Interesting Lakers vs Clippers "rivalry"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject:

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:
I read this forum, mainly for the NBA Dish section. This forum has been around a long time and usually posts news before a lot of places. I came on the Lakers section to see if a game thread for tomorrow was up yet, not that I need to explain myself.

Never asked you to explain yourself. The fact remains that you are here discussing what we think about you and your team, not the other way around.

Quote:
Nothing is more ironic than a Lakers fan (known among ALL sports fans to contain more bandwagoners than any other fanbase, including the Celtics) calling out Clippers fans as being bangwagoners. It's just really funny and I'm sure some Lakers fans here see the humor in the accusation.

Who do you consider to be bandwagon fans again? Are they fans who only root for a team when they do well? If that's the case, then it's tough to distinguish between Laker bandwagoners and Lakers diehards since the Lakers always do well. The Lakers have missed the playoffs less than a handful of times in their entire history. Doesn't really leave much time for the bandwagoners to jump off, don't you think?

Laker fans are similar to Yankee fans. Those who don't like the Lakers tend to hate them, and hate their fans as well. Usually this stems from jealousy.

Quote:
I posted the attendance records for you which proved my point that even in bad seasons fans showed up at an above average rate consistently. So keep putting your own foot in your mouth and stay getting schooled.

A five second google search returned this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60328699@N00/3200278204/

Of the very few fans in the stands, how many are actually wearing Clippers gear? Doesn't look like a whole lot.

The Clippers are in the second biggest market in the United States, and have significantly cheaper seats than the in-town alternative. As LM noted above, he had been to a few Clippers games without being a fan. I have as well. I'm sure several members here have been to Clippers games without actually being Clippers fans. Those attendance numbers are more a product of their location than of their fans' prevalence or loyalty.

Quote:
I'm just going to let you know right now you're making this argument favorable to me. Why? Because you're making it about the Clippers specifically, something you don't stand a chance against me with in an argument. I've dedicated a huge part of the last nearly 20 years to my team.

Thanks for letting me know. Not sure if being a Clipper fan for 20 years is something I would be proud of, but to each his own.

Quote:
A bunch of mislead, delusional statements backed up by your buddies doesn't mean it's valid or logical in the least. Some of the things you're saying are so off base, illogical and unfair that I'm sure others here are shaking their head at you. Just doesn't seem like a mature person to discuss basketball with that makes statements like "It's fun to laugh at the Clippers" etc. That sounds more like a 20 year old kid that's in over his head and grasping at straws. I'm a nice guy who doesn't hold a grudge so you can bow out anytime you want because I'm not trying to ether you anymore.

Feel free to point out what is illogical or invalid. It may be unfair, but it isn't untrue. I know the truth hurts sometimes, but that's something you should have taken into account before you became a Clippers fan in the first place. I don't see where I am grasping at straws in the least, but thanks for not holding a grudge nonetheless. I'm a big boy, so I think I'll stick around, but you're more than welcome to head back to Spurstalk to brag about how you trolled me.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject:

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:

You can argue that some of that is bandwagon but again that applies to all contending teams and the number of bangwagon fans we have is still less than what OKC and Memphis took on in recent years. I have only run into maybe 2-3 Clippers fans that didn't know what they were talking about. I run into 2-3 Lakers fans a week at least that have no clue about the team and can't name any players outside of your stars.

Again you keep repeating the rivalry thing as if it's fans or the team discussing it when it's 99 percent he media trying to make something of nothing. No Clippers fan I know (I know hundreds personally) calls it an actual rivalry and no player on the team calls it a rivalry. So stop pulling things out of your ass to fuel an imaginary fire.

you running into 2-3 Lakers fans a week at least that have no clue about the team is complete heresy. I don't think that helps your argument, to be honest. I can say most clipper fans i know just hate the Lakers were were celtic fans a couple years ago.

I really doubt you know hundreds of clipper fans PERSONALLY. That's really impressive if even half true.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:
Lowest Merion wrote:
You're not trying to ether Jeffs anymore? Good. I don't recall any ethering of any sort, to the complete contrary IMO, but it's nice to see you leave.

Go cry on Clipper Joe's pillow and ask him for help on how to form a cogent, sensical argument. You make Clipper Joe look like a damn genius.

What's done is done. Jeff brought a knife to a gunfight and lost. Console him some more if you need, I just came here to put down some bogus claims. I guess ignorance is really bliss. Let's talk about how Lakers fans were predicting championship this year and running at the mouth but might not even make the playoffs this year. That would make for a great thread.

I'll let Jeffs speak for himself.

There are plenty of threads about predictions related to the Lakers' season this year and how and why it played out to the opposite. That simply isn't relevant to this discussion.

"What's done is done." Please adorn me with additional Deepak Chophra-esque platitudinal horse (bleep) statements.
Dr Dunkingstein
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
Dr Dunkingstein wrote:

You can argue that some of that is bandwagon but again that applies to all contending teams and the number of bangwagon fans we have is still less than what OKC and Memphis took on in recent years. I have only run into maybe 2-3 Clippers fans that didn't know what they were talking about. I run into 2-3 Lakers fans a week at least that have no clue about the team and can't name any players outside of your stars.

Again you keep repeating the rivalry thing as if it's fans or the team discussing it when it's 99 percent he media trying to make something of nothing. No Clippers fan I know (I know hundreds personally) calls it an actual rivalry and no player on the team calls it a rivalry. So stop pulling things out of your ass to fuel an imaginary fire.

you running into 2-3 Lakers fans a week at least that have no clue about the team is complete heresy. I don't think that helps your argument, to be honest. I can say most clipper fans i know just hate the Lakers were were celtic fans a couple years ago.

I really doubt you know hundreds of clipper fans PERSONALLY. That's really impressive if even half true.

At Clippers games we have meets afterwards with 20-50 fans depending on the night. Then I post on all the Clippers forums here and there. So yes I know hundreds personally. Maybe not well, but I've gotten to know tons. Even two years ago when ESPN did a segment of Lakers vs Clippers fans what I'm saying is proven. Lakers fans had zero fu**ing clue what to say besides generic (bleep) like "This is Kobe's town!!" "Clippers suck" etc... while the Clippers fans actually gave thought out statements.

I can admit the Clippers are historically pathetic and were a laughingstock before so why can't you admit your bandwagon portion of your fanbase is the biggest of any sport, any team and that a ton of your fans aren't actual fans? For example go over to the big general forums like ISH, PSD, RealGM and you'll quickly see 75 percent of the posters representing the Lakers are pure Kobe stans or young kids.

I was shopping for a Clippers hat a year ago at a general sports store and had the worker who was a Lakers fan make an idiotic statement out of the blue about how "nobody cares about the Clippers". When asked to name more than 5 players on the Lakers he couldn't. I went on to name the entire Lakers roster for him.

Again we go back to simple stuff here. Don't call ANYBODY a bandwagoner if you're a Lakers fan. Even a Yankees fan would piss their pants laughing at you for this.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject:

And, to point out the obvious to anyone who knows anything, you misspelled your surname, which belongs to a player whom had nothing to do with your wonderful franchise.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:

Those who exalt themselves will be humbled. Those who humble themselves will be exalted.

This coming from a guy who spent the last page going on about supposedly schooling someone in an argument.

!...
Dr Dunkingstein
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:
And, to point out the obvious to anyone who knows anything, you misspelled your surname, which belongs to a player whom had nothing to do with your wonderful franchise.

No, you just don't keep up on Clippers related things is all. Dr Dunkingstein was a nickname given to Blake Griffin by NBA's crew on the top plays his rookie year. Yes I'm aware Dunkenstein was used by Darrell Griffith previously but NBA's crew differentiated the nicknames. I personally just picked it because I liked the way it sounded. Thanks for your concern though Merion, you've been a gracious host today.

You forgot the cute words like ORLLY in that post. You're a fun guy to chat with because psychologically you're kind of a jack of all trades. Wanting to be serious and intellectual but also acting like a spoiled kid using abbreviated words the next. I'm intrigued by your mystery for sure big guy.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:
27 wrote:
Dr Dunkingstein wrote:

At Clippers games we have meets afterwards with 20-50 fans depending on the night. Then I post on all the Clippers forums here and there. So yes I know hundreds personally. Maybe not well, but I've gotten to know tons. Even two years ago when ESPN did a segment of Lakers vs Clippers fans what I'm saying is proven. Lakers fans had zero fu**ing clue what to say besides generic (bleep) like "This is Kobe's town!!" "Clippers suck" etc... while the Clippers fans actually gave thought out statements.

I can admit the Clippers are historically pathetic and were a laughingstock before so why can't you admit your bandwagon portion of your fanbase is the biggest of any sport, any team and that a ton of your fans aren't actual fans? For example go over to the big general forums like ISH, PSD, RealGM and you'll quickly see 75 percent of the posters representing the Lakers are pure Kobe stans or young kids.

I was shopping for a Clippers hat a year ago at a general sports store and had the worker who was a Lakers fan make an idiotic statement out of the blue about how "nobody cares about the Clippers". When asked to name more than 5 players on the Lakers he couldn't. I went on to name the entire Lakers roster for him.

Again we go back to simple stuff here. Don't call ANYBODY a bandwagoner if you're a Lakers fan. Even a Yankees fan would piss their pants laughing at you for this.

If you think ESPN proved any type of your points then we really shouldn't talk any more. Its not too difficult to find the idiot fans and only air what they had to say.

Is this really what you are trying to argue, that the Lakers have bandwagon fans? well yeah, no (bleep) we do. I'm not trying to deny that. But if you think Clippers have more loyal fans than the Lakers thats crazy, in my opinion. I'd bet a million dollars if i had it that our true fan base is significantly larger than the clippers current fan base even with the bandwagon fans.

And I can call anyone a bandwagon fan. Just because the Lakers have bandwagon fans doesn't mean I can't call other fans bandwagon fans. What kind of logic is that, man? Lets be real, all fan bases have bandwagon fans. You want to argue which team has more? I'd honestly say the Lakers probably do because we just have SO MANY fans around the GLOBE. Logic says we probably have more bandwagon fans, but I cant be sure about that because i don't have adequate information to prove it one way or another.

Please stop giving your personal stories of when someone said this or that about the clippers. So what if he or she said that. If he couldn't name more than 5 players on the team, than yeah you're right..that is a dumb fan. I don't know who you know but most of the Laker fans i know are very knowledgable. You have to understand when we have so many fans, we probably have more fans that are less knowledgeable than smaller fan bases. At the same time, like i said before, i'd bet a lot that we still have more true fans than the overall clipper fan base now.

You're team is good now, thats wonderful for you. Enjoy it...maybe it will last and maybe it wont.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Dr Dunkingstein wrote:

Those who exalt themselves will be humbled. Those who humble themselves will be exalted.

This coming from a guy who spent the last page going on about supposedly schooling someone in an argument.

LM wrote:
Please adorn me with additional Deepak Chophra-esque platitudinal horse (bleep) statements.

Whoops. Missed the above comments quoted by CD. Keep the Trey-esque (I know you probably have no idea what I mean; fair enough) coming. Thanks.

Go write 'em where they belong, that being in the back pages of a high school year book.
Dr Dunkingstein
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject:

In terms of percentage of bangwagon to legit fans, Clippers win in a landslide which is more important and relevant to the accusations here. Of course in general by sheer numbers there are more Lakers fans in general, including legit ones. That's due to the fact that the Lakers have the largest fanbase in all of sports probably right next to the Yankees and Bulls.

The Lakers fan base I'm sure is at LEAST 50 times larger than the Clippers (Bandwagoners included). So I don't think we disagree on any of this.

1. Lakers fan base is so much bigger that by default yes in terms of volume you have more legit fans as well as bandwagoners.

2. In terms of running into the average Joe fan of each team on the street though you're going to encounter far more Clippers fans that are knowledgeable and loyal than you will Lakers fans.
Dr Dunkingstein
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Read this. Good stuff.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/clippers/post/_/id/3452/what-lakers-fans-love-telling-clippers-fans

Can't find it now but there was also a big article last year from a non Clippers or Lakers fan comparing the experience of each team's games. The conclusion was basically the Clippers fans were more rowdy, more diehard and engaged. Lakers fans were more about the show, the spectacle. Very little talking, more celebrity watching. It was a good article.

Last edited by Dr Dunkingstein on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:

No, you just don't keep up on Clippers related things is all. Dr Dunkingstein was a nickname given to Blake Griffin by NBA's crew on the top plays his rookie year. Yes I'm aware Dunkenstein was used by Darrell Griffith previously but NBA's crew differentiated the nicknames.

Too bad Blake doesn't quite share the same enthusiasm for the name as you do, he thought it was weird. Why not just go with Rim Reaper while you're at it?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:
In terms of percentage of bangwagon to legit fans, Clippers win in a landslide which is more important and relevant to the accusations here. Of course in general by sheer numbers there are more Lakers fans in general, including legit ones. That's due to the fact that the Lakers have the largest fanbase in all of sports probably right next to the Yankees and Bulls.

The Lakers fan base I'm sure is at LEAST 50 times larger than the Clippers (Bandwagoners included). So I don't think we disagree on any of this.

1. Lakers fan base is so much bigger that by default yes in terms of volume you have more legit fans as well as bandwagoners.

2. In terms of running into the average Joe fan of each team on the street though you're going to encounter far more Clippers fans that are knowledgeable and loyal than you will Lakers fans.

GUYTH, GUYTH, GUYTH! We have the better fans!

Really guy? Going on a Lakers forums to pat yourself on the back?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:

Again, I don't have all the numbers to prove my point one way or another. I think a lot what is being argued is opinion based, which i generally don't like to get into.

on your second point, I completely disagree. To be 100% honest with you, I know very few clipper fans. One that i ran into last year told me, and i quote, "I like the clippers because I hate the Lakers." that fan knew almost nothing about the clippers other than they had cp3 and they were having a good year. In general, he was one of the dumbest basketball fans i've ever talked to. However, it's not fair for me to based my knowledge of clipper fans based of one idiot i encountered.
Dr Dunkingstein
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Dr Dunkingstein wrote:

No, you just don't keep up on Clippers related things is all. Dr Dunkingstein was a nickname given to Blake Griffin by NBA's crew on the top plays his rookie year. Yes I'm aware Dunkenstein was used by Darrell Griffith previously but NBA's crew differentiated the nicknames.

Too bad Blake doesn't quite share the same enthusiasm for the name as you do, he thought it was weird. Why not just go with Rim Reaper while you're at it?

Honestly I like both nicknames, even if Blake doesn't want a nickname. I just don't see why the spelling in my handle matters is all .
Nordvader
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:
Read this. Good stuff.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/clippers/post/_/id/3452/what-lakers-fans-love-telling-clippers-fans

Can't find it now but there was also a big article last year from a non Clippers or Lakers fan comparing the experience of each team's games. The conclusion was basically the Clippers fans were more rowdy, more diehard and engaged. Lakers fans were more about the show, the spectacle. Very little talking, more celebrity watching. It was a good article.

You really call an article good that states

The Clippers had nice pieces in place before but they never had two of the top 10 players in the league like Paul and Griffin.
Dr Dunkingstein
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
Dr Dunkingstein wrote:

Again, I don't have all the numbers to prove my point one way or another. I think a lot what is being argued is opinion based, which i generally don't like to get into.

on your second point, I completely disagree. To be 100% honest with you, I know very few clipper fans. One that i ran into last year told me, and i quote, "I like the clippers because I hate the Lakers." that fan knew almost nothing about the clippers other than they had cp3 and they were having a good year. In general, he was one of the dumbest basketball fans i've ever talked to. However, it's not fair for me to based my knowledge of clipper fans based of one idiot i encountered.

I agree that this year and last the odds to encounter that type of "Clippers fan" is much greater no doubt. I'm not trying to displace blame but in all honesty a lot of those fans are either ex Lakers fans OR brand new NBA fans. You really have to assess the situation on a case by case basis.

For me.. I give all Lakers fans a chance and don't hold any grudges. As long as you give me the respect of not bashing my team, especially with misinformed things like this thread, I'll do the same.

I mean that hat store situation though pissed me off in particular because it was unprovoked. I asked a general question and was attacked for being a Clippers fan. You have to look at this from a human nature perspective. Lakers fans in the sports world have almost oppressed Clippers fans for 30 years now. What I mean by that is constantly bagging on Clippers fans and taking a dump on them every chance they get.

So of course when the Clippers finally find success there will be a lot of lashing out, especially because it coincides with the year that the Lakers will be the most disappointing story in sports history if they somehow miss the playoffs. Even before this season look through this forum after the Dwight trade and Nash trade. You'll see a huge group of people who talk about how now the Clippers are put back in their rightful place etc. Then you wonder why Clippers fans are combative?

Even now when Lakers fans find out I'm a Clippers fan they puff their chests out and talk a bunch of smack. Luckily I've matured about that and it doesn't bother me but I definitely see where the lashing out comes from.

Last edited by Dr Dunkingstein on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr Dunkingstein
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Nordvader wrote:
Dr Dunkingstein wrote:
Read this. Good stuff.

You really call an article good that states

The Clippers had nice pieces in place before but they never had two of the top 10 players in the league like Paul and Griffin.

Blake's about a top 10-15 player this year, so it's not really anything to note.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:
You're a fun guy to chat with because psychologically you're kind of a jack of all trades.

Why, thank you for the compliment. It makes no sense, but I'll take it. 

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:

Wanting to be serious and intellectual

No "wanting" involved. Thanks, though.

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:
but also acting like a spoiled kid using abbreviated words the next.

I used a singular word, or, better stated, meme, which was ORLY.

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:
I'm intrigued by your mystery

I doubt you are. And there's no mystery involved. I'm just some guy sitting on my couch pointing out how inane your comments have been in this thread. 

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:
big guy.

Have you been speaking with my girlfriend? If so, please stop.
Dr Dunkingstein
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Anyways you guys have a good Saturday. See you for tomorrow's game.
ClipperJosh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Jack Nicholson wrote:
I bet Clippers fans can't wait to see that pacific division title hanging up in the rafters at Staples. Their franchise's crowning achievement.

WE'RE NOT HANGING THAT IRRELEVANT PIECE OF SH_T BANNER at STAPLES!!!!!!!!

It belongs in the practice facility.

Clippers and Clipper fans see the rafters at every game!

LAKER, SPARKS, AVENGERS, KINGS all have title banners.

The organization is smart enough (or at least I hope so) to not hang a divison banner.
It's Staple Center, not the Bradley Center!!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:
27 wrote:
Dr Dunkingstein wrote:

I agree that this year and last the odds to encounter that type of "Clippers fan" is much greater no doubt. I'm not trying to displace blame but in all honesty a lot of those fans are either ex Lakers fans OR brand new NBA fans. You really have to assess the situation on a case by case basis.

For me.. I give all Lakers fans a chance and don't hold any grudges. As long as you give me the respect of not bashing my team, especially with misinformed things like this thread, I'll do the same.

I mean that hat store situation though pissed me off in particular because it was unprovoked. I asked a general question and was attacked for being a Clippers fan. You have to look at this from a human nature perspective. Lakers fans in the sports world have almost oppressed Clippers fans for 30 years now. What I mean by that is constantly bagging on Clippers fans and taking a dump on them every chance they get.

So of course when the Clippers finally find success there will be a lot of lashing out, especially because it coincides with the year that the Lakers will be the most disappointing story in sports history if they somehow miss the playoffs. Even before this season look through this forum after the Dwight trade and Nash trade. You'll see a huge group of people who talk about how now the Clippers are put back in their rightful place etc. Then you wonder why Clippers fans are combative?

Even now when Lakers fans find out I'm a Clippers fan they puff their chests out and talk a bunch of smack. Luckily I've matured about that and it doesn't bother me but I definitely see where the lashing out comes from.

The Laker fans have oppressed the clippers? What are you talking about? The clipper organization oppressed itself. Please don't even try to put that blame on anyone but the very organization you have been following for 16 years.

You realize you're on a Lakers forum, right? Of course most if not all Laker fans were excited with our D12 and Nash pick-ups. We're all very disappointed with the season, but of course in the start we were excited with our potential and even putting the clippers back down. The clipper success was annoying, and it wasn't so much their success that annoyed me personally but their fans just started to spring up out of nowhere. Perhaps they were fans real fans who were just ashamed to wear clipper gear in years past but I'm seeing them on TV or whatnot talking about how they all of a sudden "own LA." Record wise, yeah, LA belongs to the clippers this year, but the city of LA will always be known as the town that belongs to the Lakers. So yes, I did want to put the clippers back in their place when this seasons started so I wouldn't have to hear dumb things like that. Unfortunately for me and many other Laker fans, that didn't really work out. Perhaps the Lakers sneaking into the Playoffs and making a miracle run would. Time will tell.
Dr Dunkingstein
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Okay maybe bullied is a better word than oppressed? I'm a big believer in not kicking somebody while they are down and that's what Lakers fans have been doing for 30 years to Clippers fans and it speaks volumes about the psyche of those Lakers fans. Clippers were never a threat to the Lakers, fans never had a voice really to attack the Lakers yet still the Clippers were (bleep) on for decades by Lakers fans.

I always used to tell Lakers fans "don't you have bigger fish to fry?" because it was just idiotic and seemed pointless. It was just Lakers fans wanting to feel better so they kick the puppy basically without reason.
ClipperJosh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:
Okay maybe bullied is a better word than oppressed? I'm a big believer in not kicking somebody while they are down and that's what Lakers fans have been doing for 30 years to Clippers fans and it speaks volumes about the psyche of those Lakers fans. Clippers were never a threat to the Lakers, fans never had a voice really to attack the Lakers yet still the Clippers were (bleep) on for decades by Lakers fans.

I always used to tell Lakers fans "don't you have bigger fish to fry?" because it was just idiotic and seemed pointless. It was just Lakers fans wanting to feel better so they kick the puppy basically without reason.

Damn Cholos & stereotypes alike!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Dr Dunkingstein wrote:

This is all news to me. I'm surprised any Laker fan we giving the clippers any attention when they were the laughing stock of the league for decades. If anyone ever brought up the clippers during that time, I would tell them when what i still say today and this is that I wish they would just move to another city. I personally never used to care about them until they started winning and their fans started running their mouth. lol, all the Laker fans i know are the same as me. I really don't know any who were just "kicking" the clippers when they were down other than just wanting them out of LA b/c they brought the city name down.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: