Kobe Bryant is frustrated, Dwight Howard wants him to chill
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulsung123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Kobe Bryant is frustrated, Dwight Howard wants him to chill

SMH

This isn't your team, get in line.
You said you wanted to learn how to win from Kobe, then shut ur trap and listen.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/08/kobe-bryant-is-frustrated-dwight-howard-wants-him-to-chill/
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject:

and I want him to learn how to jump again. Everytime he goes up with a weak layup i get the feeling he's about to be blocked by the rim.
v1n5anity
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe Bryant is frustrated, Dwight Howard wants him to chill

paulsung123 wrote:

SMH

You said you wanted to learn how to win from Kobe, then shut ur trap and listen.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/08/kobe-bryant-is-frustrated-dwight-howard-wants-him-to-chill/

Who cares if it's Kobe's team? Dwight is the better player.
Mamba/Superman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject:

Uh oh,we can kiss Dwight good bye,Kobe/Dwight already butting heads I knew this would happen just not this early.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe Bryant is frustrated, Dwight Howard wants him to chill

paulsung123 wrote:

SMH

the kid aint ready to stop smiling. hey it is what it is. this is the difference between a shaq and kobe alpha male team. and a good guy thats nice with a ton of skill. you see mr good guy gasol. and how he's acting on the court.
Mamba/Superman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject:

I was being sarcastic by the way.
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject:

No big deal.

Dwight is rehasing the "Good cop Bad cop" scenario that Lamar Odom always used to bring to the Locker Room.

Remember all the Pau Gasol, "I wish I could get the ball more quotes" hinting at Kobe? Now that's even crazier! But Kobe obliged for the betterment of the team.

Last edited by Clark Kent on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject:

Mamba/Superman wrote:
Uh oh,we can kiss Dwight good bye,Kobe/Dwight already butting heads I knew this would happen just not this early.
mamba is to tough for most. this is why bynum was a special kind of young guy. gift and a curse. he really didnt care what you thought. he got his self together and got himself to the point of being an allstar center to shut people up. what a shame that he's obviously injury prone. so if dwight goes because he's not tough enough. remember he was afraid to be a laker cause he didnt want to be in the shadow of all the greats. he didnt want that expectation on his head. which is why he wanted to be a net vs a laker.

this is that kind of young guy way of thinking in this new era. i'm afraid to say.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:
No big deal.

Dwight is rehasing the good cop bad cop that Lamar Odom used to bring to the Locker Room.

Remember all the Pau Gasol, "I wish I could get the ball more quotes" hinting at Kobe? Now that's even crazier! But Kobe obliged for the betterment of the team.
this better be the case. cause if it aint it will become a problem.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject:

is it "passion" or just insane negativity.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:
No big deal.

Dwight is rehasing the "Good cop Bad cop" scenario that Lamar Odom always used to bring to the Locker Room.

Agreed.

In before Lakers Fans here start panicking and taking sides. #EmotionalFail
paulsung123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:
No big deal.

From what I recall, Odom and Fisher who played good cop never publicly called out Kobe's frustrations through the media. I don't consider Gasol ever having played the good cop role even though he is definitely a good guy, he's not enough of a "cop" for the team.

If Dwight's got a problem with Kobe's intensity, he should do it behind closed doors because like it or not, this is still Kobe's team and the last thing we need is internal divisions between our two best players.

Odom and Fisher were able to ameliorate the intensity, not stand in stark contrast and defiance of it, effectively fanning it more.

Dwight this is the Lakers. We don't smile when we lose, even during a "process." This process nomenclature has quite ridiculously created a built in excuse system for the next 2 months for Brown to get by with whatever failure this team experiences. 1-4 is not acceptable and 1-5 is surely coming because I highly doubt we're beating the Warriors the way we're playing.

Fall in line Dwight. When it's your team, our team can smile whatever way you please. Right now, we're scowling with Kobe to the chip like we've done 5 times without your sorry carcass here before. This "kid" needs to learn the universe doesn't revolve around him like it did in the backwaters of Orlando.
Lakersarethebesteva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe Bryant is frustrated, Dwight Howard wants him to chill

paulsung123 wrote:

SMH

You bite your tongue, Dwight Howard here is an absolute blessing.
mandywwm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject:

Can Dwight handle this kind of expectation and pressure?

I doubt that
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe Bryant is frustrated, Dwight Howard wants him to chill

Lakersarethebesteva wrote:
paulsung123 wrote:

SMH

You bite your tongue, Dwight Howard here is an absolute blessing.

Of course Dwight being here is great. I wouldn't go so far as an absolute blessing
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject:

Kobe has 16 years in the league and 5 rings, he can be frustrated if he wants to.
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Clark Kent wrote:
No big deal.

Agreed.

In before Lakers Fans here start panicking and taking sides. #EmotionalFail

Too late, seems like it STARTED.

Last edited by Clark Kent on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Mamba/Superman wrote:
mamba is to tough for most. this is why bynum was a special kind of young guy. gift and a curse. he really didnt care what you thought. he got his self together and got himself to the point of being an allstar center to shut people up. what a shame that he's obviously injury prone. so if dwight goes because he's not tough enough. remember he was afraid to be a laker cause he didnt want to be in the shadow of all the greats. he didnt want that expectation on his head. which is why he wanted to be a net vs a laker.

this is that kind of young guy way of thinking in this new era. i'm afraid to say.
Please stop bringing up Bynum.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Kobe has 16 years in the league and 5 rings, he can be frustrated if he wants to.
Yup. Especially when the team is so damn lazy on the defensive end.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject:

When you're 1 and what are we up to now....12 (preseason included), a little frustration is order. Even bad teams win more than 1 game in 13 tries.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject:

paulsung123 wrote:
Clark Kent wrote:
No big deal.

From what I recall, Odom and Fisher who played good cop never publicly called out Kobe's frustrations through the media. I don't consider Gasol ever having played the good cop role even though he is definitely a good guy, he's not enough of a "cop" for the team.

If Dwight's got a problem with Kobe's intensity, he should do it behind closed doors because like it or not, this is still Kobe's team and the last thing we need is internal divisions between our two best players.

Odom and Fisher were able to ameliorate the intensity, not stand in stark contrast and defiance of it, effectively fanning it more.

Dwight this is the Lakers. We don't smile when we lose, even during a "process." This process nomenclature has quite ridiculously created a built in excuse system for the next 2 months for Brown to get by with whatever failure this team experiences. 1-4 is not acceptable and 1-5 is surely coming because I highly doubt we're beating the Warriors the way we're playing.

how silly

Fall in line Dwight. When it's your team, our team can smile whatever way you please. Right now, we're scowling with Kobe to the chip like we've done 5 times without your sorry carcass here before. This "kid" needs to learn the universe doesn't revolve around him like it did in the backwaters of Orlando.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Dwight showing good leadership. He is right, you can't be showing your frustration on the court and start acting like a big baby! it rubs the team the wrong way, especially guys looking up at their leaders for leadership
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Any video of Kobe giving Mike Brown the look of death?
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
paulsung123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Any video of Kobe giving Mike Brown the look of death?

Just everywhere.... there are like 3 threads about it or linked with it
paulsung123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
When you're 1 and what are we up to now....12 (preseason included), a little frustration is order. Even bad teams win more than 1 game in 13 tries.

Exactly. It's a process though so we shouldn't visibly show our frustration remember? (sarcasm filter about to explode)

Some frustration is in order and could be exactly what the doctor orders to play the game harder. Unfortunately more frustation won't help our coach get any better in terms of rotations or subs. It would make it even worse than where its at now. Metta at back 2 wow while Meeks is hit wit DNP-CD's. That takes the cake.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: