Sports Nation Poll on Kobe's Foul

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think Kobe Bryant's motivation was for the foul on Mike Miller?
Protecting the lane?
21%
 21%  [ 13 ]
Personal Reasons?
78%
 78%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 61

TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Sports Nation Poll on Kobe's Foul

Just curious to see if the LG will have similar results to BSPN?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Stimps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject:

I chose "Personal Reasons" but I think that its BS that Wade did not get suspended for doing the same thing. Maybe Im just being bias.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Stimps wrote:
I chose "Personal Reasons" but I think that its BS that Wade did not get suspended for doing the same thing. Maybe Im just being bias.

No,.. it's the NBA that is showing a bias....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
33MDE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject:

I think it was for personal reasons. Night after night Kobe is fouled pretty hard, lately he gotten injured from the hard fouls and nothing was done about them form the refs. If seeing your own blood dos'nt get you hot, then there ain't nothing beating in your chest.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Stimps wrote:

Yeah you are I hate wade also, but wade threw one at Kobe's chest wasnt suspension worthy. While Kobe almost took Miller's head off and it was obvious it was for the elbow he got from miller earlier which I thought was unintetional.
KoolMo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject:

"...took his head off..."
Take it easy. Ain't like he leaned forward and thrusted his elbow into Miller's face. He was in position to take a charge and instead of laying his arms on his chest he extended. It was on purpose, but it wasn't about taking anybody's head of.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is a mean SOB.

His level of intensity is so great I think even his teammates are scared of him.

PERSONAL REASONS - I don't mind the payback but it has to be at a better time. That flagrant came back to cost us. We do play them 1 more time I think.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
heineken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject:

KoolMo wrote:
"...took his head off..."
Take it easy. Ain't like he leaned forward and thrusted his elbow into Miller's face. He was in position to take a charge and instead of laying his arms on his chest he extended. It was on purpose, but it wasn't about taking anybody's head of.

Exactly! He was leaning into a screen to create contact (for personal reasons) not trying to take Miller's head off. The 2 game suspension was typically NBA (Stern) looking to make an example of a situation. The act alone at worst was worth a one game suspension. (even if you include the talking he did after)
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject:

As far as "taking his head off", go back and watch Miller's foul on Kobe, because THAT was the one that looked like it would take Kobe's head off. It was far worse than Kobe's on Miller.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
As far as "taking his head off", go back and watch Miller's foul on Kobe, because THAT was the one that looked like it would take Kobe's head off. It was far worse than Kobe's on Miller.

Exactly LakerJam. The whole reason Kobe is suspended for two games is because NO ON ELSE ON THE LAKERS STEPPED UP AND LAID THE WOOD TO MILLER. After Kobe left the game to get his stitches, somebody should have laid Miller out. It shouldn't have to be Kobe who takes that foul. Everyone else on thet court should know, when they do that to your star, you stick up for him.
Stimps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Stimps wrote:

Yeah you are I hate wade also, but wade threw one at Kobe's chest wasnt suspension worthy. While Kobe almost took Miller's head off and it was obvious it was for the elbow he got from miller earlier which I thought was unintetional.

So, if a foul that was meant to be intention is ok as long as it wasn't to the player's head? Is that what’s in the rule book, I must of missed that one?

About Miller’s elbow being unintentional, so was Kobe’s on Wade. Both players retaliated; both players should be suspended. I won't dispute the suspension but just rather it be consistent across the league. That’s all I want to see, some consistency in this darn league.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

Exactly LakerJam. The whole reason Kobe is suspended for two games is because NO ON ELSE ON THE LAKERS STEPPED UP AND LAID THE WOOD TO MILLER. After Kobe left the game to get his stitches, somebody should have laid Miller out. It shouldn't have to be Kobe who takes that foul. Everyone else on thet court should know, when they do that to your star, you stick up for him.

You could not be more right...

how the hell does Kobe have to fight his own battles...I swear...this kind if 'ish pisses me off... our team is so soft that he's literally gotta do everything himself..even pay back... Kwame should have laid miller out...Lamar should have done something...you can let that crap go unchecked...

I can't wait 'til turiaf is ready to play...he would have done something...
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject:

I agree, Kobe should not have elbowed mike miller, it should have been Odom or Kwame or even Mihm. Those guys should have made it clear, don't mess with the boss. 8)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: