North Korea threatens nuclear attack on US west coast.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Sleep well, LG.

We have a nuclear sub within striking distance of
Pyongyang at all times.

If they even looked at their launch button they'd be instant kimchi on the wall

Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject:

From the author CJ Werleman:
Quote:
North Korea threatening to hit the U.S. with a nuclear missile is like Kim Kardashian threatening to hit Harvard with an essay.

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject:

North Korea threatening to hit the US with a nuke, is like Justin Bieber threatening to hit Mike Tyson with an uppercut.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
North Korea threatening to hit the US with a nuke, is like Justin Bieber threatening to hit Mike Tyson with an uppercut.

No wait, I got another one.

North Korea threatening to hit the US with a nuke, is like Lindsay Lohan threatening to bull rush Ray Lewis.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
12 wrote:

North Korea threatening to hit the US with a nuke, is like Lindsay Lohan threatening to bull rush Ray Lewis.

No hang on, I can do better...

North Korea threatening to hit the US with a nuke, is like the cast of Jersey Shore threatening to win the next Nobel Prize.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
12 wrote:
12 wrote:

No hang on, I can do better...

North Korea threatening to hit the US with a nuke, is like the cast of Jersey Shore threatening to win the next Nobel Prize.

Meh, not the best... Let's hear yours!!
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject:

My concern was them putting a nuke on a submarine and getting close to US coast undetected and launching it.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Nuclear war is going to happen, it's inevitable. I don't want it to happen in my lifetime but it's going to happen.

We came very close in 1962 when JFK emposed the embargo against Cuba. Cooler heads prevailed in that crisis.

Kim Jong-un is unnerving. He strikes me as having a Napoleon complex. I'm sure most in the forum know what he was about.

We, the public, don't know what weapons N Korea has. All the speculation in this forum is just that, speculation.

Did it ever occur to folks that the leaders and even people of other nations view the US and it's leadership as loony, overly-aggressive and neo-colonial in theory and practice?

What kind of complex did George Bush, Jr,. have? How about Barack Obama?

None? So all US leaders are good guys who simply have to do a dirty job and if your country gets invaded or embargoed by the US it's your own damn fault?

SGH
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject:

Laker Lover wrote:
My concern was them putting a nuke on a submarine and getting close to US coast undetected and launching it.

I hope Obama and subsequent Presidents are loony enough to do what it takes to prevent another missile crisis. I don't mind much if the US appears neocolonial to North Koreans, even at DEFCON 5.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject:

NK isn't as crazy as they seem. It's just that crazy is all they have to sell for aid and attention.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
NK isn't as crazy as they seem. It's just that crazy is all they have to sell for aid and attention.

That's the pragmatic view; I share it to a degree. My sense of uneasiness is that fact that it is a Stalinist state and isolated from the rest of the world. The latter isn't just the embargo, but rather a cultural identity that dates back to the Joseon Dynasty. Pairing a Stalinist state with an insular, hermit culture is dangerous.

I'm hoping for Chinese intervention. Though they have been a Chinese ally, the Chinese are likely ill at ease with a neighbor that has both nuclear arms and poor internal restraints.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject:

Will someone please release a nuclear bomb once and for all so we can finally get the Godzillas and real superheroes created?

Thank you!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject:

Laker Lover wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_People's_Navy

Not many countries can put a nuke on a sub and travel great distances. It takes tremendous technology and cost.

NK real threat is to cost as much civilian casualties to South Korea and damage their infrastructure.

But NK is stupid the ruling party will be destroyed. The actual population is severely repressed with death camps and secret police.

Children are malnourish while the elite eat caviar and drink thousand dollar champagne. One time I read that since the children are so malnourish it stunted their growth. So the gov solution for the is to hang on bars to stretch their growth. It's insane.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

The first to use the bomb will be the loser of the war.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject:

FATBOY needs to quit looking at Daddy's old playbook.

O ... send in the drones!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

O ... send in the drones!

I think this is where we have every country beat. we have the best tech when it comes to electronic war fare. China india Russia and brazil can have all the man power they want but what good is that when we have a man less plane that can take out hundreds at a time
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

Yea, just put these crazy (bleep) on the payroll. Then our interest is their interest. We have paid worse people for less.
T3R
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject:

Two words.

Metal Gear.

La-li-lu-le-lo got this.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject:

SO WAIT the article says this
Quote:
The resolution specifies some luxury items that North Korea's elite will not be allowed to import, such as yachts, racing cars, luxury automobiles and certain types of jewelry. This is to close a loophole that previously allowed countries to decide for themselves what constitutes a luxury good.

so in reality the elite in NK are just mad the united nations are about to cut off their TOYS. "if you dont let me import my Yacht, I'll NUKE YOU."

what part of the game is that? wow
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
SO WAIT the article says this
Quote:
The resolution specifies some luxury items that North Korea's elite will not be allowed to import, such as yachts, racing cars, luxury automobiles and certain types of jewelry. This is to close a loophole that previously allowed countries to decide for themselves what constitutes a luxury good.

so in reality the elite in NK are just mad the united nations are about to cut off their TOYS. "if you dont let me import my Yacht, I'll NUKE YOU."

what part of the game is that? wow

While their citizens starve....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject:

That reminds me, I need to watch "Dr.Strangelove" again this weekend.

!...
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject:

There is more to the luxuries than meets the eye. The Kims have used luxuries to ingratiate themselves with the military. Take away the luxuries and perhaps the binds will weaken. That is the implicit policy within the embargo.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject:

Laker Lover wrote:

The US anti-sub capabilities would prevent that, even if NK was capable of arming a sub.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
NK isn't as crazy as they seem.

Yeah, I mean it's not like their supreme leader takes meetings with flamboyant, washed up NBA players
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
Laker Lover wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_People's_Navy

Not many countries can put a nuke on a sub and travel great distances. It takes tremendous technology and cost.

NK real threat is to cost as much civilian casualties to South Korea and damage their infrastructure.

But NK is stupid the ruling party will be destroyed. The actual population is severely repressed with death camps and secret police.

Children are malnourish while the elite eat caviar and drink thousand dollar champagne. One time I read that since the children are so malnourish it stunted their growth. So the gov solution for the is to hang on bars to stretch their growth. It's insane.

The strength of the North Korean military is their army. They have one of the biggest armies in the world. But their technology compared to the United States military is ancient. The US military doesn't even have to send men onto North Korean soil if they don't have to if they go war. They have tons of unmanned assets such as numerous aerial drones, ships, and can fire ICBM's from their nuclear subs off the coast of North Korea if they need to.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: