+++ LAKERS -at- HEAT 2/10/13 GAME THREAD +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 99, 100, 101  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Jedi_Mind_Tricks wrote:
Everyone standing and watching while Kobe goes to work, while on the other end, everyone is involved. You really don't see the difference?

I have no problem with Kobe isos, but D'Antoni has to start using his other players. Kobe should not have to carry a team with this much offensive talent. The guy looks beat up out there after every single game.

Everyone WAS involved. Nash threw the ball away, Dwight lost the ball, MWP chucked up ELEVEN SHOTS. Clark SEVENTEEN SHOTS.

Our rotations are trash, we play ONE big man and get horribly out rebounded.

We started the fourth with both Nash and Kobe on the bench while Spoels alternated between Wade and Lebron.

COACHING COACHING COACHING.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dirka dirka wrote:
So was it offense that killed us or rebounding and defense? Because I know which way I'm pointing the finger. Kobe iso had nothing to do with either.

rebounding was horrible.. defensively, part of it is missed shots or TOs led to easy offense for them. Miami won't survive in a half-court long-term, but neither the players nor MDA is trying to play/strategize to keep them in half court.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kobe24Dwight12 wrote:
Is it a bad thing to wish an injury to a certain player like Artest? I mean, of all the players that are getting injured (Hill, Gasol, Dwight), it's funny the most (bleep) up player and most useless player on the team never even gets injured. It's only suspensions.

So much truth here - Always the (bleep) players who stay healthy.
THEGOAT0824
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Team of the 80's wrote:
Kobe24Dwight12 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Kobe24Dwight12 wrote:
Triangle in this game would have resulted in a win.

This.

As a minimum the shot selection would've been infinitely better and no ill advised 3 pt crappers

And surprise surprise, I'll add another comment. Lakers were 4-0 win MWP didn't play or didn't close out the game with heavy minutes. MWP is the trash of the NBA. So many ill advised fast break attempts and iso jumpers to ruin the Lakers flow offensively. Defense? Most overrated defensive player in the league. Pierce. Burnt. Durant. Burnt. Lebron. Burnt. Michael Beasley. Burnt.

Can't argue with that.

sad thing is we can't bury him on the bench, but he really need to be bench at this point
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:
I still don't understand how MDA figures to sustain on the road in the 4th with a lineup like that to start against LeBron and then Wade schooling the 2nd unit with Howard. I mean, you can't give it away to a team like that on the road and let them ride a lead through the rest of the game.

He's not thinking at all. Any grade school coach would have put in big men to rebound with 1 second on the clock in the 3rd. If we aren't going to play Sacre we absolutely need to get a backup big we WILL play.

Sacre is the worst rebounder on the team.
Coop_21
Star Player
Star Player

Heat are a great defensive team and they actually made adjustments in the 2nd half (something we as Laker fans are not familiar with even with Phil coaching). They stayed with Nash on the 1-2 pick & roll that Nash & Kobe ran successfully a few times in the 1st half. That and they switch so effectively & get their hands on a lot of balls. Pau would of helped with rebounds & just having a big out there but the better team as expected.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

RetroNikes wrote:
Crazy Like Ron Artest wrote:
After this loss I don't think there's chance the Lakers make the playoffs. I think it's over.
yeah, the Lakers are only 4 games back with 32 games left to go in the season. Yeah, it's total over.

SMFH.

Theres 30 games left in the season, they are 4 back of Utah. They still have 6 games against teams that we would consider the elite of the NBA.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject:

MDA post game interview ... half of the questions are about Lebron.

Last edited by k4lakers on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedi_Mind_Tricks
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
Jedi_Mind_Tricks wrote:
Everyone standing and watching while Kobe goes to work, while on the other end, everyone is involved. You really don't see the difference?

I have no problem with Kobe isos, but D'Antoni has to start using his other players. Kobe should not have to carry a team with this much offensive talent. The guy looks beat up out there after every single game.

Everyone WAS involved. Nash threw the ball away, Dwight lost the ball, MWP chucked up ELEVEN SHOTS. Clark SEVENTEEN SHOTS.

Our rotations are trash, we play ONE big man and get horribly out rebounded.

We started the fourth with both Nash and Kobe on the bench while Spoels alternated between Wade and Lebron.

COACHING COACHING COACHING.

Tell me one reliable play they have, that doesn't involve Kobe trying to create for others?

I agree... it's all about coaching.
THEGOAT0824
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
I'LL TAKE A 4-3 ROADY .....damn caps .... sad because it could have been much better (PHX) and it could have been worse (CHA)

don't forget the raptors too
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Season over.
props
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Both LeBron & Wade made 12 of 18 FG's (66.7%). MIA isn't going to lose often when that happens.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
After this loss I don't think there's chance the Lakers make the playoffs. I think it's over.
yeah, the Lakers are only 4 games back with 32 games left to go in the season. Yeah, it's total over.

SMFH.

Theres 30 games left in the season, they are 4 back of Utah. They still have 6 games against teams that we would consider the elite of the NBA.
And what about the other teams ahead of us? Do you think they have an easy schedule for the remainder of the season?
nolookpass
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Another thing: Howard played a big role in our losing today. How can he not dominate thin or shorter guys like Bosh, Haslem and Andersen in the low post. He just cannot get good position for whatever reason. A world class center should be able to do that. He is just not a natural in the low block like Pau and especially Bynum. The latter would have feasted on Miami tonight.

Now, what bothers me even more is that he is making so many mistakes on defense like leaving the lane open, not playing the pnr properly.

The offensive deficits I expected (that is why I would always prefer Bynum), but not the ones on defense.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Our offensive system doesn't feature Dwight unless we have backups on the floor. Then we go to him a couple times and start chucking 3's.

It's coaching. Triangle > Pringles.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject:

nolookpass wrote:
Another thing: Howard played a big role in our losing today. How can he not dominate thin or shorter guys like Bosh, Haslem and Andersen in the low post. He just cannot get good position for whatever reason. A world class center should be able to do that. He is just not a natural in the low block like Pau and especially Bynum. The latter would have feasted on Miami tonight.

Now, what bothers me even more is that he is making so many mistakes on defense like leaving the lane open, not playing the pnr properly.

The offensive deficits I expected (that is why I would always prefer Bynum), but not the ones on defense.

Fronting the lakers post players has been an effective strategy over the years. It encourages the lakers to make risky passes and take a lot of long range shots.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

SMFH.

And what about the other teams ahead of us? Do you think they have an easy schedule for the remainder of the season?

Hoping that other teams choke is a terrible strategy if you want to make the playoffs.
Money23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

SMFH.

Hoping that other teams choke is a terrible strategy if you want to make the playoffs.

Utah is the team I think thats gonna fall they have a really tough strecth they just lost the last 2 games their Next couple games are brutal
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

SMFH.

SMH...Some fans on here don't realize how dumb their post really are.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

SMFH.

I know, I read RetroNikes posts...
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject:

John Ireland is a (bleep) clown. He keeps comparing Lebron tonight to Kobe's 81 points..saying "Lebron looks like that " in every post game interview with Laker players. Shut up bobble head.
jibikao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Didn't watch the game but doesn't Heat double team Nash all the time or try to trap him? Maybe that's why Kobe needs to ISO as that's what the Heat wants?

It doesn't help that MWP's shooting % is so low.
romanaztec
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject:

These idiots on TV refuse to call out Metta...or even suggest that he might be the lakers problem...
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

SMFH.

I know, I read RetroNikes posts...
No, it's the people who say it's over with when the Lakers are only 4 back of a playoff spot.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
John Ireland is a (bleep) clown. He keeps comparing Lebron tonight to Kobe's 81 points..saying "Lebron looks like that " in every post game interview with Laker players. Shut up bobble head.

lol.. everything is coming easy to LeBron. I mean his numbers are impressive, but, both his assists and points are not making me say 'wow' when I watch his game except for a couple of plays here and there.. it's not a Magic/Nash type playmaker, nor a Kobe/MJ type impressive scoring arsenal.

He gets it done mainly because of early opportunities and then quick touch fouls early in the game that weakens defensive pressure on him rest of the way.

Not taking away from him at all.. but, no team is able to handle this unless you are smart defensively, can strategize, play zone, make him do things he is not comfortable doing.. lakers are no where near that type of team - players or coaching.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 100 of 101
Jump to: