Banshee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject:

Cant read most of the posts, because I dont want to get a-spoiled, but I saw the first three episodes of season 1 and then held off. I enjoyed it in a Tarantino Death Proof way, plus some nice details but it didn't seem like Sopranos or True Detective level. Still good, but sort of throwaway.

Does it get to a better level later in season 1 and into season 2? Like I thought Fringe did for example, almost became a different show. Looks like it has that potential.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject:

The last episode was predictable. You just knew Job was going to show up to save the day.

He's one of my favorite characters in the show. I always had a sense he and Hood had a veiled relationship.

He may be less visible in the future. I think he'll be in New York most of the time with his new "Friend."

Now that Rabbit is no longer in the picture who will be Carrie's nemesis, deputy Kelly?

Proctor is still the town bully. He's taken charge of the Indian reservation by the killing of Alex Longshadow giving him more control in entirety.

Looks like the relationship of Rebecca Bowman and Kia Proctor, uncle and niece, is about to become incestuous. It's not surprising, I thought it would come forefront before now.

Now that True Detective has gone on hiatus Banshee is my must watch.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The last episode was predictable. You just knew Job was going to show up to save the day.

He's one of my favorite characters in the show. I always had a sense he and Hood had a veiled relationship.

He may be less visible in the future. I think he'll be in New York most of the time with his new "Friend."

Now that Rabbit is no longer in the picture who will be Carrie's nemesis, deputy Kelly?

Proctor is still the town bully. He's taken charge of the Indian reservation by the killing of Alex Longshadow giving him more control in entirety.

Looks like the relationship of Rebecca Bowman and Kia Proctor, uncle and niece, is about to become incestuous. It's not surprising, I thought it would come forefront before now.

She doesn't need a nemesis and I don't think the show would suffer at all if she went back to her family and became a minor character. Her purpose was to kill Rabbit and with that now accomplished she's a bit extraneous. I also found the whole Rabbit storyline to be a bore. The show is at it's best when it focuses on the conflicts between Hood, Proctor, and the Indians.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject:

I think the show has the potential now to become even more tense. Hood mainly had Rabbit to worry about during the first two seasons. Now he has a pissed off Proctor and Chayton coming for him (hopefully a lot more Nola).

I believe they'll jump more into Carrie's family situation moving forward. Especially with the truth coming out about Deva. Interesting triangle now between Hood, Gordon, and Carrie. Hood also has a vulnerability now once Proctor finds out.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

She doesn't need a nemesis and I don't think the show would suffer at all if she went back to her family and became a minor character. Her purpose was to kill Rabbit and with that now accomplished she's a bit extraneous. I also found the whole Rabbit storyline to be a bore. The show is at it's best when it focuses on the conflicts between Hood, Proctor, and the Indians.

Going back to her family is going to be tricky now that Deva's been disclosed as Hood's daughter. I didn't catch it, does Hood know?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
I think the show has the potential now to become even more tense. Hood mainly had Rabbit to worry about during the first two seasons. Now he has a pissed off Proctor and Chayton coming for him (hopefully a lot more Nola).

I believe they'll jump more into Carrie's family situation moving forward. Especially with the truth coming out about Deva. Interesting triangle now between Hood, Gordon, and Carrie. Hood also has a vulnerability now once Proctor finds out.

Chayton may be coming for Proctor too.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Dominator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Going back to her family is going to be tricky now that Deva's been disclosed as Hood's daughter. I didn't catch it, does Hood know?

Hood does know about Deva, he was there when Carrie announced it. Deva also appeared in his office at the end of the last episode. I think they were also hinting during season 1 that Hood knew.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:

Hood's got eveyone hating on him. Gordan Hopewell, Chayton Littlestone, Kai Proctor. This is the one show now airing with credit to credit action.

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject:

The african american detective is also going to come after Hood, I guarantee it.

Also probably the white FBI-esque guy? Or was he killed off already?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
The african american detective is also going to come after Hood, I guarantee it.

Also probably the white FBI-esque guy? Or was he killed off already?

I think you're talking about agent Jim Racine, if so he's been killed off.

I also think you're talking about agent McAvoy, if so, yes, Hood is on his radar.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Is Banshee done for the season?

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Yes
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yes

Thanks. I've been hunting for it. I hope next season will live up to this one. Looks like my man/woman Job will get more air time next season if the show gets picked up.

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yes

Thanks. I've been hunting for it. I hope next season will live up to this one. Looks like my man/woman Job will get more air time next season if the show gets picked up.

I hope so. He's one of my favorite characters on TV period. But didn't they say he was moving to New York (in the show)?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yes

I hope so. He's one of my favorite characters on TV period. But didn't they say he was moving to New York (in the show)?

Yes. I think a lot of the show will be shot in New York next season. The latter part of the season was there.

Job got him a new man, the big Black dude gangsta. Remember when the show ended he said, "This might be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Yes. I think a lot of the show will be shot in New York next season. The latter part of the season was there. Job got him a new man, the big Black dude gangsta.

But why would they do that? They wrapped up the Rabbit storyline. I actually think there will be more Indian Reservation with Chayton taking a larger role.

Not saying more of New York wouldn't be nice.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject:

You're probably right. Maybe Job and his new "friend" will be coming to Hoods aid often. However they do it, I want to see more Job.

I also like Clay Burton, Proctors right hand, played by Matthew Rauch. He's a stone cold killer with a school teacher look. He eliminates with a calm, chilling look on his face.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Banshee premiers tonight 7:00PM PCT Max

tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Started with a lot of sex and violence. Rebecca hooked up with her uncle Proctor. That's how last season ended, they hugged. Hood is straight gansta. I thought Job would end up with a new boyfriend, big Black dude from New York. Exciting season opener, hope it keeps up.

dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject:

Great premiere, Chayton is a beast. The whole Proctor-Rebecca thing is weird, isn't that incest?

Plus a lot of boobies and Carrie going without a bra to work with a white shirt.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject:

Looks like we're going to see more of one of my favorite characters, Job. I wish they'd write Rauch more into the plot. He's a stone cold killer.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Rebecca has become a stone cold killer.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait to see Chayton go beast mode again. Was awesome to see Rauch get some action in this last episode.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Can't wait to see Chayton go beast mode again. Was awesome to see Rauch get some action in this last episode.

He's one of my favorite characters. Clay kills so nonchalantly, expressionless. Love his bow ties. I want to see Job get more screen time.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10
Jump to: