Dear mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tttppp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Last Friday I suspended you for 1-day for calling another poster a "Kobe-homer" which is considered an insult on this board. The same would hold true for "Pau hater" or "D12 hugger" or any other variation.

Knowing you had just been suspended for this, you began a thread with the following post:

Quote:
Let talk about the pecking order of this team. Seriously, who is the best player on this team.

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

It's time for Dwight era to begin. It never felt it begins as long as too many Kobe fanboy keep saying Kobe is the Lakers best player.

Although you entitled the thread "Pecking Order" you didn't actually make any in-depth arguments for the pecking order you listed. Nor did you post any of the "statistical data" you have been "gathering for the last two years." And you ended the brief post by insulting "Kobe fanboys" thereby sending out a red flare for anyone who didn't agree with you to come in and give you grief.

This type of thread starter on most message boards would be considered "trolling." Why? Because there was no serious attempt to expand on your theory so that people could actually discuss the basketball reasons for your pecking order. Instead a hot potato was tossed out that would inevitably rile people up. That's what trolls do.

Posters are allowed to criticize Kobe, and posters are allowed to think Kobe should become the number 2 option. But if you're going to take that position, you need to be able to back it up with facts and logical argument. Since you didn't, the thread was perceived as a troll thread and most of the posts were insults toward you and you returning the favor.

These types of threads do not serve the purpose of discussing basketball. They serve the purpose of calling attention to one's agenda. In this case the agenda seems to be your mission to enlighten the "Kobe-fanboys" that D12 should be the new number one option. In fact, your new name "dh12era" announces your agenda.

You even go so far as to say that D12 can never become the number one option until the Kobe-fanboys let go of their obsession. But the fans don't decide who the number one option is. It's D'Antoni and the players themselves through their play that determine that.

You might want to go back and read the Guidelines that DB posted in that Announcement thread where you posted your question as well as the "LG Site Moderation Policy" stickied at the top of this Feedback forum.

My only criticism of that is maybe he could have been warned in pm before he was banned. In my experience with discipline on this board, the first step always seems to be a suspension, but nobody has ever pmed me in advance explaining what was wrong with my posts. That's just my personal opinion. I think people should get a warning and explanation first.

With the exception of something particularly egregious, we almost always warn people, usually right there in the thread, before dropping a suspension on them. Of course, multiple time offenders tend to get less in the way of warnings.

That's how it should happen, however I haven't seen that. When I was susupended, it think twice, I had no clue what the deal was. And my posts were not severe, just an honest discussion with other people. In fact there were others that outright bashed me and received no discipline, yet I get suspended just for having a conversation.

Sorry you feel that way.

do you guys have access to the user personal email. maybe the mod can ban the poster first than send an email stating why they were ban.

if banned user would like to be a member of the board again they must submit some type of apology to the moderator and statement that is posted on LG on why that poster said violated TOS rules and a promise that he wont do it again

I like that idea. But in my case, the mod did note I did not violate the TOS...I was just deemed a crank. There was no way for me to post on that topic again so I had to avoid it altogether.

Correct. You are a crank on that subject. And getting to be spectacularly high maintenance, with a very questionable payoff. There's a life insurance joke that says never be worth more dead than alive.

I've already explained in this thread and several times before why I'm not a crank. And I don't appreciate being called a crank. You took a minor disagreement on that topic and made a huge deal out of it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject:

tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Last Friday I suspended you for 1-day for calling another poster a "Kobe-homer" which is considered an insult on this board. The same would hold true for "Pau hater" or "D12 hugger" or any other variation.

Knowing you had just been suspended for this, you began a thread with the following post:

Quote:
Let talk about the pecking order of this team. Seriously, who is the best player on this team.

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

It's time for Dwight era to begin. It never felt it begins as long as too many Kobe fanboy keep saying Kobe is the Lakers best player.

Although you entitled the thread "Pecking Order" you didn't actually make any in-depth arguments for the pecking order you listed. Nor did you post any of the "statistical data" you have been "gathering for the last two years." And you ended the brief post by insulting "Kobe fanboys" thereby sending out a red flare for anyone who didn't agree with you to come in and give you grief.

This type of thread starter on most message boards would be considered "trolling." Why? Because there was no serious attempt to expand on your theory so that people could actually discuss the basketball reasons for your pecking order. Instead a hot potato was tossed out that would inevitably rile people up. That's what trolls do.

Posters are allowed to criticize Kobe, and posters are allowed to think Kobe should become the number 2 option. But if you're going to take that position, you need to be able to back it up with facts and logical argument. Since you didn't, the thread was perceived as a troll thread and most of the posts were insults toward you and you returning the favor.

These types of threads do not serve the purpose of discussing basketball. They serve the purpose of calling attention to one's agenda. In this case the agenda seems to be your mission to enlighten the "Kobe-fanboys" that D12 should be the new number one option. In fact, your new name "dh12era" announces your agenda.

You even go so far as to say that D12 can never become the number one option until the Kobe-fanboys let go of their obsession. But the fans don't decide who the number one option is. It's D'Antoni and the players themselves through their play that determine that.

You might want to go back and read the Guidelines that DB posted in that Announcement thread where you posted your question as well as the "LG Site Moderation Policy" stickied at the top of this Feedback forum.

My only criticism of that is maybe he could have been warned in pm before he was banned. In my experience with discipline on this board, the first step always seems to be a suspension, but nobody has ever pmed me in advance explaining what was wrong with my posts. That's just my personal opinion. I think people should get a warning and explanation first.

With the exception of something particularly egregious, we almost always warn people, usually right there in the thread, before dropping a suspension on them. Of course, multiple time offenders tend to get less in the way of warnings.

That's how it should happen, however I haven't seen that. When I was susupended, it think twice, I had no clue what the deal was. And my posts were not severe, just an honest discussion with other people. In fact there were others that outright bashed me and received no discipline, yet I get suspended just for having a conversation.

Sorry you feel that way.

do you guys have access to the user personal email. maybe the mod can ban the poster first than send an email stating why they were ban.

if banned user would like to be a member of the board again they must submit some type of apology to the moderator and statement that is posted on LG on why that poster said violated TOS rules and a promise that he wont do it again

I like that idea. But in my case, the mod did note I did not violate the TOS...I was just deemed a crank. There was no way for me to post on that topic again so I had to avoid it altogether.

Correct. You are a crank on that subject. And getting to be spectacularly high maintenance, with a very questionable payoff. There's a life insurance joke that says never be worth more dead than alive.

I've already explained in this thread and several times before why I'm not a crank. And I don't appreciate being called a crank. You took a minor disagreement on that topic and made a huge deal out of it.

Of course, cranks by definition don't believe they are cranks, and are not happy about being called cranks. And you took a prohibition about one subject unrelated to the main topic of the site and have been running your mouth whining about it ever since. And you still can't take a hint that's just slightly below the level of a two by four to the head. Let me make it impossible to miss.

Shut up already, or i'll do it for you.

tttppp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Quote:

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

Sorry you feel that way.

Of course, cranks by definition don't believe they are cranks, and are not happy about being called cranks. And you took a prohibition about one subject unrelated to the main topic of the site and have been running your mouth whining about it ever since. And you still can't take a hint that's just slightly below the level of a two by four to the head. Let me make it impossible to miss.

Then Ill make it easy for you and just leave this site permenantly. Your loss. I definetely could have shut up about it if you at any point took the high road and at least agreed to disagree, but not only have you banned me from chat, you have constantly insulted me. I've been in situations like this before. When the person in charge is a incompetent, its time to go.

I put up with your crap about banning me from acupuncture thread, but your insults have crossed the line. As I've said many times, you should not be a moderator.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject:

tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Quote:

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

Sorry you feel that way.

Then Ill make it easy for you and just leave this site permenantly. Your loss. I definetely could have shut up about it if you at any point took the high road and at least agreed to disagree, but not only have you banned me from chat, you have constantly insulted me. I've been in situations like this before. When the person in charge is a incompetent, its time to go.

I put up with your crap about banning me from acupuncture thread, but your insults have crossed the line. As I've said many times, you should not be a moderator.

Damn tttppp Just relax... Your taking stuff too seriously
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
24 wrote:
tttppp wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
To initiald/dh12era:

Quote:

1. Dh12
2. Kobe
3. Nash
4. Pau
5. Artest
6. Hill
7. Jamison

Sorry you feel that way.

Don't waste your time (and that's clearly what any discussion with this guy is). He chose to leave, and i just locked the door behind him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Thread reminded me of this scene...

Judge = 24
Vinny = tttppp

http://www.reelz.com/trailer-clips/49396/my-cousin-vinny-clip/
dh12era
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Why is my initiald account got ban? I just log in and say I was ban? What reasons?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject:

dh12era wrote:
Why is my initiald account got ban? I just log in and say I was ban? What reasons?

You'd have to ask the mod who banned you, but this one is getting banned for being an alternate screen name during a suspension/ban
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject:

dh12era wrote:

Read the previous page answering why you were suspended. Twice.
Then ChefLinda warned you twice more in a thread on 12-13.
Then 24 warned you on the same day.
So I banned you a couple hours later for ignoring them and continuing to engage in the behavior you were advised not to do.

And you want to know why you were banned?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
dh12era wrote:

Read the previous page answering why you were suspended. Twice.
Then ChefLinda warned you twice more in a thread on 12-13.
Then 24 warned you on the same day.
So I banned you a couple hours later for ignoring them and continuing to engage in the behavior you were advised not to do.

And you want to know why you were banned?

post the thread link... i could use a good laugh
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

Have some acupuncture.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: