OFFICIAL GASOL TRADE DISCUSSION AND P&M THREAD (Marc Stein: Suns interested in Pau, pg 502)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 562, 563, 564  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
He was great in the Olympics, I don't think it is fair to say he is done but it would be fair to wonder what in the world is going on because it is ugly right now.

He was tremendous in the Olympics.

didn't they use him as the primary post threat? i'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to make decisions 18 feet from the basket.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject:

brool story co

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
ulhg182
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject:

90% of this forum is so (bleep) stupid. it's embarrassing this is what the laker fanbase consists of
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
He was great in the Olympics, I don't think it is fair to say he is done but it would be fair to wonder what in the world is going on because it is ugly right now.

didn't they use him as the primary post threat? i'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to make decisions 18 feet from the basket.

You are correct, Spain had Marc Gasol playing more the role that Pau is playing now in the Lakers offense.

Pau will be fine, honestly he is the least of my concerns.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Mike Trudell‏@LakersReporter

Quote:
Gasol's been the only 1 of LAL's 4 stars to play full practice/game minutes (w/1 game off). He showed how tired he is tonight.

Pau can't practice 3 hour practices and then have anything left for games.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject:

MedRomLaker wrote:
brool story co

jaesik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject:

ulhg182 wrote:
90% of this forum is so (bleep) stupid. it's embarrassing this is what the laker fanbase consists of

I love all the trolls that don't know anything about basketball who comment on here. You have something in common, you've probably never ran a play of basketball in your life or even played over an hour straight of basketball ever.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
can we end the myth that he's a "high IQ" player too.

sadly i think some people just assume this because he's white.

What a ridiculous statement!
I'm going to take a wild guess here and assume you're not white.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I think its sadder for you to make such an assumption in the first place.

Not to mention that Pau literally had to drop out of medical school in order to enter the NBA draft. Yeah, much concern about Gasol's IQ. When does the voting for preseason allstars begin, anyways?

jaesik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject:

He literally can't jump anymore... that means it's probably time to go.
Kobe_is_a_Beast24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject:

STOP BEING TWO FACED FANS! Wow... Pau is not done. He's passed his prime, yes. But he can still play and is a top PF. Why are Lakers fans here such bandwagons? MWP plays a good game "yeah man im so glad we kept him" then he takes some forced shots and doesn't shoot so well next game "trade that peace punk"

what's up with you laker fans? Pau isn't done. Stop hating on him just cause he didn't produce this game. Lots of things happened this game. We had 21 turnovers. Stop finding people to blame. It's a new offense. Give it time
Kobe_is_a_Beast24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Not to mention that Pau literally had to drop out of medical school in order to enter the NBA draft. Yeah, much concern about Gasol's IQ. When does the voting for preseason allstars begin, anyways?

And if you think he doesn't have a high bball iq, please try to name me another PF who has as many APG as Pau.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject:

No. And you're asking if all of LG will agree on the same thing? Pretty tall order. May as well ask for peace in the Middle East.

Last edited by Lowest Merion on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
jaesik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Kobe_is_a_Beast24 wrote:
STOP BEING TWO FACED FANS! Wow... Pau is not done. He's passed his prime, yes. But he can still play and is a top PF. Why are Lakers fans here such bandwagons? MWP plays a good game "yeah man im so glad we kept him" then he takes some forced shots and doesn't shoot so well next game "trade that peace punk"

what's up with you laker fans? Pau isn't done. Stop hating on him just cause he didn't produce this game. Lots of things happened this game. We had 21 turnovers. Stop finding people to blame. It's a new offense. Give it time

He can't guard any PF, he can't score unless he has 10 ft between him and the opposing defense. He can pass and score when he's an inch from the basket. He can't run, he can't help on rotation d, his passing is somehow getting worse. He basically throws up a shot, yells, and hopes he gets a whistle almost every time.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject:

jaesik wrote:
Kobe_is_a_Beast24 wrote:

He can't guard any PF, he can't score unless he has 10 ft between him and the opposing defense. He can pass and score when he's an inch from the basket. He can't run, he can't help on rotation d, his passing is somehow getting worse. He basically throws up a shot, yells, and hopes he gets a whistle almost every time.

You somehow managed to be wrong on all accounts. Congratulations.
jaesik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject:

TheJellosJigglin' wrote:
jaesik wrote:
Kobe_is_a_Beast24 wrote:

You somehow managed to be wrong on all accounts. Congratulations.

What PF can he guard? When can he ever score if there's even a little bit of help defense or somebody physical on him?
Captain_Napalm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

One word: Support.

Pau is a little too sensitive, and doesn't do well when he's not feeling the connection to the coach or teammates.

With the right coach and team support, his motivation is SKY HIGH. We all saw it in 2009 and 2010 and the Olympics.

In 2011, Kobe couldn't even practice. Kobe is Pau's #1 floor buddy. Imagine Turner and Hooch minus Turner. Poor Hooch, I mean Pau.

In addition, 2011 and 2012 were pushing Bynum to the front priority-wise, which relegated Pau to 3rd spot.

Pau needs to play in the right position and be a focal point of plays.

He is more skilled offensively than Dwight -- he has more moves, a killer post game, runs the floor like a gazelle on the break. He is a complete player, skill-wise.

They should alternate playing center -- Pau is finesse and Dwight can bang, so put Dwight in against the bangers Pau doesn't like, and put Pau in center position whenever things are "civilized" under the basket.

Getting the right coach is the difference between Pau at 100% and Pau at 50%.

Kobe and Nash are going to play their guts out no matter who is coaching, so the biggest difference-maker is going to be someone who can manage Dwight's diva streak and Pau's on-court clinical depression.
jaesik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Captain_Napalm wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

One word: Support.

Pau is a little too sensitive, and doesn't do well when he's not feeling the connection to the coach or teammates.

With the right coach and team support, his motivation is SKY HIGH. We all saw it in 2009 and 2010 and the Olympics.

In 2011, Kobe couldn't even practice. Kobe is Pau's #1 floor buddy. Imagine Turner and Hooch minus Turner. Poor Hooch, I mean Pau.

In addition, 2011 and 2012 were pushing Bynum to the front priority-wise, which relegated Pau to 3rd spot.

Pau needs to play in the right position and be a focal point of plays.

He is more skilled offensively than Dwight -- he has more moves, a killer post game, runs the floor like a gazelle on the break. He is a complete player, skill-wise.

They should alternate playing center -- Pau is finesse and Dwight can bang, so put Dwight in against the bangers Pau doesn't like, and put Pau in center position whenever things are "civilized" under the basket.

Getting the right coach is the difference between Pau at 100% and Pau at 50%.

Kobe and Nash are going to play their guts out no matter who is coaching, so the biggest difference-maker is going to be someone who can manage Dwight's diva streak and Pau's on-court clinical depression.

Pretty sure 19 million is enough to support plenty of people.
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

You are correct, Spain had Marc Gasol playing more the role that Pau is playing now in the Lakers offense.

Pau will be fine, honestly he is the least of my concerns.

He is officiated differently from the NBA to international play.

Defenders here can actually push back, and not get called for fouls, even if you're learning at a 40* angle on his back.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Rico24 wrote:
32 wrote:
Mike Trudell‏@LakersReporter

Quote:
Gasol's been the only 1 of LAL's 4 stars to play full practice/game minutes (w/1 game off). He showed how tired he is tonight.

what a pansy he gets paid all that money, and he cant even play 7 games + practices? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!

he is human. u are going to eat birds in june!
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject:

His performance for the Lakers vs. Spain last two seasons is dramatically different. But I do think it's partly because of how he is used. Get him close to basket.
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Kobe_is_a_Beast24 wrote:

You know instead of taking all of the opinions on the forum as a single entity why don't you pay attention to WHO is saying WHAT. Just because a few people state an opinion does not mean that is reflective of the entire website. If you pay close attention most of the people you call "band wagon" are new members without much posting experience. Those that don't really go back and forth are quality posters. You choose to ignore the latter.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

BASKETBALL IQ. Chris Webber supposedly was good a student and on the floor was as dumb as rocks. Walt Frazier, vice versa.

I'm gonna guess Magic's SAT's weren't all that high either.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject:

professional players such as kobe says Pau has a high IQ in Bball, but greenfrog truly believes he's not. greenfrog > kobe ...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 562, 563, 564  Next
Page 3 of 564
Jump to: