Grand Theft Auto 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
FYI seems the update also fixed some single player bugs.

Quote:

-Fix for interface issues when using Internet on the cell phone after completing the game, or during a mission replay

-Fix for the Vanilla Unicorn occasionally becoming locked

-Fix for issues where the character’s money could drop below zero and become stuck there

-Fix for the Epsilon Program missions not progressing properly after delivering some cars

-Fix for issue where the Atomic Blimp sometimes does not appear as a phone contact for Collector’s Edition owners

-Fix for issues with saved vehicles going missing, or losing their upgrades

-Fixes for several map escape and collision issues along with other various bug fixes

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51500/gtav-title-update-details.html

I had the car disappearing or losing their upgrades bugs happen a good amount.

Same here. What are they doing with that billion dollars they made? Need to put some of that back into MP. It's funny reading the rage comments from people. Not sure why they were expecting epic online. R* does not have a great track record with the online versions of their games.
T3R
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject:

Got 1.5 Billion $ for all my characters, bought every property, trying to play online but keep getting errors, hope it gets fixed.
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject:

for XBox 360 users, clear your chache and online will work .

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

I cleared it and was able to play, but my connection timed out after an hour
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Still a no go on PS3 for me. Giving me different errors than yesterday though.

It deleted my character that I was able to create yesterday. Not a big deal since I couldn't use the character anyways and level him up. However if it keeps deleting players after the servers are working that is gonna be f'd up. Hopefully they can fix whatever is causing that very soon.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Still a no go on PS3 for me. Giving me different errors than yesterday though.

It deleted my character that I was able to create yesterday. Not a big deal since I couldn't use the character anyways and level him up. However if it keeps deleting players after the servers are working that is gonna be f'd up. Hopefully they can fix whatever is causing that very soon.

I had to erase and make a new character and enter on solo mission, then it just started working. I heard it went down again, but I only played for half an hour or so.

It seems like everyone is playing free aim as well.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject:

I was able to get in. Mainly been free roaming. Playing against randoms so usually if im near anyone its a gun fight. Doesn't seem that easy to level up so hopefully my character doesn't get deleted again. Tried a couple of missions they are fun. If they release a good content creator I can only imagine what people can make. The amount of fun you are gonna have probably depends on who you are playing with.

I just finished a couple of missions had 11 or 12 thousand before. I happen to die a lot during one of the missions as most of the people in the mission did. Kinda sucks that it seems they took $500 for every time I died.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3931/lzec.jpg
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Okay, so I got into the online for a couple of hours. The character creation is so lame. The picking grandparents and parents is stupid. As far as the game, well I think it is unorganized and you end up sitting thru more loading screens than actually playing. The match making system is so slow. I can't imagine myself playing this much unless they drastically change it. Doesn't matter anyways, I bought the game for the awesome SP. At least they had free aim in the matches that I joined. If you were to include this in the rating I'd give this game a 7.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Apparently you also lose money for dying in a deathmatch game. Definitely seems like they did that so people will want to use real life money to buy money in the game.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Apparently you also lose money for dying in a deathmatch game. Definitely seems like they did that so people will want to use real life money to buy money in the game.

Lol garbage...I wasn't even paying attention to the money. IMO the match making is just so brutal it makes me want to quit. I bet you lose money if you die in free roam and then have to pay for medical bills.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject:

hey guys are there more safehouses in online mode?
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject:

shnxx wrote:

I believe you have to buy them.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject:

shnxx wrote:

Yea, you can buy in some of the high rise condos and there are more garages.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Yes you do you have to pay hospital bills in free roam as well regardless if you deposited all your money in the bank.

It charged me a $373.00 hospital bill for 1 fream roam death. I assume the amount taken depends on the amount of money you have in the bank like it does in single player. So it will just be more the more money you have.

I also notice that to enable passive mode they even charge you $100 lol. Why does that cost money? Well we know why. Rockstar's money grab. Also I think passive mode only lasts for a certain amount of time not sure how long haven't used it. So that people will have to buy it multiple times if they wan't to free roam without fear of other players.

I did think it was cool that you can steal cars and sell them at the paint shop, but when I took a 2nd car it said they weren't looking for cars right now so not sure how long till they accept cars again. Any good car though you can't sell or own if you jack it. You have to buy them from the browser for a lot of money.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject:

At one point while starting online you can choose the colors of your permanent ride. I went with purple and gold.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject:

The matchmaking seems to be working fine for me as of now. The ammunation online activity/job is actually kinda fun.

I was able to find a helicopter at the place where you buy the helipad for Michael/Franklin in single player. Made a easy getaway vehicle for robbing stores got a couple of grand doing that. Usually when you get there a helicopter is landing you just wait till he leaves the helicopter and take it. Can you buy a helipad online?
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
The matchmaking seems to be working fine for me as of now. The ammunation online activity/job is actually kinda fun.

I was able to find a helicopter at the place where you buy the helipad for Michael/Franklin in single player. Made a easy getaway vehicle for robbing stores got a couple of grand doing that. Usually when you get there a helicopter is landing you just wait till he leaves the helicopter and take it. Can you buy a helipad online?

I just can't see the online portion having any kind of long lasting community. Also, when everyone reviewed this game why was the mp not factored in? Every other game that also includes mp gets included with the overall score. Shouldn't they have just waited to review the entire package? Very clever on Rockstar's end to release mp at a later date. I'm sure there are some politics going on behind the scenes.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject:

I got to play last night for a little bit and Here is stuff I noticed about online.

1. (unconfirmed) You can only invite your friends who are online, the people from your previous job, and the other 15 players in your world to join matches. While you are free roaming, other players will invite you to join their mission or to play golf, etc, via a text message. If your chasing down another player or being pursued by the cops, you might just ignore the message.

There are probably hundreds of thousands of people looking for a death match online, but you will never get a full match, not even a decent turnout because it doesn't seem to be linking people up that way.

2. Cops - Ridiculous. You might as well be covered in blood running through beverly hills. If any cop sees you in a car that is not your own or even walking around sometimes you will get a wanted star. The overwhelming majority of the online experience was running from the cops.

It was fun at first because you get rank up points. But after a while its annoying.

3. Money is a pita - I hope that heists get fixed and that its easy to get up to 250,000-1,000,000 because everything gets expensive. Fixing your car costs $600 a pop, replacing it on insurance was around $900 (but I have a sweet lakers color mercedes also maybe my fees are higher).

Dying costs $400-$500 dollars maybe more if the cops kill you. If you go around the map getting in skirmishes with other players you can lose that $5,000 you deposited into the bank pretty quick.

You have to buy your ammo and armor. With the uzi you can go through $57 worth of bullets in one press of the trigger. With free aim, they go fast.

When you kill a player he/she only drops $100 dollars regardless of what they have. On a special occasion I think they dropped $200 because it was a 1 on 1 death match. So much for sniping folks for their cash.

Golf is still awesome. Even if you play by yourself, it will help you rank up since you always get first. I am a fan of tiger woods games, and its very similar to one. But again its hard to get an impromtu game going since people are doing missions and killing each other.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
I got to play last night for a little bit and Here is stuff I noticed about online.

1. (unconfirmed) You can only invite your friends who are online, the people from your previous job, and the other 15 players in your world to join matches. While you are free roaming, other players will invite you to join their mission or to play golf, etc, via a text message. If your chasing down another player or being pursued by the cops, you might just ignore the message.

There are probably hundreds of thousands of people looking for a death match online, but you will never get a full match, not even a decent turnout because it doesn't seem to be linking people up that way.

2. Cops - Ridiculous. You might as well be covered in blood running through beverly hills. If any cop sees you in a car that is not your own or even walking around sometimes you will get a wanted star. The overwhelming majority of the online experience was running from the cops.

It was fun at first because you get rank up points. But after a while its annoying.

3. Money is a pita - I hope that heists get fixed and that its easy to get up to 250,000-1,000,000 because everything gets expensive. Fixing your car costs $600 a pop, replacing it on insurance was around $900 (but I have a sweet lakers color mercedes also maybe my fees are higher).

Dying costs $400-$500 dollars maybe more if the cops kill you. If you go around the map getting in skirmishes with other players you can lose that $5,000 you deposited into the bank pretty quick.

You have to buy your ammo and armor. With the uzi you can go through $57 worth of bullets in one press of the trigger. With free aim, they go fast.

When you kill a player he/she only drops $100 dollars regardless of what they have. On a special occasion I think they dropped $200 because it was a 1 on 1 death match. So much for sniping folks for their cash.

Golf is still awesome. Even if you play by yourself, it will help you rank up since you always get first. I am a fan of tiger woods games, and its very similar to one. But again its hard to get an impromtu game going since people are doing missions and killing each other.

I see all of what you mentioned, but that match making is a major tactical error on their part. I could only get like 7-8 people max in a TDM game.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject:

From Rockstar

Quote:
Update -- 4:30 PM ET 10/3/13:
We're currently working on a title update for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 to address commonly reported issues with GTA Online. We hope to have it out for download as soon as tomorrow.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates-

Nice hopefully the update fixes a lot of the stuff. Worked smoothly yesterday for me. Today doesn't let me join a session only a solo session. At least my character wasn't deleted.

I was able to get up to around 45 thousand with my character. Every 24 hours in game time you can sell a car to "Los Santos Customs". I know I sold a ubermacht oracle coupe for 8 grand to them. Its definitely possible to earn money, but you can't just have fun for the heck of it you have to keep an eye on your bank account for every death.

I heard there are some missions you can redo and make a crap load of money once you get to like around level 15. I assume once you level up a lot the missions will have bigger payouts. Obviously including heists.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
eureca wrote:

I just can't see the online portion having any kind of long lasting community. Also, when everyone reviewed this game why was the mp not factored in? Every other game that also includes mp gets included with the overall score. Shouldn't they have just waited to review the entire package? Very clever on Rockstar's end to release mp at a later date. I'm sure there are some politics going on behind the scenes.

What review sites actually factor in the online into the review? NBA 2k been steady getting 9+ and its online is simply awful. Then again, it has no business getting a 9 in the first place. I think IGN is giving GTA Online a separate review, and they'll wait until the fix(rightfully so).

As for having a long lasting community, I still play SA-MP, a lot of people do. Still going very strong despite San Andreas being released 10 years ago. You can do a lot more things in GTA Online, though SA-MP has some advantages over GTAO.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Apparently losing money for every death online on hospital bills was a bug. Rockstar says they fixed it with this new patch that was released today.

Edit: You still lose money from the bank on free roam deaths. What they patched was losing money for missions/deathmatch etc.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200216027-Petition-to-change-medical-bills-ruins-the-game-

Also the aiming settings you use in singleplayer carries over to multiplayer. I believe you are automatically placed in sessions with people that use the same aim settings as you at least that is what some people are saying.

Still reports of people losing their characters after the patch. People also losing their properties that they purchased. And you can only own one property at a time. Can't own a home and a separate garage.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject:

oliverginob wrote:
for XBox 360 users, clear your chache and online will work .

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

I cleared it and was able to play, but my connection timed out after an hour
did this. didnt help one bit. still no online for me. i'll check back this weekend.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
no they did that so you will keep playing to get your money back.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Apparently losing money for every death online on hospital bills was a bug. Rockstar says they fixed it with this new patch that was released today.

Edit: You still lose money from the bank on free roam deaths. What they patched was losing money for missions/deathmatch etc.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200216027-Petition-to-change-medical-bills-ruins-the-game-

Also the aiming settings you use in singleplayer carries over to multiplayer. I believe you are automatically placed in sessions with people that use the same aim settings as you at least that is what some people are saying.

Still reports of people losing their characters after the patch. People also losing their properties that they purchased. And you can only own one property at a time. Can't own a home and a separate garage.
i have a funny feeling it wasnt a bug when you lost money on dmatches and other stuff. you should lose doe going to the hospital. its tough out there. lol... you should be able to sign up for the "affordable care act" if you do that you just have money taking out of your account periodically so when you die. you dont have to pay nearly as much. just a $25 copay. lol.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I see all of what you mentioned, but that match making is a major tactical error on their part. I could only get like 7-8 people max in a TDM game.
if they have the same server team that runs their nba 2k basketball i see why it sucks. nba 2k's servers sucked for YEARSSSSSS. i mean we had to do all sorts of ridiculous silly stuff to get things to work properly. i guess some companies just dont know how to run online games as well as others. and its a HUGE difference. what i'm saying is, GTA should've hired EA to run their servers. lol.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16
Jump to: