Magic # Thread - Thanks to all who supported this thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 244, 245, 246  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:

Even it the Clippers hold on to win tonight their record will match Memphis. Clips hold the tiebreaker but they still need to win the late game tomorrow vs. Sac. Memphis has the early game with Utah so they're still going to go all out and try to win that game in the case the Clippers lose to Sac. Which would give Memphis home court. So by no means is it going to be an easy game for Utah in Memphis.

Also Sac isn't going to roll over. That could be their last possible game in Arco before they move to Seattle. So there going to go all out too.

Hope it will play out with your scenario in Memphis, don't want to see the Jazz have an easy game. Hollins' starters might get about 24 minutes again, the others will have to pull through if they want HCA.

Agree it could very well be the last game at Arco. The Seattle group @ 550million is in position to win when the Board of Govenors meet later. The Sac group put in a bid for $525million, but without their lead billionaire (Ron Burkle) who exited the process earlier so they might not match.

No doubt Sac is going to play hard, but the latest word is that Tyreke will not play tomorrow due to a strained quad. Clippers should have a battle on their hands, regardless.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:

Even it the Clippers hold on to win tonight their record will match Memphis. Clips hold the tiebreaker but they still need to win the late game tomorrow vs. Sac. Memphis has the early game with Utah so they're still going to go all out and try to win that game in the case the Clippers lose to Sac. Which would give Memphis home court. So by no means is it going to be an easy game for Utah in Memphis.

Also Sac isn't going to roll over. That could be their last possible game in Arco before they move to Seattle. So there going to go all out too.

Hope it will play out with your scenario in Memphis, don't want to see the Jazz have an easy game. Hollins' starters might get about 24 minutes again, the others will have to pull through if they want HCA.

Agree it could very well be the last game at Arco. The Seattle group @ 550million is in position to win when the Board of Govenors meet later. The Sac group put in a bid for $525million, but without their lead billionaire (Ron Burkle) who exited the process earlier so they might not match.

No doubt Sac is going to play hard, but the latest word is that Tyreke will not play tomorrow due to a strained quad. Clippers should have a battle on their hands, regardless.

Please move that team outta Sac Town, it's over Queens Fans.

!...
Nordvader
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:

Please move that team outta Sac Town, it's over Queens Fans.

If the Kings are moved does the rights to whining about 2002 transfer to Seattle or does it stay in Sacramento until they find their next team.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject:

WOW, is ESPN freaking stunted??? They put this under the Clippers beating Portland headline:

"The Clips clinched the West's fourth seed Tuesday night with a win over Portland, which means they'll open the playoffs at home against Memphis."

Even though it's not likely Clippers lose at Sacramento, their headline is just flat out inaccurate. Maybe they need to get smarter people to work for them.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Win on Wednesday and We are guaranteed the 2nd round.

LakerBlue wrote:
Tanlentueux wrote:
dawglaker wrote:
Farazz wrote:
Spurs just signed T-mac, the 2nd round virgin...we would beat them easily now.

uhh OKC has #1 locked up

We get the 7th seed if we win dude and the guy who quoted him
Newbs..
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
WOW, is ESPN freaking stunted??? They put this under the Clippers beating Portland headline:

"The Clips clinched the West's fourth seed Tuesday night with a win over Portland, which means they'll open the playoffs at home against Memphis."

Even though it's not likely Clippers lose at Sacramento, their headline is just flat out inaccurate. Maybe they need to get smarter people to work for them.

Dude, they did clinch the 4th seed because they are division winners, they just didn't clinch home court against mem
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Dude, they did clinch the 4th seed because they are division winners, they just didn't clinch home court against mem

They been clinched at least the 4th seed, it didn't happen today. The only thing that happened today was...well, nothing.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject:

All they did was get a step closer to HCA, they can clinch tomorrow with a win against the Tyreke-less-Soon-To-Be-Sonics team.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

They been clinched at least the 4th seed, it didn't happen today. The only thing that happened today was...well, nothing.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject:

pretty amazing the lakers might end up with 45 wins. not bad at all considering all that has happened this season. no one would have guessed that we would end up 8 games above .500
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject:

I'm scared of tomorrow.
Kobewood
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I'm scared of tomorrow.

So am I. Their fate is in their hands and everything is there for the taking. You can't help but think they will find a way to screw it up.

Thank you Kobe for giving 20 years of yourself to the Purple and Gold. We are forever indebted to your greatness.

#WIN4VIN
dogstar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Kobewood wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I'm scared of tomorrow.

So am I. Their fate is in their hands and everything is there for the taking. You can't help but think they will find a way to screw it up.

It's late. When I first read this I thought it said... everything is there for the tanking.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject:

It's really fitting that it comes down to tomorrow.

Frankly, I'm at peace with whatever happens (face SAS, face OKC, out of playoffs).

Just a season to forget.
Thisismyusername
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject:

Wait so you mean everything depends on tonight's game? Damn
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject:

Tonight will be a lot of fun. I expect LA to be in the playoffs. I think Utah should lose to Memphis and it won't matter how we do against Houston.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Tonight will be a lot of fun. I expect LA to be in the playoffs. I think Utah should lose to Memphis and it won't matter how we do against Houston.

Memphis could certainly relieve some of the pressure, but the Lakers should take the must win attitude anyway.

I'd feel a lot more confident if we had #24 on the floor, but this will be an excellent time for D12 to shine and start to build his own Laker legacy.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject:

Ok, that's it. Let the chips fall were they may. If Memphis beats OKC and MDA decides to rest the starters, so be it. We may have been destined to face OKC instead of the Spurs. I rather have all guys healthy than a freak accident and injury to one of our key players just because we trying to avoid OKC
ReturnoftheMarc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
Ok, that's it. Let the chips fall were they may. If Memphis beats OKC and MDA decides to rest the starters, so be it. We may have been destined to face OKC instead of the Spurs. I rather have all guys healthy than a freak accident and injury to one of our key players just because we trying to avoid OKC

This! ^^^
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
K2 wrote:
Failblazers in cancun mode already, if Clippers hold on, it's almost certain Memphis starters will play limited minutes again versus the Jazz because their HCA chances got slimmer tonight.

Had been hoping the Jazz would lose to the Grizz tomorrow night so Lakers have insurance, but now not so sure.

If Hollins didn't care about that on Monday, what makes you think he's going to care today? He played his starters 24 minutes or less then, and he's likely to do it again today because he's already conceded home court, despite the slight possibility that still exists to get it.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject:

ReturnoftheMarc wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

This! ^^^

Translation for Mike DanToni:

7 man rotation. Each Starter/45+ minutes

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Frankly, I'm at peace with whatever happens (face SAS, face OKC, out of playoffs).

Just a season to forget

Pretty much how I feel.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Manu Ginobili (hamstring) is expected to play limited minutes on Wednesday.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Just a season to forget

Pretty much how I feel.

When Kobe went down, all illusions about winning it all went out the door. This team is playing with house money as it pertains to my fandom.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject:

I keep going back and forth between whether Memphis will try hard to beat the Jazz...Taking my Lakers bias out of it, even though it's unlikely that Clippers lose to Sacramento, I just think that home court is way too important to not even try to win the game, in the case that the Clippers lose by some miracle to the Kings, for who that might be the last game in Sacramento.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 244, 245, 246  Next
Page 245 of 246
Jump to: