***OFFICAL: WELCOME MIKE D'ANTONI AS THE NEXT HEAD COACH OF THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 41105

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Dave McMenamin‏@mcten

Quote:
Mike D'Antoni is expect to arrive in L.A. on Wednesday. Depending on the time of his flight, his intro presser will be either Weds or Thurs

_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
It's Clobbering Time
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 758
Location: Long Beach, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Dave McMenamin‏@mcten

Quote:
Mike D'Antoni is expect to arrive in L.A. on Wednesday. Depending on the time of his flight, his intro presser will be either Weds or Thurs


Yes! He's in a Los Angeles state of mind. Can't wait.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 19067
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject:

That means bernie will coach tuesday.
Damn. I was hoping for a perfect coaching record for bernie.

COME ON PLEASE BEAT THE SPURS PLEASE PLEASE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Talby
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jun 2008
Posts: 3595

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Is Mcmillan in or out?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 2971

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Talby wrote:
Is Mcmillan in or out?


ESPN Radio said he's the next call, so no official word yet. D'Antoni isn't expected to coach until Friday, so they have time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 41105

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Mark Medina‏@MedinaLakersNBA

Quote:
Mike D'Antoni's press conference would be Wed. at earliest, but I'm told it's unlikely. All depends on timing when he's medically cleared

_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 May 2006
Posts: 665

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject:

All I'm gonna say is, if Kobe, Nash, & the Buss family endorse D'antoni as coach, I gotta support them as well. I'm actually excited to see the offense, it's gonna be fun (think 11 seconds or less instead of 7 lol). & if we get Nate as assistant too, even better.

I just hope Dwight is okay with it as well. Gotta make the future of the franchise happy. But we will finally see Nash be Nash, and all the things (offensively) we were complaining about Brown for, will be solved with D'antoni. Looking forward to what Meeks & Jamison will do under his system.

It's funny though, how I used to despise Nash & D'antoni, and now they are Lakers. Hope they both get their first title with us
_________________
shnjb wrote:
Smush gets crossed over like homologous chromosomes during prophase I.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Feb 2002
Posts: 13165
Location: Reseda, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject:

I just heard this New Yorker go ballistic on ESPN radio. It was awesome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 1805

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject:

To all the supporters of this decision...don't fool yourselves, this was all about MONEY, EGO, and POWER. This was not about who is the best coach or about who gives us the best chance to win. We can rationalize all we want but that does not change the reality.

We should have already learned our lessons from the MB hire. He was hired for the very same reasons. Obviously, this is what we are getting for coaching decisions for the foreseeable future with Jimbo at the helm.

However, as a Laker fan, I will hope for the best.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 1805

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Mark Medina‏@MedinaLakersNBA

Quote:
Mike D'Antoni's press conference would be Wed. at earliest, but I'm told it's unlikely. All depends on timing when he's medically cleared


Great! Off to a roaring start!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
christhn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 690

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject:

magicdays wrote:
32 wrote:
Mark Medina‏@MedinaLakersNBA

Quote:
Mike D'Antoni's press conference would be Wed. at earliest, but I'm told it's unlikely. All depends on timing when he's medically cleared


Great! Off to a roaring start!



He fits perfectly into our team the way we've started with D12, JHill, Kobe, and Nash out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 1805

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject:

christhn wrote:
magicdays wrote:
32 wrote:
Mark Medina‏@MedinaLakersNBA

Quote:
Mike D'Antoni's press conference would be Wed. at earliest, but I'm told it's unlikely. All depends on timing when he's medically cleared


Great! Off to a roaring start!



He fits perfectly into our team the way we've started with D12, JHill, Kobe, and Nash out.


maybe he can borrow Phil's high chair when he sits on the sideline
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dyyhard
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Posts: 76

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Bynum launching threes in D'Antoni's offense. What could have been.
_________________
DESTINY MET!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wagyu Kobe
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jun 2010
Posts: 1082

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Welcome Monopoly Man! Please pass GO, please collect $4M a year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerspride247
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jul 2004
Posts: 158
Location: San Francisco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Wagyu Kobe wrote:
Welcome Monopoly Man! Please pass GO, please collect $4M a year.


http://www.usaopoly.com/games/monopoly-los-angeles-lakers-collectors-edition
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
KobePau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 03 Feb 2008
Posts: 380

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7684157/mike-dantoni-lost-new-york-knicks-locker-room-according-sources
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Alexisonfire26
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 938
Location: NorCal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject:

magicdays wrote:
To all the supporters of this decision...don't fool yourselves, this was all about MONEY, EGO, and POWER. This was not about who is the best coach or about who gives us the best chance to win. We can rationalize all we want but that does not change the reality.

We should have already learned our lessons from the MB hire. He was hired for the very same reasons. Obviously, this is what we are getting for coaching decisions for the foreseeable future with Jimbo at the helm.

However, as a Laker fan, I will hope for the best.


Its NOT one sided bro. D'antoni is NOT Mike Brown..... Welcome MD to the Laker family! GO LAKERS!
_________________
"I was just letting the shots fly. You know, I don't leave any bullets in the chamber." -Kobe

Lakers, Rams, Giants, UCLA, Galaxy, Everton, USMNT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Teamof2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Apr 2001
Posts: 2274
Location: San Francisco, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Lets boycott.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2009
Posts: 5169

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to the Lakers, Antoni!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ssiknick833
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2009
Posts: 11834
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject:


_________________
akola wrote:
KILL BILL Artest.
R.I.P. wheelchair
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobemania3-16
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Posts: 2204
Location: Right down there

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject:

Good luck Ontoni.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 704
Location: Los Angeles, CA.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject:

All I know... is if Kobe and/ or Pau are reduced to just standing outside above the 3 point line waiting for kick outs, this is truly the beginning the end.
_________________
Blood, sweat, tears,
We dripped all three just to get here.
No longer will I wake up and my dreams just vanished.
Itís staring right at me, I must take advantage.

Juelz Santana - "The Second Coming"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Beautifl1
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 01 Nov 2012
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: The Laker Organization .....Very Unprofessional!!!

The way the Lakers handled the situation with Phil Jackson. If they had D'Antoni was the choice, then the Laker Organization could have waited until Monday morning to let Phil know that they are going in a different direction. I just wish that the Laker Organization would just stop making excuses and tell the real deal. For how the Laker Organization handled this situation was very unprofessional and I have lost respect for them. How can you not hire an 11 time NBA Champion....5 of which he brought to the Laker Organization!!!!

It is what it is, but to treat someone who has brought 5 Championships to your organization is disgraceful!!!

A very disappointed Fan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1720

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject:

Welcome Mr. O'Antoni.
_________________
Mama, There Goes That Mamba.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tom
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2009
Posts: 5011

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: The Laker Organization .....Very Unprofessional!!!

Beautifl1 wrote:
The way the Lakers handled the situation with Phil Jackson. If they had D'Antoni was the choice, then the Laker Organization could have waited until Monday morning to let Phil know that they are going in a different direction. I just wish that the Laker Organization would just stop making excuses and tell the real deal. For how the Laker Organization handled this situation was very unprofessional and I have lost respect for them. How can you not hire an 11 time NBA Champion....5 of which he brought to the Laker Organization!!!!

It is what it is, but to treat someone who has brought 5 Championships to your organization is disgraceful!!!

A very disappointed Fan.


So your mad at Jerry Buss who brought you all those titles,because he didn't want Phil? It's his franchise. He can do what he wants with them. If your so disappointed. The door is that way. I'm sure you wont be missed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB