OFFICIAL GASOL TRADE DISCUSSION AND P&M THREAD (Marc Stein: Suns interested in Pau, pg 502)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 561, 562, 563, 564  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
OKC doesn't have any assets of value, I rather deal with Charlotte... they are more pressured to make noise in the playoffs then the rest of the teams who are pursuing Pau.

they have to make playoffs 1st before they have pressure to make noise in playoffs
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Getting Pau gives them a better chance to make the playoffs and make a Top EC team a run for there money.... the Bobcats as currently constructed will likely get swept in the 1st round.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Getting Pau gives them a better chance to make the playoffs and make a Top EC team a run for there money.... the Bobcats as currently constructed will likely get swept in the 1st round.

no they wont be able to. Their best bet is to get the 4th seed in the week east.

i think they are 4 games behind for that. Thats where their money is....easy to get into the 2nd round and makes some money
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

doesn't Bobcats already have Al Jefferson, why they need Pau for? twin tower clearly isn't the way to go in today's NBA. but yeah, i hope MJ is dumb enough to trade for Pau
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
doesn't Bobcats already have Al Jefferson, why they need Pau for? twin tower clearly isn't the way to go in today's NBA. but yeah, i hope MJ is dumb enough to trade for Pau

Pau hasn't had a chance to play with a big-man who can hit the jump-shot at a high rate.
Atticus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject:

I got a chance to go to a talk by Bobcats GM Rich Cho a few weeks ago. From that I pretty much gathered that he wouldn't move a pick or a young piece just to make the playoffs this year. Obviously things change and all it would take would be Jordan giving him the green light to go for the playoffs, but I highly doubt they make a move for Pau. He said they added Big Al because they needed to hit the minimum salary amount anyway and in their exit meetings last season all of the players said they wished they had a low post scoring threat. Al has been more than adequate for them, so I doubt they go after Pau too, especially if it means giving up young assets.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Atticus wrote:
I got a chance to go to a talk by Bobcats GM Rich Cho a few weeks ago. From that I pretty much gathered that he wouldn't move a pick or a young piece just to make the playoffs this year. Obviously things change and all it would take would be Jordan giving him the green light to go for the playoffs, but I highly doubt they make a move for Pau. He said they added Big Al because they needed to hit the minimum salary amount anyway and in their exit meetings last season all of the players said they wished they had a low post scoring threat. Al has been more than adequate for them, so I doubt they go after Pau too, especially if it means giving up young assets.

Giving up a 1st round pick/ Ben Gordon and a cheap young prospect isn't really giving up much.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject:

It's gonna be boring, seeing this trade deadline go by without any real activity.....

hopefully we can at least get below the lux tax.
Rain_Maker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Pau better be ready for the houston game, so maybe we can pull of a trade
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Big Al is better than Pau right now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Man watching Dragic tonight. What a shame. We could have had him.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Watching Trey Burke makes me cry. I was campaigning for him in the offseason. I wanted the Lakers to trade Pau and move into the draft. What hurts me the most is that he's playing in (bleep) Utah.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Watching Trey Burke makes me cry. I was campaigning for him in the offseason. I wanted the Lakers to trade Pau and move into the draft. What hurts me the most is that he's playing in (bleep) Utah.

Yup. Future PGs.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

It's understandable why the Lakers did not do the Houston trade... they weren't gonna take on Scola's contract.... but to choose a old man who was near retirement over a young rising star PG is a very bad decision...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's understandable why the Lakers did not do the Houston trade... they weren't gonna take on Scola's contract.... but to choose a old man who was near retirement over a young rising star PG is a very bad decision...

You can check my archives but even with scola's bad contract I was for the purported Dragic/Martin/scola's/possible 1st.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

Giving up a 1st round pick/ Ben Gordon and a cheap young prospect isn't really giving up much.

Both Pau and Al used to be able to play some minutes at PF. Both of them now move slower than they used to and they should spend the bulk of their minutes at the Center position. Pau and Al in the game at the same time would be a disaster defensively.

Charlotte needs better outside shooting from the wing positions. Find another team interested in Pau and that has an available SG better than Gerald Henderson. Then call Charlotte with the trade proposal.
Atticus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Atticus wrote:

Yeah but you're not comparing it with the alternative -- not giving up those assets. Cho has 0 pressure to make the playoffs, Jordan knows they are still building. When you literally don't care if you make it or not, why give up assets that you don't have to give up for the hope of making a small playoff run.

You can't assume certain teams care about making the playoffs this year. Charlotte is sitting in 8th, but Detroit, NY, and Cleveland are all actually trying to win too. Cho is a guy who came up in the Sam Presti camp and wants to build from the ground up through the draft. He's not going to trade young assets that he drafted or draft picks for a Pau rental. Making the playoffs doesn't matter to that team.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Atticus wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Atticus wrote:

Yeah but you're not comparing it with the alternative -- not giving up those assets. Cho has 0 pressure to make the playoffs, Jordan knows they are still building. When you literally don't care if you make it or not, why give up assets that you don't have to give up for the hope of making a small playoff run.

You can't assume certain teams care about making the playoffs this year. Charlotte is sitting in 8th, but Detroit, NY, and Cleveland are all actually trying to win too. Cho is a guy who came up in the Sam Presti camp and wants to build from the ground up through the draft. He's not going to trade young assets that he drafted or draft picks for a Pau rental. Making the playoffs doesn't matter to that team.

lol pathetic bastards...they will do the profit sharing and suck in draft and still call rebuilding.

org like this should be sent to a city like Seattle ...& a owner who cares winning rather then feeding off the other teams profit

Lets look at Cho's draft history

2011: 9th pick: Kemba Walker...ahead of Klay Thompson, Kawahi L, Vucevic, Shumpert, faried, Reggie Jackson, Jimmy Butler

2011 : 19th pic: T Harris: traded

2012: 2nd pick: MKG: picked ahead of Beal, Waiters, Drummond, Lillard, barnes...list goes on

2013: 4th picK; Cody Zellar: picked ahead of Alen, Noel, MWC, giannis Antetokounmpo, trey burke, Steve Adams

see the pathetic franchises like Bobcats will be in lottery or high draft picks but they just waste on and there is no mandate for winning from owner and GM...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
OKC doesn't have any assets of value, I rather deal with Charlotte... they are more pressured to make noise in the playoffs then the rest of the teams who are pursuing Pau.

they have to make playoffs 1st before they have pressure to make noise in playoffs

reggie jackson is a really nice player; with even greater upside.
i dont know how we'd make a trade work salary wise with them tho
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
2011: 9th pick: Kemba Walker...picked ahead of Shumpert

and that's a bad thing?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
2011: 9th pick: Kemba Walker...picked ahead of Shumpert

and that's a bad thing?

U picked 1 word of my entire post brilliant...jesus christ really?

They had picked augistine before & were high on him... They need a player to compliment him

Dont tell me where augistine is today
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

2011: 9th pick: Kemba Walker...ahead of Klay Thompson, Kawahi L, Vucevic, Shumpert, faried, Reggie Jackson, Jimmy Butler

2012: 2nd pick: MKG: picked ahead of Beal, Waiters, Drummond, Lillard, barnes...list goes on

2013: 4th picK; Cody Zellar: picked ahead of Alen, Noel, MWC, giannis Antetokounmpo, trey burke, Steve Adams

see the pathetic franchises like Bobcats will be in lottery or high draft picks but they just waste on and there is no mandate for winning from owner and GM...

They already had PG Kemba Walker, so no need to use a high pick on PG Trey Burke a few years later.

MWC?
You probably meant MCW.
Michael Carter Williams

Again another PG that would be a duplication at the position that Kemba Walker plays.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

They already had PG Kemba Walker, so no need to use a high pick on PG Trey Burke a few years later.

MWC?
You probably meant MCW.
Michael Carter Williams

Again another PG that would be a duplication at the position that Kemba Walker plays.

yes Michael Carter Williams. MCW would be a perfect fit along with Kemba who is a PG.

see how Suns are making noise using 2 PG lineup of Dragic and Bledsoe?

MXW @SG with Kemba at PG would be so much better with Al in the middle

burke I agree but i think he has more potential then Kemba walker

they could always trade down and get an asset from another team.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
You can check my archives but even with scola's bad contract I was for the purported Dragic/Martin/scola's/possible 1st.

That would have been a good trade, because it was obvious that Pau's skill-set was on the decline after 2010... even if Kevin Martin did not pan out.... he would have been a good trade chip to use in trade talks.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject:

Has Charlotte made the most of the opportunities available to them in recent years?

No, but it is still a huge reach to expect them to be interested in sending out assets for a Pau rental or David Lee in a multiple team trade when both Pau and Lee are similar to Al Jefferson (good offense with average to below average defense).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 561, 562, 563, 564  Next
Page 562 of 564
Jump to: