Hate saying this but...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Hate saying this but...

Clippers ain't nothing to F#*k with. They are sharp out the gates, going to be one confident bunch by seasons end.

What would hurt more, losing the Finals in Game 7 or getting swept by the Clippers? Hope neither happens.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Hate saying this but...

RMurphy_22 wrote:
Clippers ain't nothing to F#*k with. They are sharp out the gates, going to be one confident bunch by seasons end.

What would hurt more, losing the Finals in Game 7 or getting swept by the Clippers? Hope neither happens.

Are you serious?

You don't know how to spot a championship caliber team do you? Skill is just one part of the equation. There are so many intangibles to make a team a champion. Clippers only have talent, that's it.

Crappy coach, crappy organization, they've never played in a big playoff game in their lives, the list goes on and on.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait for the inevitable implosion of that team.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Hate saying this but...

methdxman wrote:

Are you serious?

You don't know how to spot a championship caliber team do you? Skill is just one part of the equation. There are so many intangibles to make a team a champion. Clippers only have talent, that's it.

Crappy coach, crappy organization, they've never played in a big playoff game in their lives, the list goes on and on.

The season is young so they have a LOT to prove but the Clippers have played big playoff games. That historic comeback and winning a game 7 in Memphis.
As far as spotting a championship team, you get them right all the time? Just say'n.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject:

They are extremley deep and athletic.
johnnyhandsome
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject:

gill2k wrote:

I think those days mighty be over for a while as much as that hurts. They didn't implode last season, and they actually spent more money this season and it's paying off right now.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hate saying this but...

RMurphy_22 wrote:

Getting a little ahead of yourself. We're 10 games into the season.
Laker_Leo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Can't hate on this Clips team. Always and forever will be a LAKERS fan, but I gotta give credit to this clips squad. As a fan of basketball in general, this team is pretty fun to watch. Still, in the end it's all about the Lake show and if/when it comes down to the wire and these two teams are last to battle it out in the West, I'll ALWAYS go with the purple and gold.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Leo wrote:
Can't hate on this Clips team. Always and forever will be a LAKERS fan, but I gotta give credit to this clips squad. As a fan of basketball in general, this team is pretty fun to watch. Still, in the end it's all about the Lake show and if/when it comes down to the wire and these two teams are last to battle it out in the West, I'll ALWAYS go with the purple and gold.

Watching Chris Paul's wannabe tough guy act while simultaneously flopping and whining to the refs isn't fun to watch. With all the athletes on that team, Chris Paul sure does grind the game down to a halt with his insistence to run a half court offense.
Laker_Leo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject:

TheJellosJigglin' wrote:
Laker_Leo wrote:

Watching Chris Paul's wannabe tough guy act while simultaneously flopping and whining to the refs isn't fun to watch. With all the athletes on that team, Chris Paul sure does grind the game down to a halt with his insistence to run a half court offense.

I agree with you on Paul's whining and flopping. If he would cut that drama queen (bleep) out, it would serve him better. I don't know if you watched tonight's game for instance, but if you did, the fun was in watching the 2nd unit play. EBledsoe especially.
iwearvans
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject:

They are IMO best team in the league so far
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject:

they are a legitimate threat. Super athletic and deep.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject:

You're sh___ing your pants about the Clippers in November?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Matt Barnes 14 points / 9 rebounds / 3 steals off the bench.

While Devin Ebanks gets DNPs and Antawn Jamison shoots 20%. Really wished we kept Barnes.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject:

gill2k wrote:

It's only a matter of time before the Sterling tradition somehow implodes the Clippers ...
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
You're sh___ing your pants about the Clippers in November?

In reality, they're playing very well, but once we get rolling, I'm sure we'll curb stomp these clowns, especially in the playoffs.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject:

iwearvans wrote:

Its either them or the Knicks so far.
LAL82412
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Championships are won in June - NOT November.

As a "so-called" Lakers fan, you should already know this.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
iwearvans wrote:

Its either them or the Knicks so far.

Like the Spurs were last year - LOL
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject:

If Jordan keeps defending and rebounding as he has been, then they could be dangerous.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject:

If the Clips win a championship, a gigantic hole will open up in the Pacific and swallow everything and everyone inside of it.

I'd be SO happy to face the Clips in the playoffs. Bring it on.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Hate saying this but...

johnnyhandsome wrote:
methdxman wrote:

Are you serious?

The season is young so they have a LOT to prove but the Clippers have played big playoff games. That historic comeback and winning a game 7 in Memphis.
As far as spotting a championship team, you get them right all the time? Just say'n.

During all five of Kobe's championship seasons, I knew they were gonna win

The other 12 seasons I thought he was gonna win too, but let's not count those. as me being wrong.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Hate saying this but...

methdxman wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:

Are you serious?

All that is pre CP3. The guy is simply amazing.

But yeah, I don't think they can win it all because too much is on CP3. All this Jamal Crawford dancing around going one on one nonsense will end with bricks when it matters as usual in his career. In a half court setting, I still don't think Blake is a premiere go to guy.

Actually, these Clippers remind me very much of the Payton/Kemp Sonics. Top pg in the game paired with a high flying PF who doesn't have much of a half court go to post up game.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Put Kobe on CP3. /Clips
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject:

CP3's late game reliance on referees won't work in the playoffs
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: