LAKERS -at- NUGGETS - 12/26 - DIY Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: LAKERS -at- NUGGETS - 12/26 - DIY Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

Sorry, thought I set the DVR remotely, but it didn't take. Just got in to watch the last two minutes.

So it's Do It Yourself Thoughts & Ratings night.

Post them here.

(Also, FYI, I will not be able to cover the next one, as well.)
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Bad loss.
MemphisLAker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject:

We got Faried and Brewed.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Q. What did it mean to lose Dwight at that point?

D'Antoni: "Not a whole lot."

Ouch.

17 second-chance points in the first half. Sounds like we didn't rebound as a team.
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject:

We don't need any ratings. Just delete this embarrassment from memory, get drunk and boo your hearts out vs Blazers.

matrixskillz wrote:
everybody steals moves from everybody
I call that Basketball Communism.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Dwight -
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Dwight: "You just can't talk about defense and talk about where to go. You actually got to show guys where to go."
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject:

We gave up 58 points in the paint and over 25 second chance point. Defense sucked.
lakers96
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Dantoni has the worst rotations
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject:

"Sometimes when you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all"

- Steve Nash when asked about the reason for the team's energy
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject:

This team just waits for Refs to call fouls, then when they don't the team gets extremely frustrated. They need to change their habit and just keep on playing after no call. But lately the refs have sucked donkey **** so i don't know if i can blame our guys.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Jamison should get some PT & is still an effective scoring option in certain situations. OR we need to make some trades and get some young players with more energy in order to better play the uptempo game....
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Just a thought: Didn't both the Lakers and the Nuggets play in LA last night? Why in hell would you schedule the next game in Denver when both teams could've just stayed put and played at Staples the next night....what a waste of legs and jet fuel.

We need a backup pg asap. I say DJO until Blake comes back.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject:

lakers96 wrote:
Dantoni has the worst rotations
..... pretty much
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject:

No D
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject:

"I hope we've turned a corner with the NYK win!"

"NOPE."
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers came out lethargic, especially Dwight. He was slow to rotate and wasn't attempting to box out, but the ejection was beyond bogus and Dwight's presence alone would have affected the outcome. The officiating was awful all game. Kobe drove the ball hard at the end of the first and got hit across the head twice with no call. Dwight got hit with two hands coming down on him by Faried, similar to the play that got Dwight ejected, and he simply finished with no foul called. Kobe got called for a foul on Gallinari when there was no contact whatsoever and the Nuggets were getting ticky tack fouls called for them all game while the Lakers had to suffer through physical hacking. I haven't blamed the officials for one loss this season, mostly because the Lakers have usually played poorly, but I felt like the officials blatantly took the win from the Lakers here. They didn't play as well as they should have, but it was a game they deserved to win especially with the excellent performances by Nash and Kobe. They were in sync together, finding each other for open baskets on the outside and Nash finding Kobe on the occasional cut. I feel like they are gaining a chemistry together that will obviously be lethal with their combination of shooting, talent, passing and IQ.

Unlike almost every other Laker loss this season, I am optimistic after this one. I am seeing progress and resolve from the players that will make them tougher and more cohesive. The Lakers just came off a five game win streak which honestly should have continued to six if not for incompetent officiating. I really think the Lakers players will respond to this loss as a way to bond and forge a new huge win steak with an underdog mentality that it is "Us against the World." With the talent that the Lakers have, they just need to execute more consistently. Earlier I think their problem was just figuring out "how" to execute, they still needed to grasp the concepts of the system and those adjustments brought out frustration that led to lapses in energy and defense. Now they are executing very well at times and being extremely productive, but they just need to find that attitude of desperation so they can bring energy for an entire game. Twenty offensive rebounds and nearly sixty points in the paint is unacceptable, which is truly a product of energy and will.
luvcheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Nash was legit, kobe was pretty good. some crappy turnovers though. Scrubs were scrubbing. Jhill was good though. Pau had a couple of nice 3 pointers. If we're gonna lose may as well put all the scrubs on for some experience lol. Wheres jamison at. Btw live by the 3, die by the 3. wasn't raining that well.
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Getting tired of seeing scrubs like Corey Brewer, CJ Miles, etc. have career-nights against the Lakers.
cinek92
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject:

Wow. Just watching highlights and Kobe looks amazing despite playing over 40 minutes against Knicks... Too bad our D is terrible.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject:

Isn't Meeks, Ebanks, Morris and Hill suppose to provide the energy?

Interesting that posters talk about bringing in young and athletic talent, who would be better than what the Lakers already have.- realistically?

As what was stated in the interviews, the Lakers played "old." Doesn't that mean the aboce-listed bench players suppose to produce or we need to make a strong focus to punch them with our front court.

When Hill is not able to.match the Nuggets' energy or flock out Faryed, the Lakers just didn't have the energy and focus.

They are improving in several areas and hopefully hpme-cooking with Trailblazers on Friday will start another streak.
ForrestHump
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject:

I feel bad for Kobe, that guy should be wasting his best years on a contender not a pathetic team like this, no effort on D and the coach was completely clueless throwing players under the bus as usual. I know we look good when we're clicking and it might be the b2b or the amount of minutes our starters have been getting but there was no effort whatsoever, all I saw was Kobe taking tough shots and making them... Even our 05-06 squad looked better...

There's no reason a 34 yr old Kobe should be taking 23+ shots a game to keep the team alive, he does more than anyone's expected yet we look worse than we did last year...

Anyways I was disappointed, Duhon being garbage as usual, didn't really notice Dwight except for that foul on Faried..Even a 34 yr old Kobe had 2 blocks in the game, showing effort on D.

Let's just say this game left a bad taste in my mouth, didn't even bother coming on LG last night to avoid an early vacation.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject:

The Lakers young guys need set roles and set rotations to be effective.

It seems as though every time any of them have a good game, they are given ALOT of minutes the next game or they are put into the starting lineup. When they cant adjust quick enough, they are then buried at the end of the bench.

Also, Jameson should have played instead of Pau in the lineup that started the second quarter.
Smoothness101
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject:

Dwight/Morris/Duhon -
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject:

Here is my futile attempt (ain't no one gonna beat DB):

Kobe - Holy mother of. Dude drops 40 on 13/24 shots and nobody talks about it. I had doubts that he could play off ball. So far I have been VERY wrong. He looks better off ball than with the ball

Nash - Was everything we thought he could be. Genius on O, even at his ancient age, and horrible on D. Ty Law abused us....bad.

D12 - Frustrated. He either wasn't boxing out or was constantly in help mode so he couldn't box out. Faried owned the offensive glass. Not sure how that happens when we have D12 and Pau and Metta. I guess it goes to show that size isn't everything....in basketball at least

Pau - Good game from Pau. Was his usual soft self on D and rebounds, but was really good on offense. A bunch of pure skill dribble drives and dishes

Metta - Not a good shooting night for Metta. His effort and hustle were there, but it didn't matter when the nuggets caught fire. Nothing was gonna stop them

Meeks - Awful. Couldn't throw a pea in the ocean as Chick use to say. Then to make matters worse he would put his head down and charge the basket to lead to a few turn overs

Morris - Meh. Just when you think he might be able to make a contribution. He has like a series of turn overs in .5 seconds.

Hill - Good effort, but Faried has a motor on a different galaxy. He's like Hill and Turiaf on steroids.

Duhan - did a whole lot of nothing other than miss 3s by a wide margin

That's all I remember really...

Bottom line - Team looked old and tired against a hyper athletic young nugget team. 126 points in regulation though is a tough pill to swallow.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: