OFFICIAL DWIGHT HOWARD DISCUSSION (Put all postmortem analysis and links to articles here)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 842, 843, 844  Next

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Sep 2005
Posts: 1796

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: OFFICIAL DWIGHT HOWARD DISCUSSION (Put all postmortem analysis and links to articles here)

that means i probably will not sign until august or so. houston will wait. i tell f/o you put some pieces around me and kobe. fire dantoni and get a real defensive minded coach and i resign. hes been down this road, he is not going to just resign with a team who is showing they are going down the hill and not up. i cant wait to see if he helps out us laker fans. i think they are going to have to pay a large luxury tax whether they want to or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bodyrock
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Posts: 2602

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: if im dwight i dont resign until i see what the lakers do about putting shooters around me and dantoni

clutchkobe wrote:
that means i probably will not sign until august or so. houston will wait. i tell f/o you put some pieces around me and kobe. fire dantoni and get a real defensive minded coach and i resign. hes been down this road, he is not going to just resign with a team who is showing they are going down the hill and not up. i cant wait to see if he helps out us laker fans. i think they are going to have to pay a large luxury tax whether they want to or not.


That's exactly what he's thinking but knowing Jimmy and the spoiled and prideful he is he won't let anyone dictatate him around and just let dwight walk and keep dantoni.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 7474

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject:

The last time Jimbo said he went out and signed shooters we got stalwarts like Kapono and Troy Murphy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 118757
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject:

So Dwight will go somewhere that isn't his first choice for less money if he doesn't get his way? I can't see that happening.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
WaltonFam
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Mar 2013
Posts: 1825

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
The last time Jimbo said he went out and signed shooters we got stalwarts like Kapono and Troy Murphy.



lol. Lakers are screwed for a while. Dasfosho.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Sep 2005
Posts: 1796

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
The last time Jimbo said he went out and signed shooters we got stalwarts like Kapono and Troy Murphy.


this is true....omg we are doomed!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ucntgrd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 633

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject:

word on the street is the Lakers covet Ben Gordon and plan on offering him a 6 yr extension
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 12973

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
The last time Jimbo said he went out and signed shooters we got stalwarts like Kapono and Troy Murphy.


With the Lakers cap situation it's hard to get the good shooters, they usually want the MLE. Guys usually only want to take less money if they think they're going to win it all and I don't know if the Lakers can attract any of those guys at this moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Posts: 19385

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject:

If I'm Dwight I take a good look at the decisions Jim Buss have made and I head straight for the exit, else he'd be in yet another situation like Orlando with bad decision after bad decision. Only way I would stay is if he would rectify his mistakes and hire the right coach.
_________________
A banana is killed every time a terrible thread or post is made. Save the bananas. Stop creating terrible posts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
malicious_intent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Mar 2012
Posts: 602

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Trade gasol for monte Ellis!!!!! He can fill in for Kobe until he gets back and he can move over to pg when he gets back or Kobe moves to sf

Nash
Ellis
Kobe
Hill
Howard

Next summer decide if we want to resign Ellis or another fa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 118757
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
If I'm Dwight I take a good look at the decisions Jim Buss have made and I head straight for the exit, else he'd be in yet another situation like Orlando with bad decision after bad decision. Only way I would stay is if he would rectify his mistakes and hire the right coach.


So the decisions that Jim made that resulted in 2 titles and 3 Finals visits should scare Howard away? Is he afraid of winning?
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 118757
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject:

malicious_intent wrote:
Trade gasol for monte Ellis!!!!! He can fill in for Kobe until he gets back and he can move over to pg when he gets back or Kobe moves to sf

Nash
Ellis
Kobe
Hill
Howard

Next summer decide if we want to resign Ellis or another fa


But will Ellis opt out for a FA contract now? My guess is that he does and works out a longer deal with the Bucks, it seems to be a good fit.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
composite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 May 2005
Posts: 2955

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
So Dwight will go somewhere that isn't his first choice for less money if he doesn't get his way? I can't see that happening.


So the Lakers will let Dwight walk for nothing just to save $4 mil a year by keeping D'Antoni? I can't see that happening.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Mar 2005
Posts: 3785

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Only way we bring in talent is a trade. Pau has played great lately and is the only asset we really have.

Would Houston trade us Parsons for Gasol if they knew Dwight would not go? Parsons is very good, but a player like Pau makes them a very well rounded team.

Honestly, this is going to be an interesting summer. I dont see what the Lakers can really do to make a team that Dwight can contend with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ucntgrd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 633

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Only way we bring in talent is a trade. Pau has played great lately and is the only asset we really have.

Would Houston trade us Parsons for Gasol if they knew Dwight would not go? Parsons is very good, but a player like Pau makes them a very well rounded team.

Honestly, this is going to be an interesting summer. I dont see what the Lakers can really do to make a team that Dwight can contend with.




Parsons makes like 1 million dollars lol where does the rest of the salary come from?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Mar 2005
Posts: 3785

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject:

ucntgrd24 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Only way we bring in talent is a trade. Pau has played great lately and is the only asset we really have.

Would Houston trade us Parsons for Gasol if they knew Dwight would not go? Parsons is very good, but a player like Pau makes them a very well rounded team.

Honestly, this is going to be an interesting summer. I dont see what the Lakers can really do to make a team that Dwight can contend with.




Parsons makes like 1 million dollars lol where does the rest of the salary come from?


Small filler contract if needed. They have the cap room to absorb Paus contract.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Statcat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2003
Posts: 4260
Location: Western Conference

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Let him walk. If he decides he doesn't want to be a Laker than I don't want him here. But he'll stay. He cannot afford anymore bad press after the fiasco in Orlando.
_________________
Lakersground: Join in, pick a player and trash all other players to make yours look better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Mar 2005
Posts: 3785

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Statcat wrote:
Let him walk. If he decides he doesn't want to be a Laker than I don't want him here. But he'll stay. He cannot afford anymore bad press after the fiasco in Orlando.


I dont see there being negative press. He would simply be a free agent choosing a good situation.

I hope he stays. We shall see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5522
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject:

its all about Wiggins at this point
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 25592

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject:

shooters are overrated. proven by the jodie meeks experiment. we need players who can shoot and create
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ucntgrd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 633

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
shooters are overrated. proven by the jodie meeks experiment. we need players who can shoot and create



not sure why ppl are obsessed with meeks. for his salary he is actually decent, if not good. 1.5 mil is rarely gonna get you a gamechanger or sixth man of the year


nate robinson and jr smith are anomalies. there is a reason they bounced around a bit before finally finding a niche
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
laker84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 Dec 2012
Posts: 125

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject:

Draft Glenn Rice Junior. Probably would be a first for Kobe to be a teammate with a father and son.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 28573
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
its all about Wiggins at this point


no
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Sep 2005
Posts: 1796

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
If I'm Dwight I take a good look at the decisions Jim Buss have made and I head straight for the exit, else he'd be in yet another situation like Orlando with bad decision after bad decision. Only way I would stay is if he would rectify his mistakes and hire the right coach.


So the decisions that Jim made that resulted in 2 titles and 3 Finals visits should scare Howard away? Is he afraid of winning?


are you jim buss agent? what moves did he make to get us two titles and 3 final visit.....remember at that time he said jerry buss made all the moves then.....the decisions i remember about jim buss are andrew bynum which was a good decision and rudy t....which was a bad one. was jim buss in charge?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 28573
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject:

EVERYTHING GOOD THAT HAPPENED TO LAKERS WAS JERRY
EVERYTHING BAD WAS JIM

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 842, 843, 844  Next
Page 1 of 844
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB