JERRY BUSS MEMORIAL SERVICE 2/21/13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Just watched the ceremony for the 2nd time today! Very moving. So many great speakers. Loved them all.

mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject:

L's up! Thank you Jerry
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant

Quote:
Its an honor to put on the Golden Armor every day. Laker fan or not, respect all that Dr B's vision has done for sports #immortal

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject:

L
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Just watched the ceremony. What a beautiful tribute.

This made me proud to be a Laker fan, and to be part of such an awesome and historic community and culture, from the fans all the way to the Doc himself. Love this team.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject:

It was truly an honor to be present at the memorial.

The booklet was incredibly special, capturing a lifetime of memories, and I wanted to share Jeanie's tribute to her Dad:

Quote:
My Promise To My Father

I promise to honor the values you instilled in me of humility, education, hard work, loyalty, family and community.

You treasured Los Angeles, the city that welcomed you and your ambitions with open arms and in return dreamed of giving her a team the citizens would be proud of and a rival to the dominating Boston Celtics. Your innovations and commitment to winning changed the landscape of the NBA and forced the sports media to end their east coast bias.

It will at times be heartbreaking to live without you and I know there will be plenty of challenges ahead on the path you set for us, but I will draw comfort from your teachings. When questions and doubts creep into my mind, I will draw from your wisdom for you were my professor, my ally, my captain. You educated me so thoroughly and believed in me with all your heart that I will never be without you. You gave us a gift which we will continue to nurture and preserve.

I am humbled by the many who have shared stories with me of how you inspired them to pursue education and invest in their ideas, and will continue to find joy and comfort every time I hear another story.

You will always be my Dad-E-O and I, your little Jeanie-pie. I love you.

- Jeanie
-

Last edited by raffi on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject:

^ Thanks raffi
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

In Arizona--anyone know where I can see this? Let me know. Sounds like it was an appropriate and loving send off==as it should be.
Retired Number
Retired Number

Quote:
At Dr. Buss Service today. Rest in Peace. En el Servicio del Dr. Buss. Descansa en paz. http://instagr.am/p/WBN1VQn2FD/

https://twitter.com/paugasol/status/304803424724209664
Elcoyote
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Pretty special. I am bias as I was born in la but I think you have to be from here or had lived your youth here to really understand his importance. Growing up we wanted to be him over hef, presidents etc. he was our idol. The lakers used to be so accessible. You always saw magic, kaj, bscott etc out and about. Even when shaq was here he was always out there.

Ramble I know but it was very emotional but I felt way more pride than sadness
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Just watched the ceremony. What a beautiful tribute.

This made me proud to be a Laker fan, and to be part of such an awesome and historic community and culture, from the fans all the way to the Doc himself. Love this team.

That's how I feel as well, very well stated.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if Mike D'Antoni was there. I didn't see him in the audience. I am sure he was there just didn't see him.
mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanfor40years wrote:
SilverBullet wrote:
I hope this whole thing touch Howard's heart. I hope he wants to be one of the Lakers' legends one day and be motivated to play his heart out from now on.

EXACTLY what I was thinking the entire time. I also hope some of the greats take an opportunity to speak with him today. I hope DH takes today to heart and realizes what his destiny can be. That was awesome when Magic had them all stand.

If he doesn't realize that he's a part of something special by now, he never will. That moment when magic asked all of the past and present players to stand up, I'm hoping dh looked around and saw Kareem and worthy and Shaq and realized that he can can be great just like them....but he has to believe...BELIEVE in dr. Buss!
TAKAHIRO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject:

woah woah woah magic L's up .. new trend just blew my mind
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Los Angeles Lakers‏ @Lakers

Quote:
Photo Gallery from today's memorial service for Dr. Buss: http://on.nba.com/11YLyvX #RIPDrBuss

Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject:

We'll see the quality of Dwight's person after this season. If this ceremony doesn't move him, I doubt anything will.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject:

L's up.
LakerDan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Couple of observations:

1. Absolutely great service.

2. It's incredible how many legends the Lakers have had/made. Just awesome.

3. Phil taking a chance to poke Jerry West in the ribs one last time. He joked that when JW drove him over to Dr. Buss' house to meet with him after initial press conference he didn't talk as long as he just did at the funeral today.

4. By the way JW was great today, especially when he reminded Stern in a forcible tone that Dr. Buss always did things right and often put the leagues best interest ahead of the Lakers.

5. Pat Riley started off well, then lost me towards the end.

6. The bond between Kobe and Phil is palpable. When they both have an opportunity to speak about what Dr. Buss meant to them, both of them intertwined the other in their memories. ( And to me it looked like Phil had tears when Kobe spoke)

7. Magic was loved like a son and loved Dr. Buss like a father. Magic was the best today.

God bless Dr. Jerry Buss and the Buss family, and Magic is right, "God is good."
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
It was truly an honor to be present at the memorial.

The booklet was incredibly special, capturing a lifetime of memories, and I wanted to share Jeanie's tribute to her Dad:

Quote:
My Promise To My Father

I promise to honor the values you instilled in me of humility, education, hard work, loyalty, family and community.

You treasured Los Angeles, the city that welcomed you and your ambitions with open arms and in return dreamed of giving her a team the citizens would be proud of and a rival to the dominating Boston Celtics. Your innovations and commitment to winning changed the landscape of the NBA and forced the sports media to end their east coast bias.

It will at times be heartbreaking to live without you and I know there will be plenty of challenges ahead on the path you set for us, but I will draw comfort from your teachings. When questions and doubts creep into my mind, I will draw from your wisdom for you were my professor, my ally, my captain. You educated me so thoroughly and believed in me with all your heart that I will never be without you. You gave us a gift which we will continue to nurture and preserve.

I am humbled by the many who have shared stories with me of how you inspired them to pursue education and invest in their ideas, and will continue to find joy and comfort every time I hear another story.

You will always be my Dad-E-O and I, your little Jeanie-pie. I love you.

- Jeanie
-

Thank you for posting this. It broke my heart when the camera would pan over to Jeanie and she would be crying. What a wonderful woman I know her father was and always will be very proud of her
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject:

@SteveBlake5

Quote:
It was an honor and a privilege to attend the moving and inspirational memorial service for Dr. Jerry Buss today.

Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, raffi.
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Frank Marioni was most touching in my opinion, amazing. Didn't like the family spokesman and Jim Buss looks like a drunk...hopefully it's not true.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject:

is there a link to the service? i missed it
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
L

A new sig...short, sweet & to the point.

Thanks Magic!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
LAX 100-ft pylons currently shine bright purple & gold in commemoration of @Lakers Dr. Jerry Buss life & legacy RIP pic.twitter.com/HkiejfKjzo

https://twitter.com/LAX_Official/status/304793790600863744
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21
Jump to: