*** SPOILER ZONE ***Official Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice and Fire discussion thread (for BOOK readers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject:

Last edited by Christopher C on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject:

some sites that I like to visit

http://westeros.org
http://winteriscoming.net (good reader/non reader recaps and news)
http://towerofthehand.com (good Book chapter summaries)
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/A_Game_of_Thrones (GOT Wiki)

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ElliotTheFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Red Wedding... next episode?
FloppyDiskz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
TheJellosJigglin' wrote:
They stabbed Jon Snow to death . Don't those idiots understand that if they don't work with the wildlings, then they'll become white walkers? The enemy of my enemy is my friend. C'mon man!

Anyway, I bet Daenerys and her dragons are going to take out a bunch of white walkers in a big final battle. Dragon fire can melt stone, I'm sure it can kill the others too.

I don't think he's dead for some reason.

I doubt he is only because of the stunt he pulled when Arya went blind.
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject:

ElliotTheFan wrote:

if you look at the synopses i believe it will be episode 9.

Quote:
Episode 3.09 – The Rains of Castamere
Robb presents himself to Walder Frey, and Edmure meets his bride. Jon faces his harshest test yet. Bran discovers a new gift. Daario and Jorah debate how to take Yunkai. House Frey joins with House Tully. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by David Nutter.)

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject:

I know the Gendry storyline is a departure from the books but I like it. It will be interesting to see what kind of conflict Stannis will have with him.

A little too much Jon-Ygritte for me this episode. But loved seeing the Bear scene come to life.

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
ElliotTheFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject:

DonMagicWand wrote:
ElliotTheFan wrote:

if you look at the synopses i believe it will be episode 9.

Quote:
Episode 3.09 – The Rains of Castamere
Robb presents himself to Walder Frey, and Edmure meets his bride. Jon faces his harshest test yet. Bran discovers a new gift. Daario and Jorah debate how to take Yunkai. House Frey joins with House Tully. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by David Nutter.)

I see
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject:

DonMagicWand wrote:
I know the Gendry storyline is a departure from the books but I like it. It will be interesting to see what kind of conflict Stannis will have with him.

A little too much Jon-Ygritte for me this episode. But loved seeing the Bear scene come to life.

Same here.

If I recall the red lady went after some other random bastard right? Gendry sort of just disappears after he stays with he Brotherhood? Great decision.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject:

If I recall the Second Sons were not dispatched by that one guy right? I thought she paid of the one mercenary group and got the Second Sons drunk with the wine and then attacked them in the dead of the night. Didn't Titans Bastard live longer then he did in the show??
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Also, I believe in the book Sam drops the dragonglass for good reason. In the show he just kind of leaves it there. Am I remembering that correctly?

Melisandre was great this week as was the filming between Davos and Stannis. Loved the wedding scene and I cannot wait for the RW and Lady Stoneheart.

QUESTION:

Do you guys think the season will END with the Red Wedding or something else? I think it will end with the Red Wedding BUT it will allude to Lady Stoneheart and begin the invasion of Castle Black. Joffrey will have to be pushed to Season 4. I don't think Balon makes it past season 3...he needs to die so Stannis can believe in Melisandre again.

Episode 9 is called Rains of Castmere. Oh...without a doubt that is the Red Wedding. Stoneheart has to be the Season Finale then...keep the mystical endings alive (Dragons; White Walkers; Stoneheart) and crazy penultimate episodes (Ned; Blackwater; MOTHER EFFIN RED WEDDING!!)
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Also, I believe in the book Sam drops the dragonglass for good reason. In the show he just kind of leaves it there. Am I remembering that correctly?

Melisandre was great this week as was the filming between Davos and Stannis. Loved the wedding scene and I cannot wait for the RW and Lady Stoneheart.

QUESTION:

Do you guys think the season will END with the Red Wedding or something else? I think it will end with the Red Wedding BUT it will allude to Lady Stoneheart and begin the invasion of Castle Black. Joffrey will have to be pushed to Season 4. I don't think Balon makes it past season 3...he needs to die so Stannis can believe in Melisandre again.

Episode 9 is called Rains of Castmere. Oh...without a doubt that is the Red Wedding. Stoneheart has to be the Season Finale then...keep the mystical endings alive (Dragons; White Walkers; Stoneheart) and crazy penultimate episodes (Ned; Blackwater; MOTHER EFFIN RED WEDDING!!)

The Davos and Stannis scene was one of the best of the season.

Just brilliant, brilliant actors.

What was the deal with all those crows? Didn't Samwell kill a whitewalker much earlier?
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

QUESTION:

The Davos and Stannis scene was one of the best of the season.

Just brilliant, brilliant actors.

What was the deal with all those crows? Didn't Samwell kill a whitewalker much earlier?

It could have been the ravens that Sam was supposed to send out earlier when they were attacked, if not they just used them as a way to warn that Whitewalker was coming. Sam didn't kill one earlier, a wight grabbed his leg in the first episode this season, but he was saved by Mormont.

It seems like alot of us had the same reaction "Pick up the dragonglass Sam!"

Overall really good episode. My only minor complaint is maybe they shouldn't have had Stannis say the 3 names aloud. It seems to have spoilt whats coming next for the non-book readers.

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
What was the deal with all those crows?

Remember all the ravens are tied in with the children of the forest and the weirwoods. They congregated on the weirwood with the face carved into it, which the children of the forest can see through. And the ravens used to be able to talk or transmit messages with the children of the forest back in the day, now they have messages tied to their legs because the knowledge has crumbled away.
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject:

Whats funny is online I see alot of people joining Team Targaryen, if they only knew what was in store.

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject:

What do you guys make of Aegon having "survived?" Do you think Varys actually saved the true Targaryen King? Do you think Dany will join forces with him>
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
What do you guys make of Aegon having "survived?" Do you think Varys actually saved the true Targaryen King? Do you think Dany will join forces with him>

I think that he is the legit heir. I don't think they will join their forces together in a willing fashion - one might have to die.

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject:

DonMagicWand wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

I think that he is the legit heir. I don't think they will join their forces together in a willing fashion - one might have to die.

I think Martin is treading very close to jumping the shark with these twists and new characters in book 5.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DonMagicWand wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

I think Martin is treading very close to jumping the shark with these twists and new characters in book 5.

yes the aegon twisted disappointed me.
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DonMagicWand wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Yup.

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject:

so do you guys think we will see Coldhands in the next two episodes?

and who do you think Coldhands was? (Benjen Stark?)

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject:

DonMagicWand wrote:

If he was Benjen Stark, then Bran would have recognized him.
liltinybus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject:

TheJellosJigglin' wrote:
DonMagicWand wrote:

I don't completely remember, but wasn't Coldhands' face somewhat covered up, or am I remembering that wrong? I know they at one point saw enough of his face to see he wasn't breathing, because no breath was escaping his mouth in the cold like everyone else's.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject:

liltinybus wrote:
TheJellosJigglin' wrote:
DonMagicWand wrote:

I don't completely remember, but wasn't Coldhands' face somewhat covered up, or am I remembering that wrong? I know they at one point saw enough of his face to see he wasn't breathing, because no breath was escaping his mouth in the cold like everyone else's.

I just went back and looked in Book 5. You're right that some of his face was covered up. Here's some quotes from Bran's point of view:

"... the ranger's face was pale, his hands were black and hard as iron, and cold as iron too. The rest of him was wrapped in layers of wool and boiled leather and ringmail, his features shadowed by his hooded cloak and a black woolen scarf about the lower half of his face." (pg 61)

"Summer growled at him, his fur bristling. The direwolf did not like the way that Coldhands smelled. Dead meat, dry blood, a faint whiff of rot. And cold. Cold over all." (pg 62)

"... his voice muffled by the black wool scarf across his nose and mouth." (pg 62)

"Coldhands stood beside the door, a raven on his arm, both staring at the fire. Reflections from the flames glittered off four black eyes. He does not eat, Bran remembered, and he fears the flames." (pg 69)

"Coldhands turned his head to stare at Bran. "They were foes."

Men of the Night's Watch. "You killed them. You and the ravens. Their faces were all torn, and their eyes were gone." Cold hands did not deny it. "They were your brothers. I saw. The wolves had ripped their clothes up, but I could still tell. Their cloaks were black. Like your hands." Coldhands said nothing. "Who are you? Why are your hands black?"

The ranger studied his hands as if he had never noticed them before. "Once the heart has ceased to beat, a man's blood runs down into his extremities, where it thickens and congeals." His voice rattled in his throat, as thin and gaunt as he was. "His hands and feet swell up and turn as black as pudding. The rest of him becomes as white as milk."

Meera Reed rose, her frog spear in her hand, a chunk of smoking meat still impaled upon its tines. "Show us your face."

The ranger made no move to obey.

"He's dead." Bran could tast the bile in his throat. "Meera, he's some dead thing. The monsters cannot pass so long as the Wall stands and the men of the Night's Watch stay true, that's what Old Nan used to say. He came to meet us at the Wall, but he could not pass. He sent Sam instead, with that wildling girl."

"A monster," Bran said.

The ranger looked at Bran as if the rest of them did not exist. "Your monster, Brandon Stark."" (pg 70)
liltinybus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject:

^^ Cool, thanks for researching that. So that solidifies it more in my mind that it very well could be Benjen. May or may not explain, at least partially, why he is helping Bran. Especially after reading that last line.
kwest80
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
If I recall the Second Sons were not dispatched by that one guy right? I thought she paid of the one mercenary group and got the Second Sons drunk with the wine and then attacked them in the dead of the night. Didn't Titans Bastard live longer then he did in the show??

Daario leads/led the Stormcrows, not the Second Sons. That's Brown Ben Plumm's troop.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17
Jump to: