30
Jump to: