***OFFICAL: WELCOME MIKE D'ANTONI AS THE NEXT HEAD COACH OF THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
That means bernie will coach tuesday.
Damn. I was hoping for a perfect coaching record for bernie.

COME ON PLEASE BEAT THE SPURS PLEASE PLEASE

Please?

Im hoping we can keep bernie. A big win could seal the deal
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject:

KobePau wrote:
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7684157/mike-dantoni-lost-new-york-knicks-locker-room-according-sources

Quote:
In addition to questioning D'Antoni, players are complaining about playing time, and confused about the offensive and defensive schemes.

Lets hope he has better luck in LA working with Nash again. Welcome D'Antoni!
Coastal_Eddie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Here's Kevin Dings take on the hiring of Dan.

Quote:
The hour and a half at Jackson’s home in Playa del Rey ended with handshakes – but there is evidence to support the belief that it began with the Lakers’ brass never really expecting Jackson to want the job.

When Jackson and Kupchak had a casual lunch just two months ago, Jackson said he didn’t think he ever wanted to coach again.When Kupchak reminded him of that in the Saturday meeting, Jackson explained that the earlier debate didn’t include all these real and attractive details with his old team in his adopted home, Bryant and Pau Gasol joined now by Dwight Howard and Steve Nash.)

So maybe the Lakers went into this process planning a token gesture toward Jackson that they could present to the fans: “See, we did try for Phil again – with Jim even proving there are no hard feelings by making the overture personally – and Phil isn’t interested, sorry. Everybody get excited for Mike D’Antoni!

And treat those two impostors just the same.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Welcome MDA. Show me what you got!
sirronstuff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Coastal_Eddie wrote:

Quote:
The hour and a half at Jackson’s home in Playa del Rey ended with handshakes – but there is evidence to support the belief that it began with the Lakers’ brass never really expecting Jackson to want the job.

When Jackson and Kupchak had a casual lunch just two months ago, Jackson said he didn’t think he ever wanted to coach again.When Kupchak reminded him of that in the Saturday meeting, Jackson explained that the earlier debate didn’t include all these real and attractive details with his old team in his adopted home, Bryant and Pau Gasol joined now by Dwight Howard and Steve Nash.)

So maybe the Lakers went into this process planning a token gesture toward Jackson that they could present to the fans: “See, we did try for Phil again – with Jim even proving there are no hard feelings by making the overture personally – and Phil isn’t interested, sorry. Everybody get excited for Mike D’Antoni!

Interesting. However, I think he did make demands (Now denying) that were probably a bit unreasonable. If not, poor form by the Lakers. It was their job to give to whom they wanted, so I don't understand feeling like they'd have to lie to go in the direction they felt was best. That seems silly, and I don't think that Kupchak would necessarily play along and let his integrity be questioned, even if Buss was.
Lake_Show99th
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject:

welcome aboard Pringles
kobe.f.bryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject:

love dawnt onny
plazma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Welcome Mike, i'm sure he'll get few rings in the City of Angels...

All his teams were fun to watch, so it's Showtime again baby...
Vino
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Rather than making the players fit into a structured offense, D'Antoni is building the offense around the skill sets of his players in a way that will make each of them most effective. He talked about how he wants to get the ball to Howard without just forcing him to post up and make his own moves, how he will have schemes to move Pau into positions where he functions best, how Nash will be his coach on the floor to orchestrate the most wide-open shots for everyone, and how shooters like Jodie Meeks will be given opportunities to shoot. No overcoaching. No mind games. No breaking of players' wills to conform to your set system. Just free-flowing basketball.

You think Dwight's not going to have fun? He already is committed to defense without reservation. What will happen when he's getting easy looks, lots of dunks, and scoring up a storm? He'll be even more energized. Kobe's already shooting over 50 percent and he'll do even better under D'Antoni.

What a concept -- see what you've got and tailor your system around your players.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject:

^It sounds great, I would've bought into it hook, line, and sinker. Unfortunately, that system for some reason didn't work with Carmelo. After MDA left NY, they supposedly did well with Woodson and with new personnel this year, they are undefeated.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
^It sounds great, I would've bought into it hook, line, and sinker. Unfortunately, that system for some reason didn't work with Carmelo. After MDA left NY, they supposedly did well with Woodson and with new personnel this year, they are undefeated.

In fairness, Carmelo couldn't get along with karl either. I think it's Melo, not the coach, and I guarantee you when the Knicks face some adversity, Woodson's melo honeymoon will end too.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:

I've watched Melo a lot. The biggest issues with him in MDA's system is that he's pretty much awful at doing anything without the ball. He's purely an ISO player. He's a hell of a scorer, but can't pass very well. There's a reason so many people call him a ball stopper. He was just awful in MDA's offense or really any offense that doesn't feature a ton of ISO's plays. I mean he's not even great at PnR's.

It was a match made in hell.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject:

Scherm wrote:
Rather than making the players fit into a structured offense, D'Antoni is building the offense around the skill sets of his players in a way that will make each of them most effective. He talked about how he wants to get the ball to Howard without just forcing him to post up and make his own moves, how he will have schemes to move Pau into positions where he functions best, how Nash will be his coach on the floor to orchestrate the most wide-open shots for everyone, and how shooters like Jodie Meeks will be given opportunities to shoot. No overcoaching. No mind games. No breaking of players' wills to conform to your set system. Just free-flowing basketball.

You think Dwight's not going to have fun? He already is committed to defense without reservation. What will happen when he's getting easy looks, lots of dunks, and scoring up a storm? He'll be even more energized. Kobe's already shooting over 50 percent and he'll do even better under D'Antoni.

What a concept -- see what you've got and tailor your system around your players.

Is that even possible? He's already a wing player shooting over 50% which is already phenomenal. I'll be happy if he just continues this ridiculous efficiency.

My personal take with him is very positive for the simple reason that he will emphasize getting into the offense quickly with an initial PnR. In so many of our losses the amount of shots we had was just down right dreadful. The added bonus is that this should theoretically decrease our turnovers significantly since it should reduce the amount of passes we had to make to get off a decent shot in the princeton.

I love his goal of getting to 110 points a night just by increasing our shots taken. If we can score that many points a game, we will be deadly.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject:

sirronstuff wrote:
Coastal_Eddie wrote:

Quote:

Interesting. However, I think he did make demands (Now denying) that were probably a bit unreasonable. If not, poor form by the Lakers. It was their job to give to whom they wanted, so I don't understand feeling like they'd have to lie to go in the direction they felt was best. That seems silly, and I don't think that Kupchak would necessarily play along and let his integrity be questioned, even if Buss was.

You also have to think Mitch was thinking a bit long term here especially with Dwight and making sure there was a coach established that would be here next year. Phil could easily reretire if we won another ring.
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:

I think the reason why it didn't work with NY is because Melo was a black hole. He wanted to play Melo ball. Coach Mike is more of a team coach. I'm sure he doesn't believe in isolations, where Melo thrives.

The reason I think NY is playing well is because Melo gave up the Melo ball look. Mike Woodsen is basically doing what Bernie is doing now. Just go out and play. The same way Vinny Del Negro is coaching. Just go out and play. The times I watch the Clippers I swear there aren't any set plays. Players get into their comfortable position and just play. It works well when you are up 10 points... but when it comes down to one play... that's where Kobe or Melo ball comes into play.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
K2 wrote:

In fairness, Carmelo couldn't get along with karl either. I think it's Melo, not the coach, and I guarantee you when the Knicks face some adversity, Woodson's melo honeymoon will end too.

In retrospect, it seems the only coach that Melo could get along with was his college coach Boeheim and that was for one season at Syracuse. Concur that Melo will tune out Woodson, it's only a matter of time.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:

I've watched Melo a lot. The biggest issues with him in MDA's system is that he's pretty much awful at doing anything without the ball. He's purely an ISO player. He's a hell of a scorer, but can't pass very well. There's a reason so many people call him a ball stopper. He was just awful in MDA's offense or really any offense that doesn't feature a ton of ISO's plays. I mean he's not even great at PnR's.

It was a match made in hell.

repandpresent wrote:

I think the reason why it didn't work with NY is because Melo was a black hole. He wanted to play Melo ball. Coach Mike is more of a team coach. I'm sure he doesn't believe in isolations, where Melo thrives.

The reason I think NY is playing well is because Melo gave up the Melo ball look. Mike Woodsen is basically doing what Bernie is doing now. Just go out and play. The same way Vinny Del Negro is coaching. Just go out and play. The times I watch the Clippers I swear there aren't any set plays. Players get into their comfortable position and just play. It works well when you are up 10 points... but when it comes down to one play... that's where Kobe or Melo ball comes into play.

Thanks for the insights and observations on Melo, I'm glad that MDA is away from that situation and has a fresh start here with Kobe. Hoping that this will turn out to be great for everyone.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject:

Welcome to the greatest organization in all of professional sports. I hope and pray that your approach to coaching this team lead's to great success.

May the bench find their truest identity and flourish therein.

May Nash look more Nash-like.

May the team health remain strong.

Go Lakers!
Lonewolf9
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Welcome to the greatest organization in all of professional sports. I hope and pray that your approach to coaching this team lead's to great success.

May the bench find their truest identity and flourish therein.

May Nash look more Nash-like.

May the team health remain strong.

Go Lakers!

Amen brother
dogstar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject:

NOW GET THE (bleep) OUTTA TOWN!
mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Hahahhaha
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject:

murasakiANDgold wrote:
kobe1kanobe wrote:
Terrible mistake. Lakers will NOT make the playoffs.

All the other teams just laughed at the Lakers because they know we aint winning anything. A year from now, our team is going to implode. No Howard, No Nash. No Kobe.

Whoa. That's a helluva prediction man. You do know D'Antoni coached all those guys you mentioned right? Nash in phx and Kobe, Dwight in the Olympics in '08 and '12.

Prediction was spot on!
Anon-kun
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject:

RMurphy_22 wrote:
murasakiANDgold wrote:
kobe1kanobe wrote:
Terrible mistake. Lakers will NOT make the playoffs.

All the other teams just laughed at the Lakers because they know we aint winning anything. A year from now, our team is going to implode. No Howard, No Nash. No Kobe.

Whoa. That's a helluva prediction man. You do know D'Antoni coached all those guys you mentioned right? Nash in phx and Kobe, Dwight in the Olympics in '08 and '12.

Prediction was spot on!

PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
yes! Phil Jackson would be a mistake!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13
Jump to: