OFFICIAL DWIGHT HOWARD DISCUSSION (Put all postmortem analysis and links to articles here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 840, 841, 842, 843, 844  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject:

here's a thought:

Harden and Dwight are trying to be mini versions of the Kobe-Shaq duo. LMFAO.

Harden - 6'4"

Dwight - 6'11"

and like their height, they too will fall short.
theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject:

pjdodgers wrote:
TheKobeFactor wrote:
We traded Shaq away when Kobe demanded Shaq be traded.

We should have done the same this time, and sided with Dwight, amnesty Kobe, and sign Chris Paul.

Kobe > Dwight

Plus how do you propose we sign Chris Paul? You think he's taking vet min or MMLE? Because amnestying Kobe doesn't put us under the cap.

I'm glad you're not our GM

Hey, we could have amnestied Kobe. And we'd have 100 million free cap space because of it.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject:

aachan wrote:
If you wanted the torch so bad Dwight you should have used your play on the court and TAKEN it. Stop waiting to be bloody spoon fed your entire NBA life.

Ditto, he wanted to be the franchise player without busting his ass for it. Kobe busts his butt and works on all aspects of his game, while D12 can't even make a free throw, has no low post moves and is basically a very expensive Tyson Chandler for 2x the price. Tim Duncan didn't become the face of the Spurs because he demanded the Spurs get rid of David Robinson, he showed it on the court.
someazn
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject:

wow apparently dwight asked lakers to amnesty kobe...screw this clown...

[url=http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/228821/Howard-Had-Concerns-About-Kobes-Timetable-Of-Remaining-With-Lakers][/url]
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject:

sources talks a lot of (bleep)
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject:

someazn wrote:
wow apparently dwight asked lakers to amnesty kobe...screw this clown...

[url=http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/228821/Howard-Had-Concerns-About-Kobes-Timetable-Of-Remaining-With-Lakers][/url]

Jim Buss is such an idiot?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject:

Just a hunch, but I bet Kobe found out about that amnesty request from Dwight, and that's where the "I'm gonna play 3-4 more years" came from. Sabotaging the offense was enough for me, but now, hopefully, everyone can get on the good riddance bus.
GrimjowwLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject:

Seriously why would Kobe pass the torch on this guy who just quitted on his team last yr's playoffs , fouled out and got outplayed by a 37 year old LMFAO what a joke
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9468452/dwight-howard-wanted-end-kobe-bryant-era-los-angeles-lakers

Quote:
The Lakers, almost from the moment Howard arrived in August 2012, had gone to great lengths to assure the 27-year-old that they saw him as the future face of the franchise and that the torch would be passed from Bryant to him in short order.

But with Bryant saying publicly just a week before free agency that he was thinking of playing at least two or three more seasons, it was hard for Howard to envision when he would assume that role, sources said.

"How can it be Kobe's team and Dwight's team?" one source said. "It was about the passing of the torch."

As an offshoot of those discussions, sources said, Howard's camp at one point asked the Lakers whether they were at least considering releasing Bryant through the league's amnesty provision, since Bryant's return date from Achilles tendon surgery remained in question.

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reported last month that Howard and All-Star point guard Chris Paul had discussions before free agency about trying to land with the same team. Howard and Paul had interest in playing together in Los Angeles, with either the Lakers or the Clippers, or with the Atlanta Hawks, sources said.

Releasing Bryant via the amnesty provision and shopping Pau Gasol and Steve Nash to teams with salary-cap space would have allowed the Lakers to try to recruit Paul in free agency. But the Lakers, sources said, made it clear the prospect of releasing Bryant or simply trying to lay out a finite timetable on the end of his career with the franchise was not under consideration, believing those decisions should and would be made by Bryant.

matrixskillz wrote:
everybody steals moves from everybody
I call that Basketball Communism.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject:

If Dwight really did ask the Lakers to amnesty Kobe, then it's hard to respect him after that.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject:

Wow, what a piece of **** if that's true. You wanted the Lakers to amnesty Kobe?? (Bleep) this clown. As if i needed more reasons to rejoice that he's gone, now i read about this.

Also, this cracked me up for some reason:

Quote:
Sources say Howard didn't feel especially close with anyone inside the Lakers except for Mitch Kupchak.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Just a hunch, but I bet Kobe found out about that amnesty request from Dwight, and that's where the "I'm gonna play 3-4 more years" came from. Sabotaging the offense was enough for me, but now, hopefully, everyone can get on the good riddance bus.

Still plenty of seats on that bus. I've been driving it for months.
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject:

So... amnesty Kobe, fire the coach, Trade Pau, Trade Nash, get Paul... after ONE season as a Laker and no rings to show for it either?

Didn't he demand personnel moves in Orlando too?

Some things never change...
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject:

So glad this guy is gone. I truly believe him becoming a laker was a worse blow to the organisation than the chris paul veto.
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject:

gill2k wrote:
So... amnesty Kobe, fire the coach, Trade Pau, Trade Nash, get Paul... after ONE season as a Laker and no rings to show for it either?

Didn't he demand personnel moves in Orlando too?

Some things never change...

No wonder the Lakers kept MDA. They never wanted to keep Howard.

matrixskillz wrote:
everybody steals moves from everybody
I call that Basketball Communism.
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject:

Lol Howard...
sublime4eva
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject:

So glad this quitter is gone....
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject:

Although the passing of the torch article is BS, I did know that Dwight would deem Kobe's "I plan to play 2 to 3 years more" as a threat to his "reign"> I don't get why this guy thinks he comes to a team one year and the franchise player who hasn't given the team 5 rings should just move aside. You gotta learn bro. So what does he think? He is going to be the "Man" in Houston? That's Harden's team!!!! SMH..DOOOOWHITEEEEEE
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject:

Given that its Broussard and more bspn...

IF TRUE... I just found a new name that's fits him perfectly...

DIVA Howard or DiVA12

The stories all kind of relate... I used to fully blame FEGAN for both dwightmares... But it seems like a full cooperation.

Dwight seems to be all smiles but a sleezebag when you turn around.

When things are down he blamed others for his poor image at the same time ignoring all the other freak injuries occurring.

And bottom line allowed it to affect his game and attitude enough to create doubt in those around him.

No wonder he never felt we'll received... IT'S LA YOU IDIOT THE CITY IS FULL OF FAKES THAT ARE STILL MORE REAL THAN YOU!!! Lol

Again if its all true...
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject:

TheKobeFactor wrote:

We should have done the same this time, and sided with Dwight, amnesty Kobe, and sign Chris Paul.

What the hell are you talking about LOL.. KOBE NEVER DEMANDED THAT SHAQ GET TRADED... SHAQ ASKED JERRY WEST TO TRADE KOBE MULTIPLE TIMES.. Shaq left because the lakers wouldnt give him the extension he wanted. Kobe was going to the Clippers until Jerry Buss met with him and convinced him to stay.. I dont see how a "Laker Fan" could still be in the dark about what really happened. GEEZ
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Wow, what a piece of **** if that's true. You wanted the Lakers to amnesty Kobe?? (Bleep) this clown. As if i needed more reasons to rejoice that he's gone, now i read about this.

Also, this cracked me up for some reason:

Quote:
Sources say Howard didn't feel especially close with anyone inside the Lakers except for Mitch Kupchak.

.... at least someone like seeing those TWC commercials with Howard and Mitch replaying over and over again.

Loved seeing that commercial with Howard in awe of being a Laker, but it got old after the first 100 times they played it.

(Laker mental note) Next time run a series of commercials with Howard and other Lakers .... ex. Howard + Jim Buss having Ice Cream .... Howard + MDA playing golf .... Howard + Kobe ???? .... never mind, Black Mamba don't do that ...
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject:

Dwight had a chance to take the reigns of the franchise when Kobe went down with the achilles injury, but guess what he didnt. He played horribly in the playoffs and in the closing game he got ejected in the 3rd quarter. That is not leadership... Give me Melo...
MoBasket
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject:

Sorry, if already posted!

Power transfer worried Howard

"[...]
Sources told ESPN.com that Howard and his representatives -- in a handful of meetings with Lakers officials before he became a free agent July 1 -- strongly suggested the center would have a difficult time re-signing with the team if Bryant stayed with the franchise beyond the 2013-14 season, the final year of his contract.

The Lakers, almost from the moment Howard arrived in August 2012, had gone to great lengths to assure the 27-year-old that they saw him as the future face of the franchise and that the torch would be passed from Bryant to him in short order.

But with Bryant saying publicly just a week before free agency that he was thinking of playing at least two or three more seasons, it was hard for Howard to envision when he would assume that role, sources said.

"How can it be Kobe's team and Dwight's team?" one source said. "It was about the passing of the torch."

As an offshoot of those discussions, sources said, Howard's camp at one point asked the Lakers whether they were at least considering releasing Bryant through the league's amnesty provision, since Bryant's return date from Achilles tendon surgery remained in question.
[...]"
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject:

CHRISTYLE70 wrote:
TheKobeFactor wrote:

What the hell are you talking about LOL.. KOBE NEVER DEMANDED THAT SHAQ GET TRADED... SHAQ ASKED JERRY WEST TO TRADE KOBE MULTIPLE TIMES.. Shaq left because the lakers wouldnt give him the extension he wanted. Kobe was going to the Clippers until Jerry Buss met with him and convinced him to stay.. I dont see how a "Laker Fan" could still be in the dark about what really happened. GEEZ

I was gonna reply to his stuff, but I decided to ignore it this time.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject:

followwind wrote:
If the reports are true, what kind of an egomaniac is Dwight Howard? Sheesh.

Obviously the same kind of egomaniac as Bryant, who was completely ok with Shaq leaving so he could have his own team and was still adamant on letting folks know the team was his last year. All of these great players have egos, which is why you usually don't see them come together until they get older. The difference between Kobe and Howard though is Kobe could back his up.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 840, 841, 842, 843, 844  Next
Page 841 of 844
Jump to: